Dark World Society
April 19, 2024, 09:58:04 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Pokemon Black and White: Thread 2

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Black and White: Thread 2  (Read 401 times)
JackalKing
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

The Jackal!

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2011, 11:49:40 pm Central Daylight Time »

The best thing to do IMO is first worry about getting good stab attacks.

On a Golduck, that would be surf.

Then youd want to go with versatility...

Now if I remember right Golducks are fragile so hyper beam or giga impact (depending on if ATK or SP Atk is higher or return if you want to play it safe)

Now his coverage hits every basic type with neutral or super effective damage EXCEPT FOR: Steel.

Id personally give it brick break. gives it a super effective against steel and something to tell wallsetters that they just wasted their time.

So thats 3 moves:
Surf
Ultra Powerful Normal Attack Decided upon later
Brick Break

Now find something to cover a weakness

Grass/Electric being Waters main (only?) weaknesses

Youve got a few choices:
if your more worried about grass
Ice Punch/Ice Beam.
Pros: Kills Grass/Flying/Dragons. May freeze
Cons: Theres now dragons out aside from Kingdra that are actually usable that dont completely raped by ice

If your worried about Electric your best choice is Dig.
Pros: Underground
Con: your raped if the opponent has COUNTER.

Alternate Options:
Hypnosis. Helps you beat stronger enemies or can force your opponent to switch out.
Light Screen: Because walls are fun.
Confuse Ray/Swagger: Because **** with people is fun
Rain Dance: Makes surf stronger, allows a set up where when Golduck dies you pull out something that works very well with Thunders guaranteed hit.
Disable: Most people will usually have one move that works well on your pokemon. If they try to spam it and its disable their using neutral or less on you most likely. If not their either a noob with 4 attacks of the same type or Golduck was definitely the wrong pokemon to send in.

Note: Although I know how to competitive battle I also like to put fun "bonus" moves on certain pokemon. In Fire Red/Leaf Green my ENTIRE PARTY usually has Brick Break.
Report Spam   Logged
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2011, 10:53:29 am Central Daylight Time »

Um... ok sure thanx jack. I know those things.

I just never play in the most competive format so I just pick my favorites and the moves I like most. I never concern myself with advanced strategy. I just like sweepers and cool looking pkmn.

I know my weaknesses I just forget some of them sometimes.

The fact that steel resist Psychic, ghost, dark and dragon makes no sense at all. Those types have no relevance or connection to steel at all. So they should be neutral.

That's just cheap, over powering of their steel type. Damn you.

Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2011, 02:23:42 pm Central Daylight Time »

Jackal and Trainer make this children's video game more complicated than it actually is. I just choose the Pokémon and moves I like and have fun with it. That's how it should be.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2011, 06:18:15 pm Central Daylight Time »

Not so much overpowering.  That describes Dragon.  Steel is good enough to make Pokemon last, but it isn't threatening in offense.

But uh.  Jackal.  You ain't serious about Hyper Beam or Giga Impact, right?

And Fever, it's about winning. 8]  Yet I still get to use what I like.  You know how important that is to me...
xD
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
JackalKing

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

The Jackal!

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2011, 08:15:11 pm Central Daylight Time »

Um... ok sure thanx jack. I know those things.

I just never play in the most competive format so I just pick my favorites and the moves I like most. I never concern myself with advanced strategy. I just like sweepers and cool looking pkmn.

I know my weaknesses I just forget some of them sometimes.

The fact that steel resist Psychic, ghost, dark and dragon makes no sense at all. Those types have no relevance or connection to steel at all. So they should be neutral.

That's just cheap, over powering of their steel type. Damn you.

Dont forget WATER...

Also @PkMn Trainer
For some reason I was thinking Golducks defenses were alot lower and that it was one of those pokemon that die from like 1 hit (Like Electrode)
If I had looked up its stats I would have said return
Report Spam   Logged
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2011, 10:28:15 pm Central Daylight Time »

What?  If anything, Water resists Steel.

o_o''' But why the **** would you want a Normal-type move?  The 150 base damage moves that require a turn to recharge are all crap.  In the one turn you are forced to use, your opponent gets a free turn to set up, strike again, or make a safe switch-in.  Plus, STAB Surf deals just 7 points less (95+47.5).
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
JackalKing

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

The Jackal!

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2011, 10:39:20 pm Central Daylight Time »

Because normal deals neutral to everything but rock steel and ghost.

water deals damage to rock and ghost

and im dead serious steel resists water. I coulda sworn
Report Spam   Logged
ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2011, 10:50:47 am Central Daylight Time »

I thought water resisted steel.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2011, 02:08:11 pm Central Daylight Time »

Because normal deals neutral to everything but rock steel and ghost.

water deals damage to rock and ghost

and im dead serious steel resists water. I coulda sworn

You only use it on Pokemon who have sacrificed slots for setup moves and have absolutely nothing better to use.  The only Pokemon like this and is still usable is Feraligatr.

Nope.  Arktic knows, too.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 06:48:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

Ghost is weak against Water? What Jackal?

Dark is weak against what?
Ghost is weak against what?
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2011, 07:13:01 pm Central Daylight Time »

What Fever? You miss read.

But

Fighting and bug beat out Dark. Which makes NO Sense.
Dark and Ghost beat out Ghost.
And I hate that Ghost, Dark and Bug beat out Psychic. WTF is wrong with psychic and dark being beaten by bug?

I Wish Psychic, Ghost and Dark were made a triangle like grass, water and fire.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2011, 07:20:51 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't know.  Bugs are icky, I guess.

But, I'm not complaining.   I love Bug's little niche.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2011, 07:35:03 pm Central Daylight Time »

Dark and Bug should have never been made.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2011, 07:39:10 pm Central Daylight Time »

I Love Scyther and Houndoom So, I'm fine with it. But I think the weakness could have made more sense.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2011, 07:47:50 pm Central Daylight Time »

It's fine.  Typing is OK.

What's imba are specific Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

JackalKing

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

The Jackal!

« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2011, 05:50:37 am Central Daylight Time »

Dark and Bug should have never been made.

Uh... psychic would have no real weaknesses... except for ghost which... gen 1 was relatively useless. gen 2.... got better with shadow ball but still almost useless (physical!?!) gen 3 still physical gen 4 it was finally useful.

Ghost is weak against Water? What Jackal?

Dark is weak against what?
Ghost is weak against what?

No I was saying Water could deal damage to rock and ghost. I was talking about neutral damage
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:54:17 am Central Daylight Time by JackalKing » Report Spam   Logged
ArkticDark

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2011, 12:14:56 pm Central Daylight Time »

Ok, Question.

At level 37 scyther learns Double Team bur Scizor learns Iron Defense.
Now, If my pkmn is ultimately going to be a Scizor, which of THOSE TWO moves would you recommend as the best choice???

Also, Since I'm not going to use Heatwave with growlithe I want to know is Flare Blitz worth it??? You take 33% of the Damage. I'm expecting it to OHKO. So I will take 1/3 of my opponent's Max HP. This bothers me. Is it really that important for Arcanine to have Flare Blitz???

Because If not, I'm evolving Growlithe after he learns Crunch.
I'll have
Flamethrower
FireFang
Dig
Crunch

Does he need Flare Blitz?
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2011, 04:02:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

Anything that raises Evasion is HACK.  Totally go for Double Team!  Run it with Swords Dance/Bullet Punch/Bug Bite and you are invincible...

Arcanine does need Flare Blitz as a clincher.  However, Flare Blitz probably won't OHKO the stronger enemies.  Replace Fire Fang with Flare Blitz.  Flamethrower first, then finish the foe off with Blitz.  This way you take less damage and will have a better chance at ensuring 2HKOs.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:09 pm Central Daylight Time »

No big deal. Who uses Psychics besides me? Psychics were fine before Dark even existed.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2011, 06:06:59 am Central Daylight Time »

Oh ok. thx. Hmm... I wonder why you wouldn't just hit flamethrower a 2nd time to 2HKO.

Yea I love psychic. Alakazam, Galade, Gardevoir or however you spell that.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2011, 01:59:31 pm Central Daylight Time »

It might.  It'll be a harder for Arcanine with what the heavy duty Pokemon in the Battle Frontier.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2011, 07:22:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

BF is insane...
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2011, 07:39:35 pm Central Daylight Time »

Instead of 4th Gen.'s Quick Claw Rhydon, it's now a Pinsir.   Making the 1 in 100,000+ chance to sweep with Horn Drill/Guillotine somehow becomes commonplace for the AI. o_o'''
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2011, 04:27:24 pm Central Daylight Time »

**** 'em. >
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2011, 09:35:01 pm Central Daylight Time »

I wonder what kinda codes Nintendo writes to make that happen.   Honestly, it's unfair. >
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 7
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1