Dark World Society
April 15, 2024, 07:38:42 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The tendancy towards non-adaptation.

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
0 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The tendancy towards non-adaptation.  (Read 219 times)
Dragon in the Shadows
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 09, 2011, 05:28:22 pm Central Daylight Time »

In ten thousand years the human race has gone from building and hunting with stone to the cloud of cyber space.  However cyber space has actually banished orginial thought and thus ended our intellectual evolution.  Put it simle terms a small number of a species living isolation evolves faster whereas a larger group living in a larger space evolves slowly.

Now with humans, our evolution has been mostly mental and for the first time in the whole of evolution a species separated by oceans is still with in daily contact with each other.  A child in New York can have the same daily routine as a child in Tokyo; wake up, go to school, learn the same science and math courses, eat at Burger King, listen to Green Day, ect.  Regional differences are vanishing, differences in logic and scientific theory are deminishing.  As this trend continues we will see less of the unconventual; only the top ten books, CDs, DVDs, ideas.  Eventually everyone will think the same.  The end result of mankind's intellectual evolution; global uniformity, all inovation will become copy-and-paste.

Disagree with me if you want, but I can already predict what your replies will be.  And instead of quoting Darwin or bringing up fitness landscapes I'll just end with a quote from one of my favorite songs:

I just want to be who I want to be
Guess that's hard for others to see
I'm not a trendy  censored.gif
I do what I want
I do what I feel like
I'm not a trendy  censored.gif
I don't give a  censored.gif if it'f good enough for you
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:42:18 pm Central Daylight Time by Dragon in the Shadows » Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:39:07 pm Central Daylight Time »

Well we all all need to be unified anyway. Like the Illuminate want.

Humans can only get so smart. There has got to be a intellectual cap.

But it is a mile stone needed to Spiritual evolution and peace between man.

The intellectual era of evolution will have its end and the spiritual evolutionary era will kick off. We might even find a technology of the soul and work with spirit paticles.

Do you get what i'm sayin???

I just don't see human kind getting much smarter than we are now. It is time to uniform intellect so we can move on to the next big step of evolution that is probably unique to human kind.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:20:48 pm Central Daylight Time »

Funny thing is Arktic, we think that because at the same time we really can get smarter. Hell, 5 years ago, I never would have thought something as complex as the Playstation 3 could be created. Now, a Playstation 4 is being planned. Can you possibly wrap your mind around how the PS3 successor could be even more technologically advanced then the technology we have now? Probably not. But it will happen.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 01:20:21 am Central Daylight Time »

Thinking the same?  We as people are born with different opinions on different issues. "We," as in each and every individual on Earth.  Unique cultures will be kept alive.  Tastes will change.  Change to be the same?  Conflicting opinions on each generation's trends prove that not to be the case.

You say everyone will soon appreciate only a handful of those in the different arts?  Unless they create a "perfect form" of their art, that cannot happen.  So, it will not happen.

An individual's physical capabilities will also have an effect on their preferences and pleasures.  In addition, it is impossible to universally weigh pleasures equally because there will be differences in capabilities and preferences.  There are always those who break away from the norm.  It is caused by their own mental and emotional state, which may not be controlled.

You take small signs and blow them up to large scales while overlooking the little bits that would disprove the theory.  Conformity may grow, yes, but it can never be total.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:11 am Central Daylight Time »

Woot! Now we have a discussion on our hands.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 04:45:30 pm Central Daylight Time »

Gary Oak kickin' it into gear. 8]
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 05:39:05 pm Central Daylight Time »

Let's begin.  8]
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 06:17:09 pm Central Daylight Time »

Let's begin.  8]

"Draw!" *fwip*

"I Summon... Quilbolt Hedgehog in Defense mode!  I Set two cards face-down and end my turn!"

*begins to derail thread*
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 09:13:08 pm Central Daylight Time »

inb4someonerages
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 09:35:06 am Central Daylight Time »

when we talk about evolution it has to do with the whole world. Not the very few geniuses who advance our technology.

Those geniuses are anomalies in our species. 99% of humans can't be that smart and will never be that smart.

Comon guys think before you post. Current technology has nothing to do with the intellect of the human race as a whole.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 02:48:44 pm Central Daylight Time »

99%? I'd like to know where you pulled that statistic. 
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 07:20:57 pm Central Daylight Time »

The title of this discussion does not fit the matters being discussed.  The current title would address a theory in which humans eventually reach a form that perfectly suits the environment (as suggested by “non-adaptation”).  However, the discussion is really about intellectual uniformity that will eventually spread throughout humanity.  The use of “adaptation” at all is incorrect because that word indicates physical neurological changes rather than mental changes.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 11:45:12 pm Central Daylight Time »

Mkay. Go on.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 07:59:24 am Central Daylight Time »

Good job Trainer. I just ignored that detail tho.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 12:42:02 pm Central Daylight Time »

Thank you ArkticDark.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 06:29:35 pm Central Daylight Time »

its better to keep the conversation going tho.
or debate with consistency.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 04:33:41 am Central Daylight Time »

Current technology has nothing to do with the intellect of the human race as a whole.

You're kidding, right.  The current level of technology has stunted mental and intellectual growth of the average person.  Let me put it this way; the Internet was developed to allow colleges and universities to share data on a detailed level instantaneously.  Well, now it is used for 70% ****, 25% socializing, 5% other.  Obviously those numbers aren't accurate, but you get my point.

And this has impacted the intellect of the human race.  One must remember that all technology we have originally had one purpose; to promote the society's health, safety and numbers.  Thanks to social networks there are many people who think they are "social", but actually can't function in a group.  They are so use to simply ignoring a person with a different point of view that when the option is gone and they have to negotiate they get argumentative and aggressive.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:31:45 pm Central Daylight Time »

Dits understands. 
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 11:46:32 am Central Daylight Time »

mankind has always been that way. Ever seen a caveman movie. Or a movie that takes place in the medieval times. Or even movies that were made in the 90's. That is just the ignorance of man and it has always been like that.

There is no way Social networking  replaces human interaction, that is a fantasy Dits. Kids still go to school and play with their friends, people still go to work and families still have BBQs.
The social behavior of people is still the same except for during their alone time at home they now have a new hobby, FB.

You have no proof that people are dumber, less social or even more aggressive than 10 years ago.

Wanna see a post of a url to a scientific study that states this as fact. Or else this is just a narrow minded opinion.

The human intellect as a collective whole has reached its cap a long time ago. Schools are still teaching the same old stuff as they always have before social networking was invented.  And have so for almost 100 years.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:38:54 pm Central Daylight Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 12:37:19 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't have BBQ's. 
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 12:44:19 pm Central Daylight Time »

And then there are the people who actually make something of their life with technology.  

As for people being "less social..." Facebook makes it just the opposite.  Yes, there are those invertebrates that troll online or are shut in.  It can be argued that online communication promotes them to be lazy, but it can also be argued that online communication does get to them and they will be encouraged to improve their character.  Before the advent of Myspace, such people weren't likely to change.  At least with it, there is a better chance.  For the most part people are getting closer through online communication.  Easy contact is beneficiary to the human race as a whole.

And Dragon!  I do think the title should be fixed.  I presented an explanation several posts above.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 12:48:54 pm Central Daylight Time »

buck2.gif Did you use to have BBQs before social networking was invented???

Dits is just making statements that are relative to his own personal experience.

You can't make assumptions of evolution on stuff like that.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 12:58:48 pm Central Daylight Time »

Are you saying that social media hinders people in society today from doing more natural activities like BBQ's?
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 05:41:25 pm Central Daylight Time »

There is no way Social networking  replaces human interaction, that is a fantasy Dits. Kids still go to school and play with their friends, people still go to work and families still have BBQs.
The social behavior of people is still the same except for during their alone time at home they now have a new hobby, FB.

You have no proof that people are dumber, less social or even more aggressive than 10 years ago.

Wanna see a post of a url to a scientific study that states this as fact. Or else this is just a narrow minded opinion.

First of all kids do have social obligations, until they finish school.  I've seen a lot of kids at work who "prefer to socialize only online or through text messages".  Their words, not mine.  And they are incapable of sustaining a conversation or a coherent thought.  It's the way social networks operate that has screwed up their minds.  They have become use to posting whatever they want and editing it later that they forget that once they say something it's already been heard.

As for proof or a scientific study you can perform all that yourself.  Go into a Walmart or Target and see how many kids there can actually do their job or aren't texting.  And you can claim that they are just teenagers, but it happens at all age levels and occupations.  Hell, next time you are driving and stop at a red light, take a look at the drive next to you.  Odds are they are doing one of the four stupid acts that drivers are often guilty of; digging for Nazi gold, eating, texting, or talking on their cel phone.

But if you still want to disagree with me do a search for "stupid stunts" on YouTube.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 06:15:12 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't text on the clock. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 1
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 0
Total: 0