Dark World Society
March 29, 2024, 01:30:40 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Defensive Sabers

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defensive Sabers  (Read 71 times)
BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:01:06 pm Central Daylight Time »

So I am looking into older archetypes for random deck ideas and tech to carry through to next format. ATM I am kind of digging earth types(no pun intended). Karakuries and sabers are my thing ATM as are my dragons. With sabers I am looking to run the deck well but different from most, as sabers are not doing well/ are not being played the way everyone says to run them. IF they were we would see SOME get close to top. even t32 but were not even seeing that.

Major differences:

pashuul @3. This guy does not go away easily. using pashuul as a meatshield who lasts was used before to top YCS, so why cannot it still work? Having a lasting saber can matter dependign on how you build the deck which leads me to my next card.

Regaigura tech. This guy in a pinch can turn a empty field into a faceroll loop. He also can revive pashuul to again put a everliving defense online when you can`t stand to take some hits. when revived of GEC he can effectively +1 the play and + even more if darksoul or faultroll are involved.

Gardstrike tech. Sabers love to battle, but die. This is fact, to me it only makes sense to capitalize on that, gardestrike is a 2300(that is at least enough to make rabbits worried) and can synch even higher for easy level 8's or establish GEC plays. I personally think sabers runing the traditional emmers+ soul crap should be decking 1-2 of this to give easier access to big summons.

Saber Slash. Card can win games, why people don't play it I dunno. Sure it's tricky to manuvre larger plays before  a backrow triggers, but GEC and boggart plays can usually clear out enough targets for your push to be successful. SLR also cannot take a good swing at it, as you do not know how many cards it will destroy until resolution.

Saber hole. Summons matter in this game, havign more ways to hate on them only makes sense. I am trying this thanks to pashuul. I almost use it like I do champ's vig in dragons packign BEWD.

My extra is in need of help as I want some level 8's on it, and I dunno what other XYZ's to run in it. Sabers need to evolve, and IMO using their solid defense to back and bolster plays is their route to victory. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:29:14 pm Central Daylight Time by BigStinkinApe » Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:42 pm Central Daylight Time »

I like the combination of Pashuuls + Saber Holes.

I thought the same thing about Saber Slash.
o_o'''

How's At One With the Sword workin' for ya?  An interesting card.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
BigStinkinApe

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:37:32 pm Central Daylight Time »

it's horn of the phantom butthurt, but for erryone and anytang! So far so good, 3100 gardstrike is epic, but even a 2100 emmers can come in handy. It needs more testing but it's that or horn of the phantom beast, if I ran that I'd trade FHK's for airbelluims and deck 3 boggard/ a second gardestrike and go less defensive.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:05:31 pm Central Daylight Time »

o: I see.  Interesting... I kinda feel like you oughta have more than 1 Saber out though.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
BigStinkinApe

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 06:52:18 am Central Daylight Time »

I plan to,  but at times when I only have 1 around thanks to a push, then I can still trigger all my fun stuff.

Though TBH I still feel unless I get dark hole'd or such I'm going to have 0 or several sabers.

Did testing, deck's edited!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:29:53 pm Central Daylight Time by BigStinkinApe » Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 10:24:57 pm Central Daylight Time »

I was right!  Kinda.

You need those Days of Peace?
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 08:33:18 am Central Daylight Time »

They give me a draw and provide set up without restricting my SS. I can live without damage for a turn as it protects my set up and if pashuul is on field in def, I don't take 1000 damage in thier standby thanks to peace.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 03:07:14 pm Central Daylight Time »

Oh dang, I was only thinking about Battle Damage.  Interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 03:31:27 pm Central Daylight Time »

Oh dang, I was only thinking about Battle Damage.  Interesting.
Part of what makes me an innovator is I see random things like that. The pashuul thing just won me a game. I was down to 800 and survived 2 turns on 1 day of peace which let me last long enough behind pashuul to convert him lone on field into gardestrike, faultroll, hynulei(to destroy the backrow) and brio(to clear board). Go me and drawing into GEC and troll. XD
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 04:13:17 pm Central Daylight Time »

Part of what makes me an innovator is I see random things like that. The pashuul thing just won me a game. I was down to 800 and survived 2 turns on 1 day of peace which let me last long enough behind pashuul to convert him lone on field into gardestrike, faultroll, hynulei(to destroy the backrow) and brio(to clear board). Go me and drawing into GEC and troll. XD

Mhm, outside the box man.

Nice.   Other guy probably had mixed feelings of astonishment and frustration.
xD
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 11:55:58 am Central Daylight Time »

nah, he just said "f**kin hax sabrs...." I wear it as a badge of honor
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 05:19:03 pm Central Daylight Time »

xD Haha!  Basically like what I said then.  I bet in his mind he was sayin' "Wooooow..." followed by "FFFUHHH!" (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

But more "FFFUHHH!" from that comment.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 04:30:58 pm Central Daylight Time »

xD Haha!  Basically like what I said then.  I bet in his mind he was sayin' "Wooooow..." followed by "FFFUHHH!" (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

But more "FFFUHHH!" from that comment.

Lol. That's a funny face. 
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 09:19:52 am Central Daylight Time »

Yeah, I'd have raged if someone got me that way too

I'm away from my collection currently, since I am away on a house sitting job till august, but I got in a few games yesterday IRL. Some kids near this house I am watching play, but are kind of new at it. They had good cards just didn';t know how best to use them, so I let them build what they liked and I used the "scraps" to build myself a "yugi" deck.

IT was something like this:

2 valkeryion the magna warrior
2 Dark magician
1 Summoned Skull
1 chaos sorceror
1 dark armed dragon
1 dark magician girl
2 alpha
2 beta
2 gamma
1 Breaker
2 summoner monk
1 mask of darkness
2 apprentice magician
1 old vindictiive magician
1 frequency magician

2 soul exchange
1 chain summoning(BOSS,mystical chain book, chain thisSS 3 magna warriors for a bum rush valkeryion is BUSTED, hit it off 2x times)
2 mystical space typhoon
1 book of moon
1 symbols of duty
1 monster reborn
1 enemy controller
1 diffusion-wave motion
1 gold sarcophagus
2 magical dimension
1 dimension explosion
1 ancient rules
1 mystic box

1 mirror force
1 solemn(they hated it cost half....WTf guys, but they learned quick )
2 call of the haunted
1 backup soldier
2 ultimate offering
1 birthright

some randy synchros( tempest magician, gaia, void ogre dragon, leodrake, just odd stuff.)

I also got lucky enough to have a pair of common utpoia thrown at me and a illumknight so I used them too.

IT was a free-for-all of 4 people and we had about 8 matches. 4000 LP each and they all had various hodge podgey decks, but 2 packed maleific cyber end/ rainbow and 1 guy was packing 2x dragon master knight in his extra( now that scared me, as I am not one to be on the recieving end of that card and I had few outs to it.) The first round they figured I'd suck, so thye got rick, rolled by an earily valkeryion play setting up my field for an XYZ play or 2 utpoia+summoned skull+ a free vanilla for symbols is a DAMN strong play for this deck.

Once I pulled off some typical yugi-moves, they realized I was either really lucky, or really pro. So 4x4 became 3x1.....rough go of it but I was able to grind out 2/3 before I dropped below 2000 LP. Well timed mirror force and magical dimension really cleans up problems. The last guy was arguably the best. He had a dragony-heroish deck packing everything from shining flare wingman, to blue eyes ultimate( I have to admit seeing that was nostalgic, as I too tried that route once.) He had the dragon master knights, but only 1 BEUd and BLS ritual to summon the pair of them, so my plans were to wear out THOSE 2 via magical dimensions/ mystic box and such.
He took this game to the next level, he was no pro, but his intuition was sharp as a tack. He saw me building up for a large DMG and and luckily set change of hero-attack reflector ray. bugger pulled a jaden to rump my yugi.....so he killed me but the next round of 3x1 I once again ground out both of the other guys(though they took more work this time) and once again I built up for a monster surge, setting my self up for one final push. I had 13 cards left in my deck and had set my grave up, I had 1 valkeryion in hand and 2/3 magnet warriors in play I was setting up for 1 last utopia and ideally a summoned skull+ symbols push to rob him of his blue-eyes white and finish him off. I just needed a way to finish off his fusion threats.I knew I had 1 card left in deck to pull off a show stopper and end this once and for all, I just needed to get to it. as the duel waged on the 2 others were cheering him on, he had gotten out black luster soldier and I could tell he was just waiting on dragon's mirror to summon dragon master and polish me off in 1 punch. with 6 cards left in deck I dreq my salvation: dimension explosion. this would be my game winner, DAd had pushed out 1 dark magician and several other darks(summon monk, DMG and masked of dark) and I knew exactly what I was going to aim for with my set cards and in hand plays. I set dimension explosion and checked my life, I had 3050 left (him 1800). My plan had NO room for error, I could not take any damage from now till the end of the game.
Sure enough, next turn didn't he draw dragon's mirror he dropped the card and pannishe dfor Dragon master knight, to which I tried for magical dimension, tributing my face up, defense breaker to try and summon frequency from my hand, thus destroying DMK...but the crafty bugger, he chained interdimensional matter transporter.....bannishing his dragon till the end of his turn to keep me on the ropes. when he ended the behemoth came back into play and I searched my field for my answers. I tributed frequency for summoned skull, to which he finally activated his trap card: bottomless trap hole! too bad I planned this one out, I was not walking away without a win this time. I flipped my set card from about 15 turns ago, SOLEMN JUDGEMENT!  =]\/ cutting my life down to 1525 stopping his bottomless and saving summoned skull from dying. Now I tributed summoned skull for my quick play from hand, enemy controller taking control of his dragon master knight.
The guys roared and the kid was pale, he asked me not to attack with dragon, so I said "sure!", and I activated dimension explosion from my field! returning his DMK to the deck to summon my Dark magician and dark magician girl! he summoned in 2 of his heros in defense and then I declared that "this was gonna be the big finish" I dropped DIFFUSION WAVE MOTION! dropping to 525 lp and giving dark magician the key to victory, DM pushed away both heros and and DMG swing in for game!

the kids were so amazed my "Crappy deck" kicked so much butt. (so was I frankly @.@) after that I helped them upgrade their decks and rewire their games to get better.

I'm gonna duel them in 3 days time again. They plan on getting a few dragon's collide and buying a few cards from the shop(got the kid to look for manju and king of the swamp for his dragons, along with more copies of ultimate and luster.) when I finish upgrading his deck, it'll almost mirror my own dragon master knight deck. It's kind of refreshing and invigorating too duel using nothing good and havign to think out of every turn and not " summon giant dragon/ lock out monster and ride on cruise control". 
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 02:46:49 pm Central Daylight Time »

Daaaamnn EPIC!!!!!!

That is like.  The most classic Yu-Gi-Oh! sh*t ever man.   Well done.  Too good, too good.  I dare say better than the Pharaoh himself!
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 08:01:08 pm Central Daylight Time »

Daaaamnn EPIC!!!!!!

That is like.  The most classic Yu-Gi-Oh! sh*t ever man.   Well done.  Too good, too good.  I dare say better than the Pharaoh himself!

I think Atem with his shadow magic would out do me in the shows, but IRL that sand-***** is mine!  *massacre*

lol but in all seriousness, I've been compared to yugi/ Atem before, cause I just seem to be a master of the "near death KO" I'll sack you 6 times before you can cleave the last 6 LP I have from my life, fgiven the chances.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2