Dark World Society
April 19, 2024, 10:04:31 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A Prison of Fantasy (this is an offshoot of my comic,...)

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Prison of Fantasy (this is an offshoot of my comic,...)  (Read 384 times)
BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 03:03:38 pm Central Standard Time »

You always leave us hanging.
It's what good writers do with their work ^^, new chapter could be up this weekend, ideally.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 04:02:54 pm Central Standard Time »

Alright. 
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 05:19:53 pm Central Standard Time »

Alright. 
What? was it a bad place to end the chapter? I thought that was better than ending mid fight with Raine getting pummeled by Sakagi. and TBH I'd been stuck writing that chapter so long I was in need of a tidy way to end such a bloody chapter( as the tone of the story is not one of that level of violence).
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 05:28:41 pm Central Standard Time »

I was rolling my eyes and your over confidence. But I do agree that it is good to leave that cliffhanger there.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 08:31:25 pm Central Standard Time »

I was rolling my eyes and your over confidence. But I do agree that it is good to leave that cliffhanger there.
IT's true though, thats what good writers do. JK rowling, stephen king and tolken all do/ have done it. That actually was more a fact and less me saying my skills are good.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:53 pm Central Standard Time »

Thus the last part of my post.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 04:49:15 pm Central Standard Time »

(long time since I got round to this, been writing it constantly, just haven't had time to revise it and post.)

Chapter eight: rehabilitation and new concepts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"How is she doing today Mr McCoy?" quipped Sonya.  

It has been a long 6 days since arriving back at the institute from the trip to find her brother. All they found was this girl, but she had a lot of secrets to tell. She not only understood Yoh's abilities and how they worked, but she could use them fluidly in battle. She also had strangely similar scar patterns covering her body where Sonya knew her only her bother could have. "...No one would be able to exactly duplicate the results of a 60 MPH head on collision with a trailer truck full of steel.....They'd most certanily die from the event, as he should have." She thought.

It could be no accident that this girl shared the same markings, same hair color, fighting stlye and spirit her brother did. something was off with this "Raine" but she could not put her finger on it...

"Not much change to speak off Miss Sonya. Her injuries have almost completely healed, in all areas of her body, but she has not regained consciousnesses as of yet." Stated the Blue, furry man in a lab coat before her.

"I see, well please notify me as soon as she wakes. I feel a bit guilty for arguing with her for so long before she remembered her friend...if she hadn't shared words with me..." the mechanical voice trailed off.

"..I know of your mother, Sonya, so I know for a fact you knew that man was not going to survive the moment we all laid eyes on him when we went to stop this girl from her rampage. The couple of minutes you two girls spoke would not have changed that in the slightest.IT was not your fault." Hank Said as he put a big paw-like hand on the shoulder of the girl before him, she was noticeably shaking and fighting back tears.

"It's both surprising and welcoming really..." he said to her as she dried her tears and typed out a response"..What is?"

"It's both surprising and welcoming ..That someone so logical and calculating has such a big heart. You are very kind Sonya, and don't let that ever change. IT will steer you through the low points in your life."

"Thanks Hank." she said with a small smile.

In the few days she had spent back at the lab, she had spent a lot of time with Mr. McCoy. Tinkering with Security issues for the institute, and troubleshooting bugs in their on site mainframe. The system was solidly built, but becoming a tad out of date and slow. When Professor Xavier said he could make use of her skill set, he was not kidding.It worked well for her though, as she needed to keep her mind on something else. Every time she thought of Yoh she began to cry.If not for her Missing Brother, she would be in full fledged nerdy heaven. Living it up and sharing lunch with the legendary "X-men" while getting to work on gadgetry and technology that she only read theory on in some of her hacker connection chat sites. This place made her feel like she "fit in" and was not the least bit abrasive to her intellect. She wondered if this is what it felt like not to be "different".

"Something on your mind, besides the mainframe glitches in the automated entries settings?" Said Hank with a grin. Sonya has zoned out in thought.

"..No I-just, was thinking about something stupid." she fumbled into his mind.

"Pondered thoughts are never "something stupid", what is bothering you Sonya?"

"It's nothing, actually. That's what's bothering me. I'm so brainwashed into thinking there is either something "wrong with me" or I am somehow "worse off" than others because of what I do or do not have compared to the average person that living at this place has me crawling out of my skin looking for ways I "don't belong". As strange as it probably sounds, I've learned to find comfort in being "one not of the crowd". she stated from her device.

"Like I said, it's something stupid, right?"

Hank just stared back at her quizzically for a moment, thinking about the young minds quandry." I would not say questioning one's existence or purpose in life is "something stupid". Everyone, not only here but everywhere, does think of those things once and a while. I had that same feeling when I was 20 something and was part of NASA's research and dev-"

He was cut off by a ear-piercing scream of pain from the other room."Raine!" they both exclaimed.

Dashing into the other room they saw quite the sight. The Blonde girl had not only awoken, but she had gotten out of her bed before alarms started to trigger. She made it several steps before her body had given out at the legs and crashed head first into a desk. She was rolling about in her hospital gown, swearing and ranting "****ing sharp corners, god-dangit that REALLY ****ing hurt!JEASUS-F-"

"Ahem" hank cleared his throat, part way turned away so as not to look in the mostly visible girls direction.

" I See-er...hear your awake. Welcome to Charles Xavier's institute for the gifted. Sonya will help you back to your bed."

"What, why am I..." she fumbled out behind her bangs

"...WAIT, SONYA, who is SONYA?" she looked about only seeing that same red-haired Indian girl she remembered before.

"Yo" came out of the device as Sonya waved her hand in the girls direction.The blonde girl staggered to her feet and leaned on the table she swore at moments ago.

"I REMEMBER YOU!" She said with excitement.

"...Okay, that's good I guess, since it means that little bump didn't give you memory loss." said the device as the girl walked to help the blond girl back to her Bed.

"wha-, no not like that, I meant I remember you from before I couldn't!"

"Come again?" Said Hank now regaining his composure as Sonya gave him the okay to turn his head back to the girl now sitting in her bed.

"I dunno how or why, but I can't remember anythang before a month ago. My only memory was of you." she said to the girl beside her with a grin.

"eh?" came out of her device, her face now covered in a befuddled frown.

"Don't ya remember me?" she ask, now very serious suddenly.

Sonya just shrugged and put her hands in the air. She hadn't the damnedest clue as to who this girl was besides someone who might know here her brother is.

"How exactly do you remember Miss Sonya" asked hank. now stepping into the room.

"Well I-HOLY ****, WHAT THE **** ARE YOU!!!???" Raine said now realizing the man's voice she heard was coming from the large blue-furred thing before her. She scurried away from him as he stepped close.

"Hey, HEY" she heard in her head, turning to Sonya.

"He's okay, his name is Hank and he is not going to hurt you. He is a friend." Raine heard in her mind.

"But he's like have gorilla or somethin' why's he like that?!?" she asked now more calm due to Sonya's hand on her hand.

" You're one to talk Miss Raine...I may look like a great ape, but you have the tail of a howler monkey...." Hank scoffed. You could tell he was used to this reaction but still didn't like it.

" I ain't got no tail. don't you think I'd notice-" she grabbed at her backside.

"what the ****!" from her spine, before her buttocks started protruded a large 2 inch thick mass, it coiled around her twice comfortably latching itself onto the base of itself at it's tip. It was covered in red fur.As Raine panicked, Sonya notice that the tail gripped tighter.

"Raine, RAINE, calm down" she said psionically into the panicking girls mind.

"-but I-I have a tail tho', that's random as all get out, righ'?" she said in a fearful tone. Her thick Western accent bringing even more emotion to her worry.

" So?" Sonya said once more into Raine's mind, this time looking her in the eyes.  "He's blue with fur and claws and I'm speaking to you with my mind, how weird can a tail be?" She replied. This time Raine noticed Sonya's lips did not move once.

"How-how can ya do that? That's impossible right?" she said, now visibly confused and looking less and less panicked, but more and more "away" from herself.

"You Have a tail, now tell me what's really "impossible"." Projected Sonya, now smiling.

"...Good point" Replied Raine now biting her thumbnail trying to think of an explanation for that. She remembered not having one during the fight, and for as long as she could remember while she was with Tetesuo.

"forgive me if I startled you..I just assumed you had realized this is how I look already" Said Hank as he reached a had outward to Raine across the bed.

"I am Hank McCoy and I am a mutant, like Sonya and yourself. You are safe here at the institute."Raine took the hand and shook it without even really paying attention. This was a lot to process with a headache.

" Um, Mr...Uh Hank, Can I call ya Hank? Can I get some aspirin or somethin'? My head still hurts somthin' feirce from that dang table corner."  she said with her head in her free hand as she looked at the tail now uncoiling around her and laying out in front of her from behind the seam of the hospital gown.

"Certainly, and yes you can call me Hank. Sonya, just keep an eye on here. I'll go get some aspirin and be right back." the Red-haired girl nodded and turned her own head to look at the tail.

"It matches my hair color...that's cool." she projected as she draped her ponytail across the furry appendage for Raine to see.

"Cut that out, it tickles!" replied Raine, now giggling.

"Sorry, I'm still new to this "mutant thing" too. Even Hank's appearance catches me off guard sometimes." she tapped out on her wrist guard.

"Oh, so that's how you were speakin' over the stereo back then. Cool way to talk." Said Raine, now visibly distracted, rolling into a kneeling stance and leaning in to look at the device. Her tail now flickering and waving in the air.

As she was doing this Sonya could not help but see clear down Raine's hospital dress. The girls breasts hanging freely down covering the view any further. she began to blush and repeat i her own mind " keep thought to my self, keep thoughts to my self..."

"..It's my only way to "talk". See I am mute, it means I can't speak. That's why I use this." she said shifting her yes back to the Blonde girls face, still blushing at the sight before her. As Raine made to reply she realized the view Sonya had.

"Crap, sorry Sonya, I just got all excited by your do-flicky that I kinda forgot I'm not wearin' much... Why can't ya speak?" She said now fiddling with her gown as she sat back now covering her butt and fixing the "easy view" to her chest.

" It's okay- I didn't mean to look either, I just kinda saw 'em without noticing I was looking. As for my lack of speech, it's a long story, but enough of that. You said you remembered me, remembered me how exactly?" The girl's device replied. Her curiosity building by the moment. She had so many questions to ask this girl.

"Oh, uuh...It's kind of hard to...explain.." Said Raine now shifting her eyes and blushing.

" Spit it out already, were alone it's not like anyone will hear what you say. And I wont speak a word of it." Winked Sonya as she tried to reassure the girl before her. It was bugging her that she did not remember this person but they remembered her.

" I-I dun think I should, not out loud anyway. it's kinda, um...private?" she said as she averted her eyes blushing more.

"Damn it, tell me how you know me" the device chirped, it's owner now visibly frustrated.

"Come 'ere, I'll whisper it to ya.A ain't saying it aloud." Raine said as she motioned the girl onto the bed beside her.

"Fine" rang Sonya's voice through the girls mind. She hopped onto the edge of the bed and leaned in to hear what Raine had to tell her.

As Raine leaned in she looked the red-haired girl over. She noticed she had a small cluster of freckles across the bridge of her nose and under her eyes. but besides that her complexion was a spotless rich bronze. And her vibrant green eyes seemed to go on for ever.

"..Well?" Rang the familiar voice once more in her mind.

As she leaned in to whisper, Sonya could barely make out. "I......Us....gether...ottu...ssin'n...ing"

"What?" she projected into Raine's mind again

"Louder?"

"I...meme....us together..hottu..kissin'n...cking"

"WHAT?" rang the voice louder in Raine's mind.

"DANGIT, I SAID "I REMEMBER US TOGETHER IN A HOTTUB, KISSIN'AND ****ING". hollered the blonde girl, now visibly annoyed at her friends lack of hearing.

*kchk*both girls look over to the doorway, blushing the deepest red and wide-eyed.

"Did, I come in at a bad...time?" Asked hank with a look of total confusion on his face. Overhearing what he did he had dropped the bottle of aspirin he went to fetch.

"Hank....what DID you hear..." Sonya's machine chirped as her fingers went to life while her face stayed motionless. Rained turned away from the door and covered herself under the bedsheets. She felt totally embarrassed.

"How could I be so stupid to blurt tha' out like that...." She thought.

"I think it's best if I assume Miss Raine had a really...interesting.... dream while unconscious." Said the blue-furred man, still visibly flabbergasted.

"Until Raine sorts out her memory, please say nothing of this, not even to the professor. I think you can understand why she, and I, want this to remain a secret until we figure out Raine's memory issues." Sonya projected, shaking off her stunned gaze and trying to return to her regular self.

"I understand, and will treat it as if nothing was said. Er, anyway here is that aspirin you asked for Miss Raine." hank said now picking up the bottle.

"just....just give me the bottle and please leave. I think my headache's gettin' worse" she mumbled from under the sheets.

As Sonya went to go grab the pill bottle, Raine thought of painless ways to end her life. She felt so stupid for blurting something that random out that she cant even fully recall.

"here" said a voice in her head as a hand holding an aspirin and a glass of water slid under the covers. She greedily took the pair and downed one after the other.

"I feel awfully dumb now....maybe I am a slow hick after all." she mumbled, her head shaking and her arms crossed over her shins.

"You spoke your mind, and how ever "eventful" the memory you have of us is, if you do in fact remember this, then it as to at least hold some truth to it. So don't feel ashamed of it." Sonya said, now looking back at her friends face.

Raine's eye-sockets were riddled with scar lines and looked as if someone tried to stitch the loose ends of used skin graphs over her eyeballs to form lids and skin over the bones. That image had her oddly puzzled and much more curious about the girl before her.

"Thanks, but I still made us both look foolish. I feel like an idgit...." she said as she smiled meekly back at the crimson haired girl."Don't sweat it, Hank will keep his word, I trust him of that much." she said as she put her arm around the blonde girl's shoulder.

"Um, weird question" she stated, staring at Raine again.

"Shoot, it can't be weirder than what I just said." she replied jokingly"Can you move that thing or does it move on it's own?" The Indian girl quipped as she pointed to the furry tail once again uncoiled from Raine, this time it was trailing off the bed to the floor.

"Okay, yer right, that is a weird question." she laughed.

"I dunno how to move it even if I can."

"dumber suggestion.." chirped the device."...but maybe if you try to move your butt it will move too?"

"Hell, that sounds stupid enough to work." said Raine as she stood up. She moved to the side of the bed and stared back at her own ass. The gown covered her, but it would not if her tail wagged."I see a "wardrobe malfunction" in my near future" she replied raising her hands to make quotation marks with her fingers in a comical fashion.

"Here, I can fix that." replied Sonya as she strode over to the girl's backside.

" Just bear with me here, and stay still." she projected as she pulled out a pocket knife from her pants.

"Be careful! I just learned I had this thing, I wanna use it before I lose it!" chirped Raine as she watched the knife move towards her ass.

*prrp* the small knife slid in and out of the cloth as if it was butter. "Try that, put your tail through the hole."

As Raine turned around and fiddled with getting her tail to slide into the tear in the fabric, Sonya could not help but giggle to her self at how childish Raine sounded arguing with her tail. Desperately trying to navigate it into the tear with out hurting herself.

"..you dang son of a...get in there!THERE"she said proudly turning about to show the 3 foot long furry rope hanging out of where her butt crack seemed to silhouette.

"Try moving your butt left or right, maybe that will work?" She typed as she pondered how to move the furry appendage.

" I'll try that." replied Raine as she began to swing her behind back and forth in an odd rhythm. Seeing this caused Sonya to start buckling and holding her ribs.

Raine looked back and asked "what, what is it?!" and heard in her mind.

"BaWHAHAHAH"

"Are you-are you laughin' at me!" spat the blonde, now getting annoyed.

"It's just, it's just it looks like your trying to take a poop, but it's stuck! HAHAHAHA!" bellowed the voice in Raine's mine, still laughing all the way.

"Well SCREW YOU!" she snorted and made to hop back into the bed, tripping forward and yelling "****!" before Sonya could catch her.

As Raine opened her eyes, she seen the ground about a half foot in front of her ad her hands in front of her face.

"good catch, girl." she said to Sonya, only to hear.

"I'm not holding on to you, you caught your self." in her mind. She looked down and back under her to see her tail, had coiled into a spring-shape and was buttressing her from falling while her knees were steadying her on the floor.

"That thing is like a tri-pod. It'll probably come in handy for a klutz like you." Sonya projected into Raine's mind with a chuckle.

"Go **** yerself, I'm lucky I didn't bash my head in again. lucky I thought of stopping myself-...SO THATS HOW IT WORKS!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Charles, Are you there?" buzzed the intercom in a familiar voice.

"Yes I am Hank, any news on our young friend?" quipped the man at the desk in the corner office. His view was surrounded in book cases and ornate Victorian design.

"Actually yes, Raine is awake and seems fine, just a little unsure of her self."

"What do you mean, exactly?"

"Apparently...." remarked Hank, in his most informative tone.

"...before we met her, Raine was apparently already suffering amnesia for over a month now. She cannot remember her past beyond the 4 weeks she reportedly spent with that man, Tetesuo, and a few hours before meeting him. she supposedly awoke in a industrial building near the port in Tokyo. She was without clothes and awoke to her vast array of scars all over her body."

"Well that is troubling....what does she know of Sonya's younger brother?" replied Charles after a long pause.

"She seems not to know him, but we have not had much time to question her, as she only awoke under an hour ago." replied hank's voice over the intercom.

"..I see, well when she feels up to it tell her to come and see me, I think introductions are in order."

"Alright Charles, I will give her the message...oh, and it might be best to explain the institute and it's members in detail, as she seems to be surprised easily by our mutations."

"It would only be rational for someone not aware of any of us who are mutants to startle easily seeing someone such as your self Hank, or realizing Sonya's abilities." replied Charles." I will keep your words in mind when greeting her though."

With that the intercom buzzing ceased and Charles was left alone and silent in his office. He paused and relaxed deeper into his chair, turning the wheelchair to view the window. The skies were full of clouds and the winds about the Xavier grounds were blowing about, but it was a calm and sunny day. His mind was a vast contrast from the blue skies and sunny view from his office window. This trip to Tokyo had left him with more questions than answers about the disappearance of Komori. Something was off, and Charles could not put his finger on what it was.

As he pondered this predicament, he looked over to the far corner of his office, where a faded picture in a small frame showed 3 young men and a girl smiling and laughing."I hope this has nothing to do with you Erik..." said the man as he returned to writing his lectures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"what do you mean "that's how it works"?" replied the wrist guard. Sonya's face full of confusion.

"If I think it, the tail will do it. Tha's how it works!" stated Raine as she lifted her self up to a stand.

"Okay, if that's the case, grab that pill bottle." projected Sonya. She watched as the blonde girl looked over her shoulder at the bottle and seen the tail spring to life, it raised forwards toward the desk and and lifted higher until it was level with the desk. The tail moved around the bottle, Raine's face strained wincing, her tail wrapped round the bottle then crushed it like a peanut, sending pills and plastic into the air.

"yeesh..." fumbled Sonya's voice into Raine's mind. "..remind me not to let you hold my hand with that thing.."

"That's hard to do," said Raine scratching her head and dusting herself off from the aspirin dust that was raining down from above. She picked plastic off her gown and out of her hair. "One minute I could control it but the next it's like I went from lifting 50 pounds, to liftin' 1 "

"so, your grip suddenly tightened abruptly?"

"yeah, that's a good way of puttin' it."  

"Odd, Maybe your still not at 100 percent? would you care to rest a little?"

"Nah, I feel fine, just I dunno, maybe I flinched er somethin'..."

"So you are sure you feel alright to get up and meet the professor? He'll have a few questions for you. He's friendly enough though" she projects with a smile.

"Professor, Why do I have to meet this man? Does he know who I am or somethin," replied Raine as she continued to pick the odd plastic bit or aspirin chunk out of her hair.

"Who knows, but he's not any harm to you and he'll definitely try to help you, if you let him," smiles Sonya to the blonde girl, it fades fast.

"Somethin' the matter Sonny?"those words hit the crimson haired girl like bullets.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Something the matter, Sonny?"

"what, oh, nothing Yoh, just this pre-cal homework."

"Math is never this troubling for you, never has been."

"Your point?"

"Out of respect for your privacy I never hold on to your hand when I think your trying to hid something from me, but that doesn't mean I can't tell if you are lying to me or not without doing that. There is something on your mind, and it's got to be serious if you are struggling with math, or have to resort to making such a poor excuse for a lie, do doesn't it?" says the boy grinning his toothy grin. His blonde hair waving to and fro in the air from the window.

"You, calling me a liar, isn't that your strong suit?"

"Ha, true enough, I am a good liar, but who has always told mom and dad about how I didn't get my bumps and scars?" he smiled wider still eyebrows furrowed and askew. "It wasn't me, I'm a liar, remember?"the Red head was speechless. his words were hitting home like nails into a coffin.

"So, what would I have to lie about? I tell you everything..."

"Oh not everything, but most things. I didn't know about when you first-"

"-WHY WOULD I TELL YOU THAT YOU SICK TWIT."

"I was going to say when you first kissed a guy. You also didn't tell me when dad was in a car crash. Or when mom was mad at me for beating that guy's kid she knew up."the rant was beginning to make sense to her.

"I-I didn't tell you about dad, cause he was fine, and I couldn't tell you about mom, cause she thought you did it to protect me-"

"-But I did do it to protect you, that slime ball would have had you beaten purple or...or worse..So why couldn't you tell me?"

"I-I...didn't, didn't think to...It didn't matter, did it!?" her fingers fumbled. She may have been taller, but she felt 3 feet tall to his ten when his voice picked up like that.

"It mattered to me!Your mom's all I got!Your dad too, I've got no mom or dad!Let me tell you it's worse being scolded by your parents than it ever was being scolded by mine! My parents....my parents never had a choice in me, nor I them, but your parents...you..you chose me!" crimson streaks fall beneath his sunglasses, his wounds are not physical, they are of the soul, these are his tears. He stands up stomping around shaking with anger.

"I never meant to hurt you. You are my brother you are FAMILY!I love you like I love mom and dad!" the device shouted back against man's anger.

"Why would you let me feel that pain without knowing why! you know that kind of thing hurts me more than any injury I could ever get in a fight....that's why I've let my self step into every fist intended for you or meant to harm YOU." streaks flow down his face and he slumped back into the been bag chair, head in his hands rubbing away the evidence of his sadness.

"I'm I'm sorry....I should have told you. you've always been honest with me, and I should have been to you as well. all you've got is people's honesty,"

"..cause I can't see them lyin' to my face." his strange accent sparks up through his hoarse choked-up voice. "I'm sorry I yelled Sonya, can you forgive me?"

"Of course I can Yoh, can you forgive me?"

"Yes I can....can you tell me what's on your mind, or is it something I shouldn't know?"

"I've just been worried about you. your grades are slipping and I've been told your falling asleep in history class. You have me worried Yoh."

"Everyone falls asleep in history class once. Why do I have you worried Sonny?"

"....Sonny..."
"Sonny, you alright?" replied a familiar, yet different voice. She looked around, she wasn't in her room at home, she was back in the recovery room in the basement of the Xavier institute.

"S-sonny, you okay, ya kinda zoned out there fer a sec, and yer cryin'...," stated Raine, who was now sitting with her arm across Sonya's shoulder.

"..what,oh I..," projected into Raine's mind as she wiped her tears.

"Did I say somethin'?If I offended ya I'm sorry."
The thick western accent deep with regret.

"..No, no, no...it's not you, I was just remembering something I said to my brother not too long before he disappeared."

"You miss him , dont'cha? You two we're close?"

"Yes, we were. We found each other, we weren't born brother and sister. "I picked him", he used to say...cause We needed each other. He needed someone to watch out for him, and I needed someone to speak up for me....," projected the voice now far fainter into Raine's mind.

"why'd he need you? I'm guessin' you needed him cause ya didn't always have that thing on yer wrist, but what did you give him that made him whole?"

"...He is blind, and used my eyes for us both. I can't speak, so he did the talking for us both."

"Oh, yeah tha'd make a lotta sense.."

"We were both smart, but people liked to try and use me, for my brains, when I was younger...and Yoh always stepped in front of people and safeguarded me from harm or abuse like that," said Sonya, folding her arms around herself. She was beginning to shake

"How'd he do that, if he was blind and about yer age?"

"Yoh has a gift, he can see with sound. It's called echolocation. It's very rare for humans to have this ability, even for blind people. A human heartbeat is like a slow-motion video to him, each heartbeat that happens shows him every inside surface of the human body. He could use this ability to determine where or how someone was going to throw a punch or a kick before they completed the attack."

"Wow, that's amazin'!So he could like avoid bein'hit? but even still, he'd only be little then right," stated the blonde haired girl, now giddy with excitement.

The sight made Sonya smile. "she's like a little kid...," she thought."Well, before he was blinded in a car crash, he was a martial arts prodigy, and even after he recovered from the crash that didn't change. He had the technique and skills to overpower people our age at age 7, so even a 300 pound man would be not too difficult for someone as maverick and well versed in combat as him."

"Cool, so he was like a "blind guardian" to you, like the song?"

"yeah, wait! You know that song?"

"It's like the only thing I remembered from before I couldn't remember. Tetesuo said I hum the melody or mumble the lyrics in my sleep sometimes....he had to look up the lyrics on shazam or somethin' to find out the name." Her own words turned Raine's smiling face to that of depression. She hadn't even thought of him since waking, nor had she paid respect to her friend who had died.

"Do you want to visit his grave, we buried him here because he seemed important to you," Raine barely had time to register the words before she nodded and began crying. to both girl's surprise however, clear water didn't flow from her eyes. Crimson streaks rolled gently down Raine's face and hit her gown, shocking her out of her depression.

"I'm bleeding?!"

"...oh, my god..."

"Sonya, I'm bleedin' from my eyes, is by brain leakin' our of my head or am I gonna die!!!," panicked blond girl now frantic and trying to rub the red drops away.

"Raine, RAINE. Stop moving, okay," Replied the red-head now dead serious.

"whatisit, whatisit, why am I bleedin!!!"

"You're not bleeding....." projected the Red-head's voice into Raine's mind."You're crying, but the scaring around your eyes seems to have penetrated to your tear ducts, so a very small portion of blood from your body is being siphoned off into your tear ducts, and as a result you cry blood now..."

"THEN WHY ARE YA SO SPOOKED!"

"Cause my brother cries blood, for just that same reason, cause he has those same scars on his face.....Everything about you is like him and I DON'T KNOW WHY!"
"Xavier, may I come in?" The African accent soared in to Charles ears like a golden eagle.

"Aurora, why yes come in. What do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
coming soon:
Chapter nine: rehabilitation and new concepts 2
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:11:01 pm Central Standard Time by BigStinkinApe » Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 09:30:19 pm Central Daylight Time »

Small update: This isn't dead, just on ice until I can get time to write, the past 3 months have been hectic as ****, and this one will be no different. Unless I catch a lucky break in the next few days, expect to see this started again in april.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 12:35:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

At least this will always be here. Unless Trainer deletes it. 
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 01:05:30 pm Central Daylight Time »

At least this will always be here. Unless Trainer deletes it. 
better **** not, it's only saved here!
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2014, 10:05:49 pm Central Standard Time »

Hey yall, its me, Raine(not Yoh). I'm here to tell ya thatDawson Says he's gonna be tellin' you more of my(not yoh's) story. Apparently, his computer when kaplooey or somethin' a while back and that's why he hasn't bee'n talkin' about me much.(my god, he's just like Sonny, friggin' techies...).
He says he keeps starin' at that time stamp and dreading march 12 2014. He didn't wanna leave me alone for a whole year, but I dun believe a word of it...he's a jerk. won't even say "hi" or talk to me about my **** I need to deal with an' stuff. I was beginnin' to think he forgot all about me, or didn't like me anymore*hmph*

Damnit Raine, quit being such a tsunadre. >.>

YOU SHUT YER HOLE, I WANNA TALK YOU NEVER LET ME TALK ANYMOR-WOAH!*struggle ensues, Dawson pulls Raine's hair whilst getting bit in the arm and grappled in a heap, he twists her nipple and knee's her in the back to shock her away in embarassment*

>..>

...Yeah, I'm planning to bring this back, ideally before 10 days from now I'm gonna post another chapter and maybe even a recap/update. hopefully with more back stories and-PLEASE COME BACK AND WORSHIP YOUR FIGHTIN' SWEARIN' AWESOME GODDESS OF EPICNESS AND BOOYA!~-JESUS RAINE, THATS MY **** EAR, CALM YOUR TITTIES! ><

Yeah, please read this again when I get it going, she's been kinda goin' stir crazy like the voices in my brain(as you can see).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:08:29 pm Central Standard Time by BigStinkinApe » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 3
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1