Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 09:50:49 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

SSBB, Who are your top characters?

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSBB, Who are your top characters?  (Read 213 times)
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Badges: (View All)
Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 07:14:30 am Central Daylight Time »

lol I also started playing Olimar.

Also I decided to stop playing Link as much and in his place I will play Toon Link as my main character. It kills me that Toon Link is so much better. But I like the way Toon Link handles much better. Just not liking his arrows. And his bombs only do like 5% damage lol.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover
Now a Dargin ruler player... Yay...
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

Chocolate Giddy Uuuuuuuuuuuup!

One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Karma's A Bitch Dark World Fortune Unlocked Looking For Something?
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 06:39:41 pm Central Daylight Time »

1. Pikachu
2. Gimpondorf(I did not miss spell it, if I get one kill its over.)
3. Wario

4. Snake
5. Olimar

Toon link is only just slightly better. Link is slow but is very heavy, hard to launch, and has a high danger zone. Its like 120-130. Toon Link is almost too floaty while link is just right. Links zoning game is just sooooooooo much better. Main link and use Toon Link against fast characters. Oh, pika is NO. 1 because of his thunder, speed, and down and forward smashes. He can be played like Ike(wait for the opponent to rush you, big shield, then 3-piece for ike or down smash for pikachu) which is good because im used to that style. Ganondorf was my main when the game came out until 2010 so i'm quite skilled with him in both aggresive and defensive play styles. but Gimpondorf only requires 1 kill to win a stock match. Get a kill, when they come down grab the edge. Now jump up and use the forward special. If you get them in the air or while they're right on the edge you will both go strait down and die. Repeat and win. plus if they try to smash you it usually doesn't even work as ganon has super-armor right before and during the connection animation. The forward smash is a proggesive grab so it connects through shields and takes priority over every other Recovery-type forward special except the ones that decrease the size of the hit box( I.e. Fox Illusion).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:48:23 pm Central Daylight Time by death0lover » Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 01:23:18 pm Central Daylight Time »

It's hard to say who I'm better with but the 3 characters I'm the best with (in no order):
Pikachu
Ike
Wolf
Each one is better against certain types of characters and players though so I don't think I'm really better with any 1 of those. Pikachu is who I play when I just lost and want to mess with people while still have a good chance to win. Ike is who I play when I want to DESTROY something. I'm not saying I always win it's just very satisfying when you kill someone as Ike. A certain THUD that you don't get with most other characters. Wolf is who I go with when I want to have a true test of skill. His B moves are not that great, nor do I use them much (except Side B, it just feels awesome hitting them at the end of it). His combo ability and smash attacks are what I love Wolf for. I like to play bowser for suicide kills sometimes lol. I also play Lucas sometimes, since I love his Up A (hot damn that's powerful!). I always wanted to be good with Diddy but I never could, not sure why. Oh and I play Samus/Sonic sometimes for the same reason as Pikachu, to annoy.

With this roster I never have a problem against Wario. Good Falco/Diddy players don't stand a chance, great Falco/Diddy players murder me like a child. There is no in between and it doesn't matter who I play as lol. Olimar is such a pain to fight as Ike and slightly Wolf, but Pikachu owns him. I have never and will never have a problem against Ganondork. Snake/Link is so annoying, not that I lose much against him, just that he is annoying. Lucario can be an issue if they don't make mistakes but usually not.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 03:44:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

I remember last time I played I decided to switch to Toon Link.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 12:17:18 am Central Daylight Time »

My friend is ridiculous with Toon Link... He even beat this one guy who we thought was on some other level with Meta Knight.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 10:50:35 am Central Daylight Time »

It is sad to say but Toon Link is just way better than Link, because speed kills.

the only thing is that Toon Link is lighter and does slightly less damage and his bombs cannot cause KOs like Links can.

But his smashes and normals seem to have better priority than big Links do. Sucks. I can only hope they improve Link in the new game.

Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 11:48:58 am Central Daylight Time »

Sux if they cut wolf then huh? But hey there is a good chance for Zorroark.

Both in the game would be cool. I'd prefere Wolf over Falco.

But I hope the new Zelda villian from Skyward sword is in it.

also I like how they changed some of Pit's moves. That means there is a good chance other characters will have different moves

Link needs a move list upgrade for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2013, 12:42:00 pm Central Daylight Time »

A good solution to the Star Fox trio would be like you said make Fox from Star Fox Adventure with the staff. Completely redo him from that, no blaster, no reflector, non of it. I see him having a move like Marth that can combo with the staff in different ways.
Falco can stay the same I guess.
I think they should change Wolf's B moves. His A moves are already very different than the other 2.
I think his side B should be reworked to be similar to diddy's side B and be a grab, kinda like a pounce but more ferocious like a wolf would. The grab would still only happen at the end of the dash, if Wolf hits too early he just hits you and goes through you.
His up B should be different, not sure how but different. Maybe the first enemy he comes into contact with the move stops and he can either grab or start a air combo. Most up B moves cause you to be unable to act until you hit the ground, his would be unique in that he can act but only if he hits an enemy. I see him being a good mid air grappler. It could also do no damage and just be a way to get better positioning (a soft counter to link's Down A for example, it doesn't hurt link but link doesn't hit Wolf either).
His regular B should be a blaster and I think it works as it is but not sure how they could change it to be more unique.
His down B shouldn't be a reflector. It should be a melee move that can nullify projectiles if timed right.

Zoroark would be crazy, you know how he works right? He is an illusion pokemon. So he will have a counter for sure, possibly a copy ability? His natural ability makes him appear as the last pokemon in your party so something similar? The A moves would be sick, just looking at how he stands looks a lot like Wolf.

I agree that they need to improve Link, but I don't know about the Skyward Sword villain dude. I guess he would be different but I just don't care for his design that much. Improving Link so that they can get rid of Toon Link is must.

Out of all the ideas for new characters, reworking current ones so there are no clone characters is the most important IMO. I don't see a fix for Lucas so he is gone hopefully. Brawl had many less clone characters than Melee so hopefully they do away with them all this time around or change the moves completely.

Oh so I think I'll be getting a WiiU now. Mario 3d Worlds (I think that's the name), Smash Bros., and Bayonetta 2 is exlusive. 3 games seems like an ok investment lol. I might wanna try out Monster Hunter also, videos of this game make it looks so **** badass and fun. Plus I hear that one RPG is really good too, damn what's the name of that one again?
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 01:21:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

XenoBlade?

Checkout the Nintendo forum, I have an E3 trailer thread there.

They already showed some Fox gameplay and he looks the same.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:24:00 pm Central Daylight Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:26 am Central Daylight Time »

XenoBlade?

Checkout the Nintendo forum, I have an E3 trailer thread there.

They already showed some Fox gameplay and he looks the same.

I'll try to remember to do that lol.

Yeah I know, just saying wishful thinking you know.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1