Dark World Society
April 20, 2024, 04:21:50 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

SSBB, Who are your top characters?

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSBB, Who are your top characters?  (Read 216 times)
death0lover
Now a Dargin ruler player... Yay...
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

Chocolate Giddy Uuuuuuuuuuuup!

Badges: (View All)
One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Karma's A Bitch Dark World Fortune Unlocked Looking For Something?
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:09:40 pm Central Daylight Time »

1. Ike
2. Falco
3. Wario

Ike is slow but he's a tank, his 3 piece and smash attacks are devastating and when he is used right you can control the field with him like a good stun deck. His side assist lets you move quickly and his counter attack will give you the advantage over other aggro characters

Falco is fast and jumps high. He dances around slow characters and can create spacing for you easily with his throws and dash attack. Anyone foolish enough to rush you is thrown back by his reflector. His blaster stuns and most other characters can get caught in a chain grab pretty easily. His regular attack combo can lock your opponent in place so you can deliver an up or forward smash attack(best used with the gamecube controller to abuse the C-stick).

Wario has great attacks when airborn. His fart at full power is a 1 hit on the smash ball and so is his up air attack sometimes. Its hard to knock wario of his bike if your not accurate. His smash is amazing, it allows you to follow anyone anywhere with unlimited flying capabilities. attacking by jumping at your opponent is most effective as wario is slow on land and has an air advantage, which is why he he usually gets the smash.

Diddy and Snake are No.4 and 5, snake is harder to use because his strategy Is weird and grenade based. Diddy just spams banana peels and melees while your down.

Those are my top characters. I usually destroy the kids I meet randomly online. Who do you guys like?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:39:53 pm Central Daylight Time by death0lover » Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:30:17 am Central Daylight Time »

I knew I liked this guy.

1. Link

Because of character loyalty. I used him as my main character in each itteration of this game. I love bombing people and mastered all the angles and distances so people get bombed when they think they are safe. I love Link's multi hiting Smash attacks and long grab. I also know that Link is very low tier in brawl which makes matches against other good players more intense for me as I really have to dig deep to scrap out a victory. Link also has good hangtime and a survival factor that makes him hard to kill it seems.

2. Marth

Marth is my best character and I love him for his speed and special combos. His smash attacks are good too. Marth just seems to be in my head my self representation incarnate in this game.
I used to like Ike as he was my 1st pick when tbis game 1st came out but I let my lil bro have him.

3. Lucario

Lucario is a wrecking ball in Smash Bros. I like his combo and Smashes. He has really good smashes that are deceiving in reach. His Final Smash one of the best ones in my opinion as it makes him safe. And is aimable. He is better than Samus and better than Mewtwo. I was never a Samus fan anyway.

The only other characters I play in Brawl are Toon Link, Wolf, Pit and Pokemon Trainer.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Karma's A Bitch Dark World Fortune Unlocked Looking For Something?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:52:37 am Central Daylight Time »

Dammit, a Marth user. The only way I can take out marth is dodging around and keeping my distance... With Ike. Marth is Falco's kryptonite and Wario is too slow to deal with him with his move set. Lucaro I have on lock-down with falco as he is too slow to land more than a few hits, his smash is easily avoidable with falcos movement, and his projectile is useless on me. But the range on his attacks do cause problems and the air down attack. His counter... I just shoot my opponent and if it activates go in for a chain grab. Most of the people I fight have lucario on their roster, but I have a feeling your better than them. Now Link... I HATE FIGHTING HIM! An expirenced player with link just f*cks my day up with boomarang aggro. Really all I could do is dash dance with falco or just rush him with Ike to avoid the use of projectiles. So you would probly beat me, Fair and square. But if I had Snake I could proly match your bombs with grenade spam but snake is a little heavier than link so launching will be difficult. But all Snake does(when you use him right) is set traps, run away, throw grenades, and wait for the opponent to rush so you can 3 piece them or dash roll into them. I am still inexpirenced with Snake so you'd probly still win but i'd put up a fight.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:06:54 am Central Daylight Time by death0lover » Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:12:37 am Central Daylight Time »

I'm mediocre at this game, but I use Marth.  Fox & Kirby?  Not really, I just keep pressing A and moving around.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 12:21:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

In stage builder I recreated Hyrule temple but placed a moving platform inbetween the loan island on the bottom and the far most right side ledge. So you can make a full circle with most of the cast.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:24:29 pm Central Daylight Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 05:30:44 pm Central Daylight Time »

My friend Carl built a "No Escape?" Board and on 1.0 with 3 stock it takes upwards of an hour to finish a match. Anyone here use R.O.B.? He is a beast in Carls hands. We play that suicide game on hyrule so your adaptation seems more fair for my characters.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 06:01:14 pm Central Daylight Time »

e _e Hour-long matches?  No thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 06:42:10 pm Central Daylight Time »

The board is just a box with 2 block pilars that connect only on one side with a giant block next to the right opening. It only has 1 three block opening on the lower right and a 2 block opening on the upper left. It can be a fun hour if he uses ROB but I make short work of his other characters.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

ArkticDark

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 06:12:03 am Central Daylight Time »

I think I have around 30 stages made. I hope they really improve the stage builder for the new SSB game.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 10:06:08 pm Central Daylight Time »

getting my ass beat in Naruto ultimate ninja storm generations. redeption is in order.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

ArkticDark

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 06:12:14 am Central Daylight Time »

I saw you playin that. Is it improved from Ninja Storm 2 or is it just like a story expansion and they just copied over all the game mechanics?

Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 07:50:22 pm Central Daylight Time »

The story in 2 is better because generations story is just linear battles, 2 has an awesome campain and its the one game I dont mind quick time events in because the cut-scenes are amazing. Online play is better in generations because: they gave it a 4 substitution limit, substitution has its own button, theres 72 characters + like 15 support only characters, you can dash break your chakra dash which means you can stop it in the middle so they cant hit you with a UJ when you rush them, if your opponent substitutes you can chakra dash at them which immediatly breaks your combo so you can stun them again. Sub is way easier now since you can just hit it when ever. If your opponent runs out of subs, rush them, get 3-4 hits, then chakra dash into them to repeat. This does so much damage.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

ArkticDark

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 08:05:45 am Central Daylight Time »

Oh good so they improved the battle mechanics and online functionality. They just have a weaker story mode huh?
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 02:18:27 pm Central Daylight Time »

Yup. Got my revenge, almost won a tourament then some a*shole disconnected on me in the finals.

How is Lucas not higher than Ness on the tier list? He is clearly superior. His attack strength is higher, he's just a little slower, his PK Thunder is easier to control, unlike PK Flash, PK Freeze is not useless, and the Better Stick is one of if not the fastest smash attack in the game.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:02:07 pm Central Daylight Time by death0lover » Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

ArkticDark

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 10:15:29 am Central Daylight Time »

I agree that Lucas seems easier to use than Ness but that extra speed and probably better smashes I guess is what boosts him idk much about either 2 of these guys because they are obnoxious.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 10:17:13 am Central Daylight Time »

When practicing against level 9 computers which do you think have the best A.I.?
I think the best A.I. is Lucario's and then Ness and then Pikachu and then Link.
To determine this me and my bro played alot of matches.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:19:36 am Central Daylight Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 07:27:37 pm Central Daylight Time »

Lucas has better smashes and his speed is only hindered a tiny bit. Wario has the best A.I., take off all items except the smash and turn it on high. See how many times you get raped by Warioman. My favorite smash. Link is pretty hard but lucario and ness are easy as hell. Nasty Ganondorf puts up more of a fight than them, but I guess its the different fighting styles that determine the difficulty of any Nasty A.I.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:29:09 pm Central Daylight Time by death0lover » Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

ArkticDark

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 07:52:31 pm Central Daylight Time »

The only way to really determine it is to turn off all items because smash balls corrupt the experiment and also do all matches on Final Destination.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 08:24:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

My vote is still Wario. Falco destroys most Nasty levels with a chain grab combo. So the immune are the only ones that put up a fight, and wario.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

ArkticDark

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 08:32:25 pm Central Daylight Time »

Fight without that gimmick just straight up.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 08:42:50 pm Central Daylight Time »

I dont fight strait up with any one but Ike and he's too slow to deal with some characters. Even he has the Edgelock thing that I use alot. I'll just get carl to do it with R.O.B.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 10:30:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't like Ike, he's so damn slow. e _e
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 03:29:02 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't like Ike, he's so damn slow. e _e

Learn how to use him n00b. He is a control type dont just rush them, only do that when your opponent is stupid or slower than you. Let your opponent come at you then punish there every move with a three piece or heavy attacks(if possible). When there up dont let them come down and if they are trying to assist to the edge of the board stand on it and charge a forward smash, Edgelock.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 11:17:27 pm Central Daylight Time »

Eh, w/e.  This is just random fun for me.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 04:44:43 pm Central Daylight Time »

1. Wario
2. Falco
3. Olimar

4. Pikachu
5. Snake

New Roster
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 7
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2