Dark World Society
April 19, 2024, 06:36:52 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A storm is coming: Herald of the clouds

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
4 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A storm is coming: Herald of the clouds  (Read 101 times)
BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:48:34 am Central Daylight Time »

Herald of perfection has always been a card I liked since it's release. It had nice art, fair stats given it's amazing effect has great support but is still difficult enough to summon and maintain that it is not tier 0 and it tests players skill. Running herald decks is like a YGO SAT on learning what plays matter and what don't. Herald tests your intuition, and more importantly your foresight as a duelist and your ability to conserve.

I'm going to be flat honest about this. First good 20 duels playing herald I failed that exam. I am an argo player, I have adapted and evolved as a duelist to be as such out of necessity, so keeping hand and sitting behind a wall is not only difficult for me to think of, but at times it actually pains me to do it, as it's just so out of style for me. Herald changed that, this type of deck taught me how to keep a constant hand size over 2, and how to manage my resources better.

Now, I always recommend it as a deck to any argo duelist who I can see struggles with when to attack, defend and go for pushes. It is that much of a learning tool to us knuckle heads out there. This build is no different, the cloudians make life a little easier by allowing you to wall behind attackers a bit, and swarm too, but, being who I am, I built my self in an escape from that "wall" strategy. Bahamut shark: a beater who summons a beater, whats not to like?

thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:57:03 pm Central Daylight Time by BigStinkinApe » Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
BigStinkinApe

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:13:46 am Central Daylight Time »

Trolled a guy recently, dropped herald T1, shock ruler T 2, and then a second shock ruler & krystia on T4 total control of his life in that duel. He raged and ran XD
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 07:30:12 pm Central Daylight Time »

I like this.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:30 pm Central Daylight Time »

Any fixes? shinato has proven his usefulness, ran into a heiratic deck, used him to plow through their defense position atums(LOL) after I halted their turn with herald.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:46:57 pm Central Daylight Time »

It looks fine to me. I love Rituals. They were part of my first deck so it is awesome.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 11:45:10 pm Central Daylight Time »

Wait wat why the vanillas besides Shine Balls?
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 12:49:47 am Central Daylight Time »

Wait wat why the vanillas besides Shine Balls?

Because it is a Cloudian deck, yo.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 01:06:52 am Central Daylight Time »

._. I never bothered to learn how they worked... They Summon vanillas?  How do they do it?
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
BigStinkinApe

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 08:48:22 am Central Daylight Time »

cloudian turbulence summons the vanilla 1 stars, he get's tokens for his ability to summon them on summon  or when other cloudians add them to him.  I use the LV 1 cloudians in tandem with 1 or 2 shine balls, or spirit of the harp to fuel a herald summon via advancd ritual art, OR a shinato summon that sets my grave up for krystia ( 3 balls+2 smoke balls=8, then you simply return 1-2 however you can and get to 4). They also double as herald fodder AND as water monsters for moray of greed/ salvage.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 04:16:34 pm Central Daylight Time »

Oh I see, the harpist & Megami are here as recoverable fodder through Dark Factory to fuel Herald.  A-ha.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 05:58:42 pm Central Daylight Time »

precisely, and harp also doubles as a wall to turtle behind in the event you draw shet.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 08:35:36 pm Central Daylight Time »

Lol sad.  But yeahp, makes sense now.

Man, imagine Herald's stats were switched around...   OK maybe I should stop imagining that.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 12:11:04 pm Central Daylight Time »

Herald+seal of OOH-SHIIII! 2300/3300  XD

debating decking it
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:59 pm Central Daylight Time »

I think 1 Shinato over a Herald will do just fine.  ATK/3300 seriously is a lot, and if you have Herald on the field as well... you're set.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 06:12:35 pm Central Daylight Time »

I think 1 Shinato over a Herald will do just fine.  ATK/3300 seriously is a lot, and if you have Herald on the field as well... you're set.
this is true, while herald can hold his own in DEF, some things can surpass him, and honest only guarantee so much. shinato sitting by HOP while you have fairies is effectively a A6 overwatch keeping your kill streak going while your low on ammo and trying not to die..

I can count on my left hand how many games I've lost while shinato is shielding herald while I have a few resources to push negation as needed.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 06:18:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

Awww-right then.   You know what to do.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 07:26:40 pm Central Daylight Time »

May have just broke this concept.

HOP+ constellar belt. Calling it now, I came up with this first, tye is my witness, as I asked him about it to check it's validity as a bypass around counter traps screwing herald.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:39:44 pm Central Daylight Time by BigStinkinApe » Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 08:00:36 pm Central Daylight Time »

Yeah that works.  I don't think possibly being negated is a problem.  Herald gets beaten by having too much to negate.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 08:37:01 pm Central Daylight Time »

Yeah that works.  I don't think possibly being negated is a problem.  Herald gets beaten by having too much to negate.
which is where splendid venus comes in handy, as does krystia and shock master they all take the pain of negation off of HOP.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 10:25:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

Problem is. Can this handle going second? How well can the deck recover? Wind-Ups would have too much fun.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 11:49:23 pm Central Daylight Time »

Problem is. Can this handle going second? How well can the deck recover? Wind-Ups would have too much fun.
I have to test that but in the OP version, I never had too much trouble with windups/ sabers/ DW, I just had to draw my recovery cards( pot, moray, dark factory) more often.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 12:36:27 am Central Daylight Time »

Yeah decks gotta be built to go both turns. Going first is obviously a huge advantage.
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 12:40:59 am Central Daylight Time »

My decks tend to be built to work from going second more, as I am used to having to dig my way out of a bad spot.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 7
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4