Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 09:20:36 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

CSG-K: Chain Summoning Gem-knights

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
3 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CSG-K: Chain Summoning Gem-knights  (Read 9974 times)
BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:47 am Central Daylight Time »

K so a few weeks back you all know I more or less walked into a full gem-knight collection. Well I got to tinkering, and found a few interesting things about these guys. For starters, this guy is the biggest **** of all YGO.

So it's a monster who counts for just about EVERY gem-knight fusion, who when sent to the grave (from hand)any way (like my old friend white stone of legend... so costs, my card eff, their card eff ect...) gets to SS me a normal monster from grave.....so fusion becomes a +/- of 0 of done properly with this card,in some situations.

On top of having arguably the best in theme fusion support of any archetype, gem knights have the best,Bar none(looking at you heros) fusion spell AND TRAP cards. but the best of all is this

So I send gem knights(READ: obsidian and some other gem-**** I have lying around) to summon a fusion(-2 over all so far, 3 cards in hand= 1 on field) then obsidian SS's a gem from grave (very likely the one sent there to make the fusion) so -2 becomes -1and lastly, this wondrous fusion card banishes a gem in grave( READ: obsidian in grave) to get back to your hand, thus making a -2 move into a +0 over the course of the combo. your still 2 down in hand, so one could argue it's still a -2, but IMO field presence can equal hand presence in this deck.

After seeing THAT play as a possibility, and realizing that with the right cards in play/ hand it could be endlessly repeated, my mind lit afire with combinations and theory for this deck. Here is the result:

opening turn, if I go second, and get the perfect 6 cards+ the proper 7th card, I CAN FTK someone, but even without that hand, I can walk into several OTK positions.I fI open with this hand

Obsidian, chain summoning, amber,gemini spark, super double summon, gem-knight fusion and spark draws me into gem-knight obsidian, I can summon excess of 2 fusions in 1 turn.

I forget the exact combo(as I haven't looked at the deck in 2 weeks or more) but it goeslike this

(this is my first turn after their first turn and they set ATleast 1 card on field,does not matter which but s/t are more likely to backfire on your plan, so for arguments sake lets say it's a face down monster)

step 1:summon gem-knight amber.
Step 2: activate gem-knight fusion, chaining gemini spark, chaining to that chain summoning.
it resolves that you get 3 more normal summons, your monster is tributed you draw into obsidian #2, then fusion resolves sending the STILL on field amber, and an obsidian from hand to SS GEM-knight prismura from ED.
Step 3:resolve obsidian's effect to S amber and then banish said obsidian to re-curse Gem-knight fusion.

At this point you have 3 normal summons available this turn, a gem knight obsidian in hand, gem-knight fusion in hand, gem knight amber not gemini summoned on field(1600) and gem knight prismura on field (2450).

step 4: fusion summon a second prismura and use the obsidian #2's effect to ss amber once more and re attain gem knight fusion. at this point your sitting on 6500 ATK and if you somehow got into another obsidian, or getting one back from RFG, you could repeat step 4 and end off with 3x gem-knight prismura on field ( 2450 each for a total of 7350 on field ATK) plus thanks to the 3rd obsidian you would once again wind up with amber on field (1600) for a total ATK value of 8950.

And when we get the rest of the gem knights this'll get even faster thanks to gem-knight zirconia. then prismura's 2&3 become zirconias and you can potentially summon the 3rd zirconia in this combo to ratchet your attack value up to 2450, 2900 x2, 1600 and potentially another 2450 or 2900 on top of that for a top-out ATK value for the combo of 12 750ATK!!!)

and all of this is possible because of chain summoning allowing for excess summons of amber to re use his effect to perpetually re-curse obsidian provided you have gem-knights like Iolite and garnet around to toss to make use of later.

thoughts? I may have flaws in my combo due to not having my written notes of the steps in front of me, but the basic idea is have X obsidian/ ways to get it from RFG +1 or more gem-knight amber along with ideally several other gem-knights and work your way up to chain-link 3 and then fuse, abuse and paruse your extra deck until you find the answers you seek.

Also, if anyone can direct me to a credible source that can prove or disprove that you can infact activate chain summon on the opponents turn (fufilling it's requirements for activation) and get it's effect on your next turn, I would much appreciate it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:11:49 am Central Daylight Time by BigStinkinApe » Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
Dragon in the Shadows
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:40:09 am Central Daylight Time »

Finally some one else around here gets how f**king awesome Gem-Knights are.  I'm thinking about writing an article on them one of these days.
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
BigStinkinApe

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:36:52 pm Central Daylight Time »

Do it and I'll spread the word about it all over 5-7 different Ygo sites.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 05:13:47 am Central Daylight Time »

Just a head's up: I have the cards for that 3 fusion combo right, just got the order of the chain to play chain summoning wrong, I'll correct that when I get home to my notes for this deck.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 06:52:18 am Central Daylight Time »

You are gonna love this.  I pulled off a wicked combo last night.  Summoned Alexandrite, tributed to ss Crystal from my deck.  Particled Crystal with Garnet for Ruby, chose Crystal for the ATK boost.  Then Reborned Crystal and tributed via Ruby's effect.  Attacked a DEF Devine Dragon Apocralyph for 5900 points of damage and the win.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 09:37:58 am Central Daylight Time »

EPIC!
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 03:19:20 pm Central Daylight Time »

F**k yeah!  Still can't figure out why people perfer Citrine over Ruby.   
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 06:32:49 am Central Daylight Time »

I dunno either...
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 11:26:25 am Central Daylight Time »

What a cool deck. It's hard not to run a deck like this with insane Fusion support like that.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 12:48:10 pm Central Daylight Time »

What a cool deck. It's hard not to run a deck like this with insane Fusion support like that.

I'm a trend starter!   
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3