Dark World Society
April 19, 2024, 03:50:11 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Personal Favourite

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Favourite  (Read 68 times)
Dreaming Demon
Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +1/-0

Badges: (View All)
10 Posts The Choice Is Theirs Thread Starter First Post!
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:38:26 am Central Daylight Time »

This deck won a small tournament in Japan not too long ago, where Dark World is much more successful than what I think it is in the English game, and this deck is a personal favourite of mine. I run something similar to this (not copied) myself now. I'm going to edit some of this to make is more accessible to the TCG players, since that's what I gather most people here are.

Monster (18)
1x Morphing Jar
3x Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
3x Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
2x Tour Guide from the Underworld
1x Dark Armed Dragon
3x Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
2x Malefic Cyber End Dragon
3x Malefic Stardust Dragon

Spell (19)

3x Advance Draw
3x Dark World Dealings
1x Monster Reborn
1x Card Destruction
3x Trade-In
3x Upstart Goblin
1x Heavy Storm
1x Allure of Darkness
3x The Gates of Dark World

Trap (3)

3x Eradicator Epidemic Virus

Side

1x Dark Hole
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Deck Devastation Virus
3x Skill Drain
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
2x Dark Illusion

For those of you who are familiar with this deck (if there are any), you will notice that I changed certain cards. The reason for this is that Stygian Street Patrol was not actually necessary for the proper functioning of this deck and I had the feeling that most players here would have recommended adding Tour Guide. I don't think Tour Guide in 3 is necessary though, but is certainly viable. However to include 3 I might have had to change more things about the deck, which is not the point of this post. Also, it would be worth removing 1 Advance Draw and shifting a Deck Devastation Virus into the main deck depending on circumstance and preference. And another personal favourite change to the deck is to add to the side-deck either Return from the Different Dimension or Necroface, with the downside that Necroface should really be used toward the end of the game and is often not too effective during the early parts of the game.

One more note, I am aware that often TCG uses very few viruses and does not commonly use Eradicator Epidemic Virus (I don't know why). This deck has no trouble with running 3. One of the ideas behind the very high draw power of the deck is to start using viruses as quickly as possible (which also removes the need/preference for Foolish Burial), use Grapha/Malefics as tributes (particularly when Malefics would be destroyed by effects) and then remove spells or traps, and then turn the game into a giant punch-up, at which point this deck obviously has a massive advantage. Also, 3 Eradicator Epidemics give it an advantage against other Dark World decks.

Anyway, coming back to the point - this deck is my personal favourite Dark World deck.

Feel free to comment or something below.

Report Spam   Logged
BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 06:28:24 am Central Daylight Time »

Is 3 Maleific stardust better than maleific cyber end? I see it's field protector role, but being only 2500 ATK would be a liability for that monster (I would think).

How has advance draw been treating you? On the hole that card defies the logic of good advantage, but in a deck with such a revivable beater, caniballizing a monster to get 2 cards may not be that bad. I guess I am just weary of advance cause every deck I test it in it fails because it costs me field pressence.

Lastly, are triple eradicator best? I would figure a 2 to 1 ratio between eradicator and devestation would be better. Thought I can see the reasoning for not diverting your focus like that. As for TCG usually disliking to run viruses,  personally never understood this commonly held trend. I for one prefer to run them.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 07:38:43 am Central Daylight Time »

I always like the viruses, but many people always try to fix them out lol.

BSA you were probably running Advance Draw with Dragons in testing huh?

I guess with the high draw volume it makes up for the poor DW Monster to Discard Outlet Ratio.
DWMtDOR lol that is a dumb acronym attempt.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 08:35:17 am Central Daylight Time »

Yesh arktic I was, sepcially considering I can search and re-summon blue-eyes about 13 different ways. I could activate a free advance draw 1 time per turn with REDMd online, but it still seems not viable.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 05:48:25 pm Central Daylight Time »

I feel that this is an old spin from the early days. o_o"
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Dreaming Demon

Dark World Fortune +1/-0

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 07:07:03 pm Central Daylight Time »

Malefic Stardust Dragon is also used for Trade-In. You won't be using all 3 in one game. If you are I doubt you're playing the deck correctly, since it deprives you of the opportunity to attack with Grapha. But 3 Malefic Cyber End Dragon is also good. However if you aren't using Trade-In you run the risk of having an unplayable hand.

The reason why 3 Eradicator Epidemic is best is because you want to remove all spells and traps from your opponent as quickly as possible, and once you do that you have an advantage, because it's very difficult to remove your monsters without them. Also, Advance Draw works like this:
1. Summon Grapha from grave (1 Dark World monster in hand)
2. Attack
3. Tribute, draw 2 cards.
4. Next turn summon Grapha from grave.
This sequence is done constantly throughout the game. Grapha is used to tribute whenever possible.
The only disadvantage here is when you tribute Malefics. Usually this should be done only for the viruses.

Also, one more advantage with Eradicator Epidemic is that remember this deck is Japanese, and the most aggressive deck we have here (Hero Alive) will have only about 7 monsters. One Eradicator Epidemic can end the game. Small monsters are not really a problem for this deck because you will almost always have access to something with high attack, but if necessary, such as when playing Inzektors, you can side into 3 Skill Drain and 3 Deck Devastation Virus. I think that this deck actually takes a while to get used to, but the basic idea is to play very aggressively (hence no Mind Crush, etc.).
Report Spam   Logged
BigStinkinApe

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 08:10:36 pm Central Daylight Time »

I keep forgetting hero alive is big there, (this is cause I am more or less TCG exclusive, both in knowledge base and in where I look at) okay, I see the need for 3 EEV.  

I admittedly had not noticed trade in. now I see how this deck ties together.
Report Spam   Logged

Dreaming Demon

Dark World Fortune +1/-0

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 08:43:54 pm Central Daylight Time »

Well I wouldn't say you need it against Hero Alive. Dark World still does well without it in tournaments. But it's helpful, since that's pretty much the only deck that can play faster than this.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 3
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1