Dark World Society
March 29, 2024, 02:16:18 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Pokemon Black and White: Thread 2

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Black and White: Thread 2  (Read 398 times)
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: April 07, 2011, 03:22:15 pm Central Daylight Time »

Continue the discussion here.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:37 pm Central Daylight Time »

Your cheater ass got it for $9.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:58:42 am Central Daylight Time »

oh a new thread.

So Tye, what starter will you pick?

And Dits, what starter did you pick?
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:42:48 pm Central Daylight Time »

Pick Charmander!
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 04:38:20 pm Central Daylight Time »

Your cheater ass got it for $9.

Yeah it's pretty much a win-win there. 
oh a new thread.

So Tye, what starter will you pick?

And Dits, what starter did you pick?

I'll be choosing the Fire type. I don't know the names of new Pokemon yet lol.

Pick Charmander!

You know I would if I could.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 09:35:30 pm Central Daylight Time »

Haha   If only.

o_o''' But really, the Fire-type this time?  You know how f**kin' gay that thing looks, right?
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:46:37 pm Central Daylight Time »

The Grass type looks the least childish but this isn't a Pokemon contest. Looks don't matter. Even though a lot of the Pokemon I saw tonight on You Tube are horrendously hideous. Game Freak tends to make the starters "cute" to appeal to the children this game is marketed towards. Sometimes, we forget that this game isn't made for us lol.

But IGN gave this a 9/10. Ugly Pokemon and a formulaic structure being the downsides. I agree with the first part. Other then that, the only thing I saw that looks bad is the gym puzzles. But I sure lol'd when I saw Gurdurr and got the pun. Oh man. What an adventure Wednesday will be.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 11:55:58 pm Central Daylight Time »

No, the pig is just an ugly s**tling.  It tries to be cute, but gets kicked away.

I'm pretty sure everyone but some brainwashed kids know this region's ugly.   I hate Conkeldurr.  Even more so because it's competitively useful.  Unforgivable to have something that stupid be good.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 08:05:15 am Central Daylight Time »

I'm very upset with the starters 3rd evolution stats.
the grass one Serperior
has 113 spd.
95 Def and SpDef
75 Atk and SpDef
75 Hp.
Ugh that is crap. Who needs a fast, defensive, **** hitter.
The starter's stats only add up to 528
The weakest starters in all of pkmn history.

And the Fire/Fighting type starter is the slowest one.
65 Spd
65 Sp Atk
65 Sp Def
And his Hp, Atk, and Def are very high in the 100's

But the Water type starter is a better choice stat wise I think.

They have many über pkmn in this game like a dozen pkmn who's stats reach 580 and 600 and 660. That's a lot.

I like the feather fossil pkmn too.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 01:24:29 pm Central Daylight Time »

You miss Surperior's Dream World ability: Contrary.  Moves that lower its stats instead raise it by the same amount.  Meaning Leaf Storm, which sharply lowers your Special Attack, is now a 210 base damage attack (extra 50% from STAB: same type attack boost) that has a built-in Nasty Plot.  To pick Snivy as your actual starter (Overgrow instead of Contrast) would be weak, but the potential capabilities of this species is very high.  Hits hard, stalls with Substitute/Leech Seed, and stops Taunt/Roar/Whirlwind users with its own faster Taunt makes a great Pokemon.

Anyone who wants the Fire-type is a dumbass.  That thing sucks and it's a stupid f**ker.
The Water-type is a tad slow. It's OK. ]

Actually, only the cover Dragons are new Ubers.  Blaziken's Dream World ability Speed Boost, coupled with Swords Dance, Blaze Kick, and the now 130
(205 with STAB) damage Hi Jump Kick have launched it into Ubers.  Fire/Fighting is the best typing for wall-breaking (Chansey - better than Blissey now because pre-evolutions can hold Evolution Stone*, Ferrothorn, etc.).  Limitless Speed + 2x Attack is... very hard to stop, to say the least.  Throw in Protect when you suspect a Choice Scarfer grabs Blaziken another Speed Boost to outspeed the Scarfer and kill it.  By typing, Giratina is the only wall I can name that can thwart Blaziken.

That Ancient Bird Pokemon has an ability that cuts its Attack & Special Attack by half.  Otherwise, we'd have a definite Uber suspect on our hands.

* Evolution Stone doubles both Defense and Special Defense.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 05:09:18 pm Central Daylight Time »

You don't even know how good it is Trainer. It's not like you chose it and leveled it up.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 05:50:37 pm Central Daylight Time »

You don't even know how good it is Trainer. It's not like you chose it and leveled it up.

Looking at abilities, stats and moves and using previous experiences are enough to determine the tiers of Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 09:15:49 pm Central Daylight Time »

It's gonna be fine. As soon as I start learning all of the stuff. I've never played Pokémon on a DS system before so I don't understand the friend code thing.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 12:41:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

It's like all internet friend lists.  You have their code, they have yours.  Then when you're all on, you'll see each other's names in Wi-Fi menu's list.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 04:55:12 pm Central Daylight Time »

That's cool. I did a lot of reading on this and learned a lot. I'm glad I got White version.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 05:31:04 pm Central Daylight Time »

How so? o:
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 06:42:19 pm Central Daylight Time »

Well so far I am glad I got it. I won't know for sure yet. But I like White Forest over Black City and the new twist to the storyline. Serebii.net has been very helpful.

Stuff I like so far:

White Forest
Serperior
New story line
Seasons
Rivals

Concerns:

Gym puzzles
Gym leaders with small parties
Triple Battles
Rotation Battles
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 07:26:24 pm Central Daylight Time »

Eh, those weird battles are just to get through the game.   You don't hafta do that stuff once you're through if you don't wanna.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 10:38:02 pm Central Daylight Time »

That's good. Besides that stuff, I'm actually really confused and I have lots of questions about the games. I guess because I'm not familiar with DS systems. -_-
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 03:05:47 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't think you'll have much problems once you pick this up.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 04:24:30 pm Central Daylight Time »

I hope not but different friend codes for different games? That's awful.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 07:18:21 pm Central Daylight Time »

Oh please. -_-'''
You’ll live.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 09:06:11 pm Central Daylight Time »

But you won't.

Global link opens up on Wednesday. What a coincidence. Apparently Victini is still available for capture and dream world opens sometime soon.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:08 pm Central Daylight Time »

Now you're not getting my nicely bred Pokemon.

Victini looks like Bass from Mega Man.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 07:25:58 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't see how that's so devastating.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2