Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 04:21:07 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Legendary Warmasters

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
3 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary Warmasters  (Read 87 times)
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:10:06 pm Central Daylight Time »

I'm interested in taking on Six Samurai as my second deck option. I'm very new to them so my build is just a prototype and a total work in progress. The deck will change, especially whenever the new Six Samurai structure deck comes out. I like my decks to be fast and aggro so that's my goal. Suggestions and constructive criticism are always welcome. Thank you.  

Monster Cards: 18

3 | Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
3 | Hand of the Six Samurai
3 | Kagemusha of the Six Samurai
3 | The Six Samurai - Zanji
3 | Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
3 | Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki

Spell Cards: 14

3 | Six Samurai United
2 | Shien's Smoke Signal
3 | Mystical Space Typhoon
1 | Gateway of the Six
1 | Reinforcement of the Army
1 | Dark Hole
1 | Book of Moon
1 | Heavy Storm
1 | The Warrior Returning Alive

Trap Cards: 8

3 | Musakani Magatama
2 | Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 | Mirror Force
1 | Torrential Tribute
1 | Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck: WIP

1 | Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
1 | Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
3 | Ally of Justice Catastor
1 | Black Rose Dragon
1 | Colossal Fighter
2 | Stardust Dragon
2 | Number 39: Utopia

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:37:24 am Central Daylight Time by Fever » Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:47:27 pm Central Daylight Time »

Why 2 SLR?  Especially when you have Musakani Magatama available.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:11:42 pm Central Daylight Time »

Why 2 SLR?  Especially when you have Musakani Magatama available.

I suppose but you have to control Six Samurai Monsters for that. I know it's not a hard condition to fulfill but I'm screwed in any situation I hit a Torrential Tribute and have nothing but Traps to rely on during Main Phase 2. Plus, a Stardust Dragon will protect me from odd end destruction.

Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:19:07 pm Central Daylight Time »

Torrential Tribute (and "Trap Hole" cards) activate after a successful Summoning.

Now if you do not control any monsters and Summon a Six Samurai and your opponent Warns the monster, then you cannot use Magatama.  That is because the Summoning would be negated, so the monster is technically never on the field.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Meddling Mage
DARK DUELIST
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +5/-0

DARK KNIGHT of WoR

Third Year Anniversary Windows User Level 5 Combination Thread Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 07:24:47 pm Central Daylight Time »

Um, I got bad news for you Fever.

You can only run 1 Legendary Six Samuari - Shi En.
Report Spam   Logged

LET THERE BE CHAOS
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 07:55:24 pm Central Daylight Time »

Pwnt.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 08:44:38 pm Central Daylight Time »

Um, I got bad news for you Fever.

You can only run 1 Legendary Six Samuari - Shi En.

I know. I already found this out on DN. Just didn't change it yet. Makes sense though. They are so easy to spam.

Torrential Tribute (and "Trap Hole" cards) activate after a successful Summoning.

Now if you do not control any monsters and Summon a Six Samurai and your opponent Warns the monster, then you cannot use Magatama.  That is because the Summoning would be negated, so the monster is technically never on the field.

I understand that. Another reason not to run it but I might test it.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:24:51 pm Central Daylight Time »

"Another reason not to run it?"

Because TT & BTH can only be played after a card is successfully Summoned (legitimately on the field), Magatama negates that ****.  Magatama negates Heavy Storm.  Magatama negates Man-Eater Bug.  I only brought up the Solemn Warning example to show you when Magatama cannot be used.  Starlight Road couldn't help there anyway - only Solemn Judgment could save you (if it's worth it in that situation).
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 09:29:02 pm Central Daylight Time »

Monster Cards: 20

2 | Great Shogun Shien (you likely only need one. so Id drop one for an elder of the six samurai)
3 | Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
1 | Hand of the Six Samurai
3 | Kagemusha of the Six Samurai (I'd cut one for a Shien's squire, not a sam but he works well with them, and adds another level difference for tuning)
1 | The Six Samurai - Nisashi(I'd trade this for a elder of the six samurai. He's liek a mini cyberdragon for them)
1 | The Six Samurai - Yaichi(mained IDK, but sided for sure)
2 | Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi
3 | Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
1 | Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho
3 | Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki(I'd cut 2 of these for Legendary Six Samurai shinai)

Spell Cards: 14

3 | Six Samurai United
2 | Shien's Smoke Signal
2 | Mystical Space Typhoon(debateable, but definately useful)
1 | Gateway of the Six
1 | Cunning of the Six Samurai
1 | Reinforcement of the Army
1 | Dark Hole
1 | Mind Control
1 | Heavy Storm
1 | Reasoning(If'd make this warrior returning alive)

Trap Cards: 6

2 | Starlight Road(I'd make one of these a warning(or bth/CED) and add a 41st card to make a pair of warning(or BTH/CED).
1 | Double-Edged Sword Technique
1 | Mirror Force
1 | Torrential Tribute
1 | Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck: WIP

1 | Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
2 | Stardust Dragon

Bar that it looks good. add colossal fighter, scarred warrior and any naturia synchros (excluding leodrake) you can add to this mix and your off to a real good start.

Add Reinforce truth for a added defensive push card that is a really solid answer to a field swarm in here.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:03:11 pm Central Daylight Time »

Been testing this on DN today. So far, I have a few changes.

@BSA: Shinai is bad IMO. Kageki lets me drop any Level 4 or lower and Special Summon it. It's too specific. And also Kageki and Kagemusha is an easy Shi En or Catastor.

I don't see elder helping me out any. I now main 3 MST. It's great. I'll test The Warrior Returning Alive. Extra Deck has already been built upon with added basic Synchros and XYZ's.

Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 10:13:58 pm Central Daylight Time »

Just in case you didn't catch what I posted above. ^

Because TT & BTH can only be played after a card is successfully Summoned (legitimately on the field), Magatama negates that ****.  Magatama negates Heavy Storm.  Magatama negates Man-Eater Bug.  I only brought up the Solemn Warning example to show you when Magatama cannot be used.  Starlight Road couldn't help there anyway - only Solemn Judgment could save you (if it's worth it in that situation).

Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 10:55:04 pm Central Daylight Time »

Basically you are saying that Magatama will negate everything but Solemn Judgment/Warning.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 11:06:13 pm Central Daylight Time »

Yes.   Good card, no?
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 12:30:01 am Central Daylight Time »

Yeah it's a good card. I just assumed Starlight Road was a tad bit better because of the Stardust Dragon.

I've made a lot of changes to the deck.

Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 07:16:10 am Central Daylight Time »

I spaced on who kageki was thought it was one of the older SS, IDK why, but regardless, you need probably 2 at most of it. I know he is essentially thier maruading captain, but he alone is a s**tty topdeck.

Fair enough on the elders, but I still advise you to test them before you completely brush them aside.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 07:44:09 am Central Daylight Time »

No one needs more than 1 Catastor.  Naturia Beast!
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 12:47:00 pm Central Daylight Time »

I always liked how Shinai and Mizuho work together. A lot of swarm potential there.

Destroy a card and get card in hand.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 03:08:27 pm Central Daylight Time »

I spaced on who kageki was thought it was one of the older SS, IDK why, but regardless, you need probably 2 at most of it. I know he is essentially thier maruading captain, but he alone is a ****ty topdeck.

Fair enough on the elders, but I still advise you to test them before you completely brush them aside.

Maybe. Just a weaker Cyber Dragon isn't appealing since it's, you know. Weak.  Kageki has actually been a ton of help. He's a Smoke Signal target and he helps me pull Level 5 Synchros from nowhere.

No one needs more than 1 Catastor.  Naturia Beast!

Both are fine since Level 5 Synchros are easier to summon here.

I always liked how Shinai and Mizuho work together. A lot of swarm potential there.

Destroy a card and get card in hand.

They are nice when they work but that's not often unless you are running 3 of each. I just don't like that they rely on just each other to get Special Summoned.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:22:47 pm Central Daylight Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 03:24:49 pm Central Daylight Time »

I have tested them at 2 each before virtually at least. and they sem ok at 2.

fixed your post Fever.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 03:54:50 pm Central Daylight Time »

Six Samurai United is so good but I only see one per game usually lol.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 07:58:06 pm Central Daylight Time »

My point is you need greater diversity in your Extra Deck.  At least take out 1 Catastor... you're almost never going to need it more than once in a Duel.  Why wouldn't you include Naturia Beast anyway?  There's no reason not to.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 08:37:50 pm Central Daylight Time »

Deck needs more XYZ's but I don't bother typing them out just because.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3