Dark World Society
March 18, 2024, 06:45:28 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Dragon's Kindle

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Poll
Question: Which of these do you think Dragon has downloaded more of on to his Kindle?  (Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 04:33:11 am Central Standard Time)
Novels - 2 (16.7%)
Classic Literature - 1 (8.3%)
Mathmatics and Statistics - 3 (25%)
Science and Engineering - 2 (16.7%)
Philosophy - 3 (25%)
Mythology - 1 (8.3%)
Romance Novels - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon's Kindle  (Read 4383 times)
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Badges: (View All)
Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2012, 06:04:36 pm Central Standard Time »

just like black holes can't be studied but you will firmly believe what some scientist theorized and never witnessed 1st hand.

People who do yoga and kung fu have experienced chi and have for thousands of years.

Deepak Chopra is a medical doctor who knows alot about quantum and meta physics and he writes about chi and prana all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2012, 06:11:11 pm Central Standard Time »

just like black holes can't be studied but you will firmly believe what some scientist theorized and never witnessed 1st hand.

Actually they have, just not up close.  They have even been photographed.  We know black holes exist.

Deepak Chopra is a medical doctor who knows alot about quantum and meta physics and he writes about chi and prana all the time.

But does he claim that he can put out candles with his mind?  Does he use this power to treat terminally ill patients?
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2012, 06:18:02 pm Central Standard Time »

its not just mental but physical and spiritual as well. You aren't mentally blowing out a candle you have to physically feel the energy and chanel it.
You have to meditate and build up amounts of chi before you can us it so it is very limited to your body, mind and spirit. It is very human and there is no supernatural magic to it it is just a part of humanity that take work and dedication to make a part of your life and it makes your life better.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2012, 06:23:21 pm Central Standard Time »

Lets try a bigger experiment.  I'll light a candle and you blow it out with your chi.  We can use skype for this purpose.  Since you are not even anywhere near the candle it will prove only your chi is effecting the candle.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2012, 06:26:31 pm Central Standard Time »

why must you mock me like that. Are you an offical hater?
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2012, 06:33:58 pm Central Standard Time »

I am merely asking you to think your experiment through.  Have you even tried other ways of doing the experiment?  Putting out a candle behind a barrier to prevent air from effecting it in any way?  Putting out a candle in a different room?  Have you done it without moving at all?  And how many other people have done this only using chi?  The whole point of an experiment, after all, is that it can be performed by others with the same matterial, repeatively and reliably, without in depth knowledge.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2012, 07:05:41 pm Central Standard Time »

no you have to have deep knowledge and practice it like honing a skill. And I cannot make my chi go threw a wall i'm not magic it is an extension of my body and my body don't phase through walls or stretch across rooms so why are you asking such ridic sh!t.

Those variables don't have anything to do with testing the validity of chi.

And I would have to train people to use their chi and the two people I have trained aren't as good at using as I am.

You have to be fully comitted to training your chi because at base level it won't be effective.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:06:35 pm Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2012, 07:09:42 pm Central Standard Time »

Those variables don't have anything to do with testing the validity of chi.

What I am saying is:

Eliminate
The
Varibles
Because
They
Effect
The
Results
Of
The
Experiment
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2012, 07:24:14 pm Central Standard Time »

Like I said on fb, what this chi really is is deep concentration that allows for precise control of your body.  The defined movement you make is able to snuff out the candle.

If chi is spiritual, then you could snuff out a candle that is behind a sheet of paper.  A thin wall couldn't possibly keep you from expunging the flame.

But because it does, it shows that blowing out the candle is simply a focused technique.  A focused physical technique.  You are actually blowing it out with air, not with energy.  I want to see what happens if you try the same technique on an average person.  He/She may only feel some wind.

Edit: Holy crap Arktic you needed Dragon to point that out for you?!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:25:10 pm Central Standard Time by PkMn Trainer » Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2012, 07:27:32 pm Central Standard Time »

ok then help me with this for both me and you.

You set up the test for me and you control the variables and I will set it up here and film it.

You could also film it as well and try to do it as you need more people involved so you can be in and film it.

So let me know what you want me to do and don't make it impossible because i am not psychic and cannot reach my chi accross rooms or further than 3 to 6 inches from my palm because my extension from palm isn't that powerful and I don't want to utilize the wind.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:30:43 pm Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2012, 07:33:28 pm Central Standard Time »

Like I said on fb, what this chi really is is deep concentration that allows for precise control of your body.  The defined movement you make is able to snuff out the candle.

If chi is spiritual, then you could snuff out a candle that is behind a sheet of paper.  A thin wall couldn't possibly keep you from expunging the flame.

But because it does, it shows that blowing out the candle is simply a focused technique.  A focused physical technique.  You are actually blowing it out with air, not with energy.  I want to see what happens if you try the same technique on an average person.  He/She may only feel some wind.

Edit: Holy crap Arktic you needed Dragon to point that out for you?!

But you didn't do that.  There was no barrier.  You did not eliminate the variable of your movement.  And if you can't do it without a physical movement then it was the physical movement that caused the reaction, not your chi.  And unless you prove otherwise, by removing that varible, your experiment is faulty and your hypothosis is invalid.

Quoted the wrong person.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:51:31 pm Central Standard Time by Dragon in the Shadows » Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2012, 07:38:08 pm Central Standard Time »

Tainer posted at the same time i was.

Trainer can you send particles throw a solid object???

The chi is a tangible force that you focus mentally but you physically move it through your limbs.

It probably won't go through paper unless i touch the paper. Just because someone can utilize chi to an extent doesn't mean they can use psychic abilities to send energy through solid matter like paper. Ai don't know if i'm strong enough.

And it doesn't prove that it was wind or not because you introduce paper.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2012, 07:41:32 pm Central Standard Time »

what if i keep my hand still?

I can show you a video where i do the motion and it doesn't put the flame out but when i start to add chi it does put the flame out.

Or i could just show you the same motion over and over not putting the flame because it wasn't the wind at all and the wind will always be there anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2012, 07:47:19 pm Central Standard Time »

Trainer can you send particles throw a solid object???

Actually yes, particles can move through solid objects.

what if i keep my hand still?

I can show you a video where i do the motion and it doesn't put the flame out but when i start to add chi it does put the flame out.

Or i could just show you the same motion over and over not putting the flame because it wasn't the wind at all and the wind will always be there anyway.

Make a plastic tube that is open to one side, when you document the experiment that side will face the camera.  Attach another piece of plastic to the the top and make sure all the seems are completely sealed.  The air to sustain the flame will enter the back, but movement from your side will not effect the results.  Actually I'm surprized you didn't come to that conclusion yourself before you posted the video.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2012, 08:26:07 pm Central Standard Time »

Chi is not tangible.  Therefore it has no electron flow.  It is actually strong control over your body, and this focus is called chi.  And energy can pass through solid objects.  A thin sheet of paper should be no challenge for your chi.  The paper is there to block any wind of course.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2012, 08:32:36 pm Central Standard Time »

Hence my proposed revisions to the experiment.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2012, 09:11:37 pm Central Standard Time »

Head was still hurting a bit so I didn't bother to read.   Got it now.  I was thinking about covering the side that faces his hand, plus the top of the candle to make sure air doesn't come in from there either.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2012, 11:38:45 pm Central Standard Time »

Trainer how can you just invent your own definition of chi and how it works? You don't even believe in it as its actual form. Your description of chi is completely fabricated. You obviously don't know anything at all about actual chi Trainer.

And no you cannot send your particles through a sheet of paper. Can you phase your finger tip through a sheet of paper? NO! Wind is made of particles so why wouldn't the wind go through the paper to put the flame out???

And how do you figure I put the candle out with wind? My hand didn't move very far. It was like a 2 inch adjustment forward from its rested position and it was moving too slow to create such a draft.

Ok Dits draw it out or something cause the visual isn't coming through.
Like I have plastic tubes laying around.

Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2012, 02:38:26 am Central Standard Time »

The only energy your body can transmit is body heat.  Anything with an electron flow has to have a physical form.  Chi meets neither points.

There are particles that can pass through solids.
Light shines through paper.

The paper idea was to keep the wind from getting to the flame.

The airflow took out the flame.

I'm pretty sure this is what Dragon is suggesting.  Imagine this:

There is a glass cup placed upside down on a table.  It is cut in half, and one half is removed.  However, the other half still stands (like it is superglued).  The candle is then placed within this half of the glass, and lit.  The glass acts as a barrier to block wind from the front or the top.  Since the back is open, there is still air from the room to feed the flame.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2012, 05:09:07 am Central Standard Time »

Yup, that is what I'm suggesting.  As for Arktic's persistant claim that particles can't move through matter: Neutrinos.  Neutrinos can pass through matter and rarely effect said matter.  And yes, they have been studied and are well documented.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2012, 03:43:12 pm Central Standard Time »

It doesn't matter you cannot put flames out with neutrinos ok geeze.

I will do some tests and see what I come up with.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2012, 03:46:05 pm Central Standard Time »

boy how bout them kindles huh!?

I am downloading marvel comics onto my pad. Super cool.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2012, 03:47:43 pm Central Standard Time »

It doesn't matter you cannot put flames out with neutrinos ok geeze.

I will do some tests and see what I come up with.

Just pointing out some particles can pass through matter.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2012, 03:57:07 pm Central Standard Time »

it wasn't important tho.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2012, 04:27:41 pm Central Standard Time »

boy how bout them kindles huh!?

I am downloading marvel comics onto my pad. Super cool.

You have an iPad 2?
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2