Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 07:58:57 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Five Cards I Want Banned Right Now

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Cards I Want Banned Right Now  (Read 341 times)
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:21:30 pm Central Daylight Time »

1) Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Enough said really. It shifts everybody's deck just to play this card. Chaos This and Chaos That. Tired of this broken card being dropped on me because I clear the Field. The summoning requirement is a joke and it is powerful as ****. Should never be legal.

2) Chaos Sorcerer

Annoying as ****. Not on a BLS scale but still busted with the removal and easy summon.

3) Rescue Rabbit

One of the most failed cards ever made in terms of trying to learn from the mistakes of a previous card. Such as Rescue Cat. The last two lines of this card pointless. Needs to be banned.

4) Monster Reborn

BLS and other **** in the same format? Konami, you fail. Monster Reborn is a sacky broken card that should never be legal.

5) Dark Hole

This is just unnecessary with 2 Torrential Tribute around. Most of the time it is just used to get rid of one annoying Monster. It's an OTK enabler and it should be banned.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:21:43 pm Central Daylight Time by Fever » Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 01:54:56 pm Central Daylight Time »

Hey f*ck you I like Monster Reborn. >
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
death0lover
Now a Dargin ruler player... Yay...
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

Chocolate Giddy Uuuuuuuuuuuup!

One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Karma's A Bitch Dark World Fortune Unlocked Looking For Something?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:10:08 pm Central Daylight Time »

BLS is not that hard to get around, most of the time I just head butt it with grapha. if you're running geargia as main now just ram your fortress into it, take 500, and kill it. when you think about it, the only time BLS is more useful than any other card in a good deck is if your opponent is stuck with a sh*t hand and 1 or 2 cards on the field. Also, doesnt everyone run bottomless & compulsory now that priority is no longer a problem? It's dark world society, compulsory to hand then dragged down/mind crush to grave. gone. But you have a valid point as this card is not sometimes, but usually a gamebreaker for someone who is unprepared.

Same for Sorc. Just not as hard to kill.

Rescue rabbit is not that great, its range of use is like 1 deck. I thought that only splashable cards got banned, this is in no way splashable or game breaking. Reascue cat was an a55h*le that could be used in GB's, X-Sabers(*chills*), anything that felt like running 3 airebellum and a black panther, and of course, its own deck. Which was Cleaner, Faster, and more Conssistant than dino rabbit. 2 Rabbits hinders the deck enough. If it was inconssistant before, its way worse now. If it was at 1 it would just never be used... Ever. Its actually easier to get out a dolkka or laggia out with a ninja variant than dino rabbit.

Monster reborn, understandable. 3 call of the haunted + any cards that revive for any given archetype/type/attribute. Yeah this needs to go...

Same, 3 field wipes + card effect field wipes. Needs to go.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:11:41 pm Central Daylight Time by death0lover » Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 05:34:36 pm Central Daylight Time »

While I can agree with most of this, I feel voicing such opinions only leads to people calling the person voicing said opinions "butthurt" and a "complainer".

Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:30:56 pm Central Daylight Time »

CED does **** to BLS. That would be a waste. Rarely ever will I have BTH down when they drop Sack Luster Soldier.

BSA, you can voice your opinion. Just nobody troll mine.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:59:51 pm Central Daylight Time »

He has a point, Fever:

Funny, right?  Look closer.  You see how this joke picture shares the same reasoning Death is using?

Basically, what you're saying is "X is not broken because a Trap can stop it."  Under that logic, Dark Armed Dragon, Judgment Dragon, Archlord Kristya, Goyo Guardian and Dark Strike Fighter are not broken either.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 08:02:50 pm Central Daylight Time »

I know. That's why I hate when people say that. "Oh it's easy to get around. Use this card." Uh, counters don't make a card any less broken. That's why we have a ban list.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Karma's A Bitch Dark World Fortune Unlocked Looking For Something?
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 05:32:17 am Central Daylight Time »

Didnt say BLS wasnt broken, just said its easy to kill but like pkmn said, right now its pretty easy to get around anything if you have like 1 card that destroys stuff but say... Grapha because he can SS himself and use a virus if he were to be banished. But since Grapha can only be used in Dark World and Chaos Dark world(which isnt that great and a little slow) he will probably never be banned, and I stress, Probably. But BLS is a Problem in general, that fact that he is ABLE to be a gamebreaker in basically any deck that runs tour guide which almost every deck does, is bad. but the title of the thread is Five Cards I Want Banned Right Now by Fever not Chayse Wagner so I'll shut up... For now.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:57:05 am Central Daylight Time »

Didnt say BLS wasnt broken, just said its easy to kill but like pkmn said, right now its pretty easy to get around anything if you have like 1 card that destroys stuff but say... Grapha because he can SS himself and use a virus if he were to be banished. But since Grapha can only be used in Dark World and Chaos Dark world(which isnt that great and a little slow) he will probably never be banned, and I stress, Probably. But BLS is a Problem in general, that fact that he is ABLE to be a gamebreaker in basically any deck that runs tour guide which almost every deck does, is bad. but the title of the thread is Five Cards I Want Banned Right Now by Fever not Chayse Wagner so I'll shut up... For now.

Wtf you are misinterpreting my point.

Saying "X can be solved by Y" is crap.  You are to judge a card correctly by how easy it can be to use/abuse and how threatening it is.  Just because a counter exists does not make a card balanced.

If you do acknowledge BLS to be a "gamebreaker" as you said, then you should understand me.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:57:46 am Central Daylight Time by PkMn Trainer » Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 12:44:11 pm Central Daylight Time »

maybe you read the post wrong Trainer... Reads like he got you.

Hmm... Cards to ban?

BLS
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole

And not much else really deserves it. Just the stuff that has been taken off the Baned list recently.

It was there for a reason.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 01:58:57 pm Central Daylight Time »

I did understand. you said X kills Y and thats not a valid reason for a card not to be banned because you could do that to pretty much any card, I get it. So I said its easy to kill if you had 1 of the many destruction cards, but so is everything else but Grapha. basically used the same reasoning you use, just different words.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 06:55:33 pm Central Daylight Time »

Hmmm I don't know.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41:54 pm Central Daylight Time »

Grapha is strong.  Having him in play isn't instantly game-breaking however.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 12:34:08 am Central Daylight Time »

Grapha is a perfect boss Monster
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 04:10:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

A deck without any type of removal is pretty much screwed.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:34 pm Central Daylight Time »

Unless their "removal" is in crazy big-ass monsters.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 01:55:02 am Central Daylight Time »

Or if you have a boss with tons of negation or prevention.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 06:25:28 am Central Daylight Time »

A big boss that locks shet down is always annoying.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1