Dark World Society
March 29, 2024, 07:59:13 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

BOSS/BEAST MODE

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BOSS/BEAST MODE  (Read 128 times)
BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: June 08, 2012, 03:42:11 am Central Daylight Time »

Every duelist has this once and a while. You coudl be facing elimination, or on a real winstreak and that "edge", that "energy" kicks in. IT feels like no matter the situation you can get out of it/ make it through unscathed. It's the YGO version of "killing instinct" or what have you. IF you cognative of it, you can become a better duelist by fully harnesing it or making it last through several duels/ matches. When have you felt this sensation and what was the scenario it happened in?

My most recent one was in a duel for a championship tourney I am in on another site. I was paired vs a maleific deck piloted by someone I knew to be good. I had my shining egg turbo and knew it would be a damn uphill fight to beat the deck, but my deck COULD do it. Game one while I started good swinging for 5500 turn 1, maleific cyber end spealt death or me early on. G2 the feeling started to kick in, I looked at my hand and I had double REDMD and a ravine+ solemn J . After some setup, I ended off turn 1 with ravine REDMD, BEWD and solemn primed for her turn. Her plays were good but I drew all the show stoppers from judgment to bottomless to the crucial mystical space typhoon. Double REDMD became raining death clutching me the win.

Game 3 was the nail-biter. Opened okay, but different formt he last game. I hand to do some setting and set up to get going and eventualy the torture began. after I dropped an early BEWD for trade in, she reborned it and started beating me up with it, so I ahd to kamakazie my exploder dragon to get that out of the way. From there 8-10 turns of us drawing and setting occured and thne she dropped an EEV calling traps  she took everything from me but my REDMDs in hand, and a book of moon+ heavy set. Forcing mirror force, HRO, and hating on every field and field search I saw I end off with 1100 LP to her 3000, I summoned wyvern he warning'd it (at this point I likely **** my self realizing if she coudl summon a fuelsier dragon even at half power via it's no trib effect, I was ****. she knew if I got wyvern off it was game but she knew to keep me off the board too.) I was spared death and onmy turn white stone came, and I summoned it SSing REDMD and SSing out another monster to SS out another REDMD to SS out BEWD to assure game. she had 5 maleifics in hand to my 2 REDMD. I burnt through every spell and trap in deck but I took down the "big guys" with my "little guys".

I had team mates from that site placing bets against me and expecting me not to win, but they bet against the wrong veteran. When it comes down to it I am the master of dragons, so I will not lose to a deck packing them when it counts. From the moment G3 started I "knew" what she had and could "feel" the threats before the occured.  My beast mode is  "threat detection(when winning)/ destiny draw(when I should lose, I have a high game win ratio when under 1000 LP))". What is yours?
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:28 pm Central Daylight Time »

I do the same thing. Especially last week when I went into overtime at locals lol.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:43:25 pm Central Daylight Time »

I have felt something close to this while playing UMvC3 and havi.g matches with the same guy over and over. Like 30 matches and I am up like 18 to 12 because I get in tha zone have some strides. But it will get down to the wire and just a simple combo will kill either of our last characters. And both of us are on our toes maneuvering around tring to get that final hit confirm becore other does! Its just so fvcking hype! th_bloodysmiley.gif
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:46:54 pm Central Daylight Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 03:37:40 pm Central Daylight Time »

yeah, I get that in DBZ games too.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:05:52 pm Central Daylight Time »

Dark World explosion.

Or when I carry my opponent all the way to the wall right at the start of a round in Tekken and I throw down the pressure on them and I get 'em done quick.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1