Dark World Society
March 29, 2024, 04:19:10 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Breaking 2 formats at the same time!

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking 2 formats at the same time!  (Read 544 times)
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Badges: (View All)
Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 11:28:06 am Central Daylight Time »

I think DW can definitely beat this Deck. o_o  Grapha eats Synchroes by battle or effect.  If o don't 2x Synchro + DAD quickly I'll be taking a lotta damage.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 02:29:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

Sometimes probably.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 08:44:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

LOOOOL It was SO FUNNY to actually play this Deck! xD!!

My buddy Brandon starts with a Set in both Zones.

"Giant Trunade." >  He thinks I'm kidding until I tell him I'm being serious and he promised he wouldn't complain about what "new Deck" I was using.  We just starting laughing really hard.
xD  Stratos: Malicious, RotA: Dark Grepher, discard Mali/Special Summon Dark Grepher.  2 Emergency Teleports give me Stardust & Dark End, which sends his face-down to hell.  FTK like a BAWWWSS!! \(^D^)/

I was such a dumb noob in one game though.  I activated CCV right during his draw phase thinking I'd kill all of his Dark World monsters till I remembered Broww was ATK/1400 and he could just bring back Grapha like that. -_-'''  Shamefully lose that one like a noob.  Buuut I'm never makin' that mistake again; a fun way to remember that lesson.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 10:28:52 pm Central Daylight Time »

For one Match I let Brandon use my Deck and he let his friend Stephen use his.  Brandon asked for my guidance... and from his cluelessness he really did.  His Dark World actually put us in tough spots early on, especially in the last Duel where we started off slow.  Fortunately Gold Sarcophagus was there as a life saver to bring Destiny Draw into his hand to instantly make his hand live. Brandon was gonna make so many wrong choices that Duel on what to discard for Dark World Dealings... I told him to keep the Malicious in his hand (he drew 2) because it would have been a pity if he threw away the opportunity to make Mali a live card after Sangan brought so kindly brought PSZ to his hand. 

Sometime in Stephen forces out our Stardust with Dark Hole and then Monster Reborn'd it.
-_-'''  Ah sh*t.  I told Brandon to wait on activating Threatening Roar until he needed it to survive.  He took 2500 direct 2 turns in a row.  Luckily he drew Brain Control.  This is where there tables were turned.  He played Brain Control to take back Stardust and drop Dark Armed Dragon.  He wanted to pop Stardust after he planning to attack but I told him there was no need to.  Stardust couldn't do sh*t to DAD anyway.  So, Stardust attacked Stephen's Set - Morphing Jar.  Stephen discarded a Grapha, and the mandatory effect to destroy let Brandon negate with Stardust and keep it!!  (I remember Stephen's Grapha attempts were thwarted somehow here.)

And then it happened.

Stratos, Grapha
(Reborn), Dark Armed Dragon (3 DARKs), then Synchro Summon Stardust Dragon (5 DARKs).

Buuuuut Brandon fncked up by attacking once and then saying "Oh wait uh pop 1" and misses absolutely SLAUGHTERING Stephen for game here. -_-'''
"Dude it's too late it's Main Phase 2 then." - Stephen
"... Uh never mind then." - Brandon.  He just forgets popping at all.
"Augh... Augh..."
*gripping my chest and dropping to my knee* "This hurts... Brandon how could you... Augh... RAUGH!!  I'm having trouble holding back my demon arm!" D:< My mind was just... I don't even... As Fever would say, "Son I am disappoint." :/  How do you **** up like that?

Stephen had 3 monsters in defense on the field.  He MST'd Brandon's face-down - Chain: Threatening Roar.  Stephen desperately played a Tour Guide in his one turn to change his fate... before quickly realizing whatever he did was useless.  Acid Golem could not attack after Threatening Roar.  Zenmaines would get wasted by Stardust.  I joked that he could go for Leviair to put a Broww in defense and he did it.
xD  All of us laughed at that, even him!  5 monsters in defense, all lined up to die!

Next turn, Brandon played Allure.  I told him maybe he'd get a 2nd Dark Armed... and he did!  "Dammit, we have 5 DARKs!  Too bad we can't use it.  Oh I got it..." He banishes 2 DARKs for the DAD on the field to destroy 2, then drops the 2nd DAD.

Stratos, Stardust, Grapha and double Dark Armed.

DAMN that's a mean field!  ANNIHILATE HIM!!

All in all today was a fun day.  Two and a half hours there passed like nothing.  Gold Sarcophagus' was truly appreciated for its splendid performance.  1 card that brought hope to otherwise bad hands.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:00 pm Central Daylight Time »

Sounds like fun.  That guy has to lrn2play. But still fun.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 11:57:25 am Central Daylight Time »

Yup, this is gonna be very memorable for being my first time with my own Tele-DAD.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 07:16:37 pm Central Daylight Time »

I remember I was in college during that whole Lightsworn - Tele-DAD era. I had the hardest time of course. I had an easier time beating Tele-DAD than Lightsworn. I hate that ****. 3 Honest, 3 JD, 3 Charge, 3 Solar Recharge, 3 Lumina. Broken.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:36 pm Central Daylight Time »

Tele-DAD is either go or no go, so that could explain it.

Stardust Dragon is hard for LS to get around.  Honest is just so damn annoying... That & JD are what scare everybody.  Tele-DAD still edges them out with Synchroes + DAD, which doesn't wipe the whole field like JD.  Keeps your presence.  Stardust + DAD with Roar ready made any move your opponent tried back then unsafe.  Overextended for DAD to ruin them.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 02:34:04 am Central Daylight Time »

They still pull it off easy though. They could drop JD to get Stardust Dragon off the field. Play Monster Reincarnation or Beckoning Light and get them back. And just ****.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 11:59:44 am Central Daylight Time »

If I can't defend Stardust then I'm f*cked.  Tele-DAD really only cranks out 2 Lv:8's, so losing one of them is baaaad.

But uh, Tele-DAD usually does it.  It's normal for me to get my Traps on time and have everything come together.  Happens too much that if they don't kill me fast enough, or try to but I stall them for that one turn, they die.  It's crazy though, LS were uber powerful but they're still not Tier 0. 

They needa bring Malicious back to 3... The heart of Tele-DAD.  But of course I'm kidding and that will never happen again in history.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 05:26:45 pm Central Daylight Time »

You don't run Thought Ruler Archfiend?
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 09:14:00 pm Central Daylight Time »

You don't run Thought Ruler Archfiend?

He's there.

1 Number 39: Utopia
2 Stardust Dragon
2 Colossal Fighter
1 Dark End Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Dark Strike Fighter
1 Psychic Lifetrancer
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary
1 Magical Android
1 Gladiatore Bestia Gyzarus
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 09:59:42 pm Central Daylight Time »

Then you have more options.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2012, 04:03:23 pm Central Daylight Time »

Now that LC3 has arrived the only non-foil cards I have are Doom Lord & Crush Card (both Rares).  Mystic Tomato's gotten less useful.  Even though he's a Hobby League card I took him out for a Ra Yellow Mega Pack D.D. Crow.  Also trying my new Ultra Rare Spirit Reaper. 8D  They finally gave him a rarity he deserves!  And he looks good unlike the ugly Gold print!

Added Gachi Gachi Gantetsu & Zenmaines over Thought Ruler Archfiend & Psychic Lifetrancer.  The latter 2 were never that useful.  Just like before.  TRA might do something for one turn but get run over or popped the next.  He does keep himself safe from D. Prison but my go-to Synchro's still Stardust.

Since my friends and I have come to realize Tele-DAD was only Tier 0 for its format, we're a lot more OK with playing banned Decks.  That and they have Six Samurai Decks with Shi-En & Naturia Beast which stonewalls this lol.  Best Deck of all time I'd have to give it up to Chaos Dragons/Dragonsworn.  Great monster output from LS & Dragons that's practically based on boss monsters is overwhelming.  It's just... so broken.  You even lucksack a little with mills so you're not likely to draw pretty dead hands, which can happen with Tele-DAD.  Super aggressive.

September '08 format was slower because Lightsworn was a set-up Deck (waiting to explode for sudden domination) and Gladiator Beasts were naturally defensive.  This was easier for Tele-DAD to manage because it had a low output with a few high reward cards.  Chaos Dragons could swarm anytime, keep their field with REDMD + LPD, drop BLS and had an instant Graveyard set-up in Future Fusion for a 5k beater, and if they could pop with Lyla & Ryko.  If you really think about it... it's just stupid.  INSANE.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2012, 07:41:36 pm Central Daylight Time »

The foils from that set were just amazing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:52:10 pm Central Daylight Time by Fever » Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2012, 08:31:13 pm Central Daylight Time »

The downside to the Secret Rares is that they're actually fairly "dark."  Secret Rare shine but the foil image itself is not very bright.  Keepin' my LON Torrential instead of the new one.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2012, 08:52:52 pm Central Daylight Time »

I like it. Threatening Roar looks so cool. The Ultras are crisp.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2012, 09:37:42 pm Central Daylight Time »

Haha "crisp," haven't heard that in a long time.   I would've like an Ultra Roar better though. Glittery Secret doesn't really go with the art's background.  But yo, Spirit Reaper...   Mirage of Nightmare, Pot of Greed & Swords of Revealing Light look good too.  Silver Fang.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2012, 11:34:03 pm Central Daylight Time »

Yes, crisp. 

The Ultras and the Secrets look fantastic. Of course some cards look better than others but that's because the art is different. Stuff like Upstart Goblin and Dark Hole look awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2012, 11:51:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

Secret Rares images are still "dim."  But appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2012, 12:21:50 am Central Daylight Time »

You better appreciate it. 
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2012, 12:53:38 am Central Daylight Time »

Uck you.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2012, 10:58:59 am Central Daylight Time »

You almost have 15,000 posts. 
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2012, 01:56:54 pm Central Daylight Time »

+1 Hohoho!
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2012, 02:44:57 pm Central Daylight Time »

+1

That's awesome. Haven't seen that badge before.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1