Dark World Society
April 19, 2024, 07:23:00 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Thoughts On The Afterlife

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts On The Afterlife  (Read 206 times)
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Badges: (View All)
Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« on: January 01, 2012, 12:56:35 pm Central Standard Time »

1st off I know this is alot to read but if you have the time I would appreciate it. I really got on a roll when I started this and it came out better than I thought it would.

I grew up Baptist by my Grandma, my parents weren't religious but my dad often seen ghosts and believed in spirits, he just never gave God much thought. My two lesbian aunts who helped raise me while my parents partied were very religious but also very spiritual. They often saw ghost as well and would experience some paranormal stuff here and there. They have so many ghost stories. So I grew up believing in ghosts too. All though I have only seen shadowy, black figures for short instances.

Now, I have studied many other religions deeply too just because Kung Fu and TaiChi opened my eyes to the energies of the world and my love of science made me search for answers. I love Quantum Physics and believe they will soon discover the tangible makeup of the spirit.

I know there is more to the afterlife than what is told. I Can feel it in the depths of my inner being that there is more to it. Like for one I believe in Heaven and reincarnation both at the same time.

I know from physics that everything is made of energy and I have felt and experienced it through meditation and Tai Chi practice. And I have alot of Japanese Shinto, Buddhist and Taoist beliefs too like animals and certain objects have a spirit. and I believe the spirit is an energy made of something tangible like a particle or electromagnet wave because the Taoist and Buddhist explanation of the soul is the Spark and Breath of Life and I have felt this through Kung Fu and Tai Chi.

And I have some Christian beliefs too. although I don't believe Jesus is the only way to a christian heaven, I Believe inorder to become a member of the Kingdom of Heaven you must fill your soul with the Holy Spirit. I don't believe in the Catholic Holy Ghost, the Trinity, I believe the Holy Spirit is God's chi that he emits from his celestial body like spirit energy, God's Breath of Life. Not a seperate holy ghost entity. But I don't hold alot of importance in the idea of Jesus, more so for the Creator.

And I don't believe the a true evil person who has the ability to kill or harm others in cold blood can ask Jesus and or God for forgiveness on his death bed and be absolved of all his sins to be let into Heaven. I find it hard to believe in Hell as it is described in the Bible. But if there is such a plain of existence then I believe you have to earn your ticket there. Like the opposite of Heaven, you have to fill your soul with Darkness to become a member of the Kingdom of Hell. But Earth might be Hell to though as Lucifer is Ruler of Earth as the Bible says God gave Dominion of Earth to Him when he cast him out of Heaven. Just a parallel plain of existence like a spirit World, Only a theory I ponder on. But for now I say that I am leaning towards Hell being a deep, dark, Freezing pit of blackness where your spirit cannot roam free. The deepest reachest of hell where satan resides is said to be Frozen. Also I don't believe Satan is the root of man's evil. Man does evil all by himself.

Now I really don't feel like I even want to go to Heaven. In Heaven you spend your time praising God for eternity... No way I'm doin that. Here is where I start making my Main Points. I just want to be a good person in this life and effect as many peoples lives as possible in a positive way and have a free and peaceful spiritual journey in the afterlife. 

I Believe there is more to the afterlife than Heaven and Hell. I believe if you don't fill your soul with Holy Spirit or Darkness then you don't earn your ticket to Heaven or Hell and I believe your spirit takes on a different cycle. I believe there is a vast possibility of other worldly happenings. Like people who die attached to this world or die with unfinished business manifest their spirit as a ghost and do ghostly **** like try to communicate with the living.

Also I believe spirits that lived a good or bad life but were not filled with enough Holy Spirit or Darkness before they died and also died without attachment to this world will go through a cycle of reincarnation like written in Hindi and Buddhist belief. Also, as for what I believe for people who were free spirits and loved nature and loved the planet. I believe that their spirit floats freely in the wind and their spirit particles eventually absorb into the Earth's energy and they become one with the planet like the circle of life but for the soul.

So there you all have it. My complex belief of the afterlife. It would be nice to not only get comments but also true opinions as well because I really opened myself up on this one. I would probably be an atheist if it weren't for Kung Fu and TaiChi in my adolescence.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:40:59 pm Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

XxReptarxX
That one girl you will never forget.
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +18/-0

2500 Posts Third Year Anniversary Level 4 Combination Thread Starter
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 02:01:40 pm Central Standard Time »

You have some really cool beliefs posted here, it was definitely worth the read.

Although I do have beliefs, about religion and the afterlife, I cannot say that I am an extremely religious person, or that I have studied enough to come up with whole beliefs per se, but that I have pieces that may someday be a part of a belief in it's entirety.

Although I do not go to church, study the bible, or preach about God, I would have to say I do believe in God, as I do Jesus. I think there is a lot to learn from the bible, whether you take it in a religious way, or just bettering yourself and hopefully to make a positive impact on those around you. There are people, like my parents, who claim to be such "Hard core Christians",  but they'll say it more like, "I'm a fuc*ing hard core Christian God damnit!!" And then they will continue up to their room, water the mar!juana plants, light up a joint, lie their as$es off to get more welfare money, and listen to Christian talk radio stations all day. This is the reason why I had become so turned away from the Christian religion. I cannot believe that people can live this way, and say that they are doing all they can to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

There has been an idea that I have had ever since I was a child, though I have never quite given it too much thought. There are so many different religions, and so many different beliefs about the afterlife, yet a lot of them are similar in some ways. I figured if you dedicate your life to a belief that you were going to go here or there after your human life on earth is over, that is how you spend the rest of eternity. Whether you believe you are going to be in a christian heaven, or if you believe you will be in this fiery pit of hell, or if you believe that you will be reincarnated, or whatever your belief may be, that this will be the way the afterlife presents itself to you.

Now, I haven't really given it too much thought, but it's kinda been an idea that has been floating around in my, as Tye calls it, "small cranium" ever since I was little, and my cranium was even smaller yet back then.  Lol.

Leaving my footsteps on this earth in a very positive way is very important to me though. I don't want to be someone that is just erased from every persons mind because I was just your typical girl, living some selfish life of my own. Rather I care very deeply for every person I know, and do not know for that matter. Many of the people I have met, especially in the last year, are people that most probably have no concern for, and would rather see them just vanished off the planet, or would never cared if they live or die. No matter how many mistakes a person makes, and no matter what kind of person they may be now, I know that somewhere deep inside is someone who was once so much joy to someones life, their child, mother, father, or friend, and for that, it is worth trying to help them to find themselves again. Because I do believe in all the evil that someone may present, that is not who they were born to be, but rather the influences they have had, and wrong paths that they chosen. This does not make them a bad person, just someone who is lost.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:06:37 pm Central Standard Time by XxReptarxX » Report Spam   Logged
ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 02:29:56 pm Central Standard Time »

Thanks for sharing Kayla.

Yeah, I'm not really a religious person and I don't talk about it  really but I got my belief system.

Usually I think people should practice self control, restriction and inner calmness and not say oh you need God in your life to change your ways and be a better person. Cause believing in God ain't gonna change who you are.

Smokin Weed doesn't make your parents bad Christians Kayla. But the way they treat other people. Nothing wrong with weed. Its just a plant grown from the Earth.

Report Spam   Logged

XxReptarxX

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 02:39:47 pm Central Standard Time »

Yeaa, I know that. The only thing in the bible that would make weed a bad thing is the bible stating "Obey the laws of the land", and it is illegal.

I definitely don't think that one needs God to change who they are for the better. Some people might feel like they need God, hence why so many people are so damn religious. lol. You can be the best you can with or without believing in God.
Report Spam   Logged
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 01:17:27 pm Central Standard Time »

I believe in heaven 'nd hell.  To get into heaven's gates, be a good person and believe in Christ who died for mankind's sins.  Make an effort not to do immoral sh*t.  I don't really believe using weed or something makes you a bad person, but because of its negative labels and usual crowd that controls it I do not support it.  As long as you're not living for that high and you are doing good things in life, you're fine.  Kinda like what Arktic said.

And addressing Kayla's opinion on her parents, there will always be people who do not fully understand what they are doing.  I think it's more common in Christianity because it's such a widespread religion.  Like Arktic said again, believing in Christianity doesn't automatically make you "good."  You have to take your own actions.

Heaven to me is a place where you find absolute bliss and harmony and have a strong bond with God.  It's not quite the place of "infinite church time."  You'll always enjoy yourself there and feel very satisfied with the relations you build.

Regardless of your opinion on the afterlife, it will bring you the most joy to act on your own good will.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 01:40:54 pm Central Standard Time »

Good words Trainer...

What are peoples thoughts on Hell???
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 02:44:06 pm Central Standard Time »

Thank you Mr. Hines.
And did you type all of this out from your phone/PS3?   Holy crap, this must have taken you a long time!!

Uh... hell is bad! 8D

I can't accurately recall what ya said about this Arktic, but I believe Hell is separate to Earth though they are both the devil's domain
. (Reference to my Deck)

I'm going on a bit of a tangent here but... I say it's the devil's domain because there are a lot of people who are more in touch with their immoral, pleasure-seeking sides.  At least to me, most people are either non-Christian or lukewarm if they are (I admit I fall to this).  Also by the strict judgment of older generations, the kind of sex appeal and violence is condemnable.  However, I don't feel so strongly about that though because I believe it's a greater freedom in expression and not so much for the sake of feeling power or satisfying lust.

Of course, hell gives the unrighteous eternal despair and regret, contrary to how heaven gives the righteous eternal happiness.  While I can imagine parts of the goodness heaven has (after all, rewards are easier to name), I have no idea what kinda sh*t's gonna f*ck people up in hell.  Must be some terrible sh*t.  Like maybe child molesters will be raped by the elderly iono.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
XxReptarxX

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 02:44:50 pm Central Standard Time »

Very nice Trainer.

Although I think we all know that I don't think weed is a bad thing. The thing that makes it bad with the the way they do it, is that they can very easily have the kids ripped from them. They let my little sister help grow them, telling her that they are tomato plants. And all they do is smoke weed, and then fight all day. They sit on their asses and do nothing. I have no problem with mar!juana, as it was my drug of choice for a very long time. But the idea of them not giving a damn about their children, and letting them fall behind in school and such, just because they'd rather not do anything about it, and just blame the schools. That's the only reason I do not condone their use of the product.

And Hell... Haven't you seen Southpark? It's a fiery pit, and we all hang around and the guys, especially the terrorists, get to do sex favors for Satan. 
Report Spam   Logged
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 04:35:11 pm Central Standard Time »

Thanks Kayla.

Exactly, you have to be above the influence.   Marijuana shouldn't control you; you should control marijuana!

e _e''' I have distaste for South Park.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 10:04:11 pm Central Standard Time »

What!? Distaste for south park?

Has anyone heard of or read the epic poem by Dante Alighieri called the Divine Comedy??? Dante's Inferno.

It depicts sevens levels of Hell and the deepest level the lair of satan is blistering cold and frozen.
Its crazy, and that game Dante's Inferno graphically shows the seven levels as you play through it. Pretty cool.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 11:13:33 pm Central Standard Time »

I find the pace quite slow and the content quite stupidly meaningless.

I've had an interest in that work but I never got the chance to read it.  Good thing you brought it up.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 05:52:33 pm Central Standard Time »

Eh...
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

XxReptarxX

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 07:07:48 pm Central Standard Time »

Oh, I see he has surprised us. Instead of spamming with a smiley, he just says "Eh..."

Report Spam   Logged
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 07:20:42 pm Central Standard Time »

Oh, I see he has surprised us. Instead of spamming with a smiley, he just says "Eh..."

Seriously, Fever you're not getting any sympathy from us with that kinda spam.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 06:55:54 am Central Standard Time »

Eh...

>

I don't know why I expected Tye to be cooler than that?

I mean so you say you are an atheist, what drives that belief for you? Is it a logic thing for you or because of tragedy and why would God allow it he must not exist...

This thread isn't about trying to change your mind Tye I don't wanna preach to you or Judge you I wish to know your side of it is all.

And you say you are an atheist but you might be lying about that.

Anyway I'm sure you have some opinion on the existance. Or nonexistence of souls, ghosts, spiritual energies. I'm curious dude.

Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:44 pm Central Standard Time »

I do and being atheist says it all. So don't be mad bro. I didn't say anything cause you guys would troll me for being atheist. I know you guys.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 06:38:37 am Central Standard Time »

I'm not mad at you bro for not posting quallity just disappointed. Like when you post a thread about the best holiday or something else you like for the paticipation to happen. That's all Fever.

Man just because you don't wanna believe in a supreme being/ creator doesn't mean you can't possibly be a spiritual guy. Athiest can still believe in a Mortal Soul and different energies and I'm sure you have an opinion about the afterlife. You think all athiest believe the same things like y'all conform to a united athiest way. I'm sure there are plenty of athiest who believe in reincarnation because of transfer of life energy from one dead thing to the next born thing there must be something Fever.

Comon man put in an effort.

Besides you being the guy you seem to be you might Not even be athiest and that's just what you want us to think. I don't want to judge you Tye I got Hindi friends I got Jewish friends and I got a dad who I love that doesn't believe in God so I'm not gonna judge you? It's not a big deal what you are cause I'm not a religous person just more spiritual and why would I Troll you?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:47:01 am Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

XxReptarxX

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 07:58:04 pm Central Standard Time »

The thing I liked about Tye when I met him was that he is that extremely nice religious guy, that cares about everyone, and wouldn't hurt anyone, (who doesn't deserve it, anyway  ) super sweet, but without the religion. He is truly not into it at all. I believe mostly due to his upbringing and being forced to live a Seventh Day Adventist life.
Report Spam   Logged
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 01:04:36 am Central Standard Time »

Yeah so you guys can f**k yourselves.  >

See I'm nice.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 06:46:36 am Central Standard Time »

Why you mad bro?

And I've already F**ked myself today thank you very much!

This thread is not for questioning peoples religous status it is just for posting opinions of the topic.
Report Spam   Logged

XxReptarxX

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 03:52:36 pm Central Standard Time »

LOL!

\m/
Report Spam   Logged
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 05:44:38 pm Central Standard Time »

Why you mad bro?

And I've already F**ked myself today thank you very much!

This thread is not for questioning peoples religous status it is just for posting opinions of the topic.

Then go f**k yourself again!
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 06:15:56 pm Central Standard Time »

how bout you just stop posting in my thread Jackhole!
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 06:35:05 pm Central Standard Time »

Lol I'm done trollin'. But seriously I don't have much to say on topic.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 06:38:48 pm Central Standard Time »

Just **** lock it! You already ruined the thread so I'm done.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 7
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1