Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 12:12:38 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Not a tourney, but worth reporting: Lineage of the Dragon-Destroyer

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a tourney, but worth reporting: Lineage of the Dragon-Destroyer  (Read 112 times)
BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:40:33 pm Central Standard Time »

Was off today and got lucky enough to head to my locals, 3 hours away, to buy some **** and just get a read on how the place has been since the fall when I was there last. Things were good, I got to talking with the manager and some buddies then these guys shoved us on their way to the tournament room behind the main area of the store, I went back more or less to see if anyone else was there (as I had brought some stuff to trade and a deck) and it was a bunch of MTG faggots( and normally I got no beef with MTG people but read on and see why these guys deserve that label). 30 somethings to like late 40's telling the younger kids to clear out and swearing like there was no tomorrow(no swearing in store, store policy).

Anyways so the kids go to clear out and one of them is an MTG kid, he drops his deck and cards to everywhere, and what do I see but 2 guys step on the kids cards, and 2 others hid ones that fell on the table (presumably to keep...) so I get fed up with this and ask what the big idea is and get told in a very familiar voice "calm down, it's finders keepers at this store and you know it".....

It's this **** me and my YGO buddies all call wolverene jr. cause he wears his hair like that and he is shark when trading from and a miser when trading to. if he's not claiming your card is less than it's worth he's saying his is rarer than it is just to squeeze more from you. seems he's into magic too and was making note of the store "unwritten" rule "if you find something ask around to see if it's someone's and then if not you can keep it"....that is NOT finder's keepers, and even still everyone in that room knows it's the kids stuff, but he and his gang of butt buddies are claiming the stuff on the floor they dropped and the stuff on the tables they owned and were playing with( right your playing with a plains/ swamp card in a red deck....**** you you lying **** troll....)

So I tell him to tell them to give back the stuff, and he says "you better not get too rowdy, cause the manager will kick you out if you start a fight", and all the MTG guys chuckle (another store rule, if your making a scene your asked to leave, once again bent to suite his needs....) At this point my time in this place is ruined, and I would have left, if not for the kid, I can see him quietly crying picking up the stepped on cards he can pull from under people's shoes and I just get this overwhelming feeling of anger. I've been the kid who the bullies stole from, and the kid who got his deck trashed under some fat bastards boot....so seeing this kid really made my blood boil.

I ask wolverene jr if he has his YGO's here and he says he's here to play MTG not deal with YGO, so I get stupid, and say "what you don't want free cards?" and before I get a chance to process my own big mouth he asks what I mean, so now stuck cause of my own words, I tell him. "duel me for the kids stuff, all of it, if he wins he keeps the cards in the deck I duel him with, if I win the kid gets his stuff back and they have to clear out" (this is about where the manager seems to get wind of the standoff going on in the back room, but is busy with customers so says nothing and continues doing like he was)

Wolverene jr, being a greedy ****-gargling asscrack agrees, and to my "surprise" he pulls a mermail Atlantis genex deck out, complete with DT lavaval chain and genex udines...

He asked what I'm using and I pull out "grandsoil kid". Admittedly I felt pretty damn embarrassed when I noticed the bottom card on the main deck was "hero kid', as even the old men laughed at me. He then cracks a joke saying "this is going to be easy, too bad your deck isn't worth money". I tell him to shut up and shuffle, and then we proceed into a match.

R1:  we go for high roll on a multi sided dice, I roll a 13 and he rolls an 8, so I go first. I draw, opening 2 CED, 1 shiens smoke signal, 1 reinforce truth, and 1 E tele drawing emmersblade. I set a batch (2 CEd and RT) and signal into my copy of kagemusha, setting it and ending.

He draws, drops into udine and sets off dragoons, fetching controller and dropping allure pissing that out and drawing 2 more, setting 2 and ending, not before I special kid off truth subsequently dropping 2 more kids into play. on my turn I proceed to make double gachi and fall into a warning and a chain (okay....) I drew into spell striker so I banish signal drop striker, e tele into barkion(commander+ striker), and proceed to swing for his set card, flattening udine for big damage, I end feeling pretty confident even with the loss of 1 gachi I am still in control.

From here the duel really goes south, without explaining too much 2 turns later he drops not 1 but 2 moulin glacia on me after dropping dark hole and reviving my damn barkion with reborn, I drew grandsoil and he put up a fight vs barkion, but all it took was taking down the gachi then scuidicing glacia into grandsoil and then he bought himself a turn to set up while I got screwed for 2 effectively.

R2: Now knowing how I had to play vs him I set up right away for magic android (TG striker + ns'd elder of six) and set a chain and a CED and a lance.
he summoned dragoons and I bounced it back with CEd, he set some stuff and (now drawing into the parts for it) I dropped a barkion, which he warninged and then set my second lance I'm now 9200 to his 5600 and starting to feel less worried. Truth be told, I've only beaten this guy a hand fulla times and they were all with decks packing a PILE of dragons WAY bigger than anything I had mained or sided right now....so frankly my courage was not where it should have been. goes for udine I chain and he sets 2 traps and ends. I now draw into miracle synchro with both warrior+ dragon synchro and psychic+ psychic synchro available. Now I know how I am going to beat him, I just need to draw dyna soon to do it. I attack udine dealing 12 more and slapping his chance at milling away. I need to keep android alive as long as I can so I set my only other card in hand besides MSF: book of moon, and pass. He drops abyss soldier, and tries to slide one past me by dropping a water going for the bounce, I tell him **** that **** and book the soldier, so he takes back his atlantian that would have popped my face up card. I draw, and it's a second miracle synchro fusion.....now I'm starting to question if I can take him down without dyna, so I figure now is as good a time as any and I drop MSF. he reads it, scoffs and lets it go, and I banish bark and elder of the six to drop dragon knight draco equeste, to which gets a pile of "wow"s from around the room, that he didn't seem to like, as he torrentialed (revealing 1 of his 2 remaining backrow, to which I chained lance to keep draco up and running, and this is where **** got annoying...he responded with magic drain.....I was torn, I knew letting them both go was better off then tossing out MSF and hoping for the best, but at the same time, if I pitched MSF saving draco, draco still had protection for the turn (thanks to lance) and would probably bag this guy anyway....so I thought about this for a short while then decided I needed to let draco live. so I did clearing out his booked soldier and my android draco rammed him for 2400 droping him down to 2000...or so I thought! we had both forgot warning, and when I pointed it out to him and showed him my log of LP he argued and bitched and called me names and I told him "stop your bitchin' and bring on round 3!"

Now the store manager comes in and as the kid tries to explain what's going on the older guys are arguing and yelling and trying to pack up and leave, so I turn round and tell the manager not to let them till they give the cards back they stole, and then they start arguing and ****, and then wolverene says "don't worry guys those cards are yours remember" pointing back to the game were having, so they sit down and grumble while the manager stands at the door to the room watching.

R3: I decided to test out my side deck, I swap out hero kids for 3 morphing jar #2, and a few traps for hand traps like trag and veiler. he sees this and starts getting over confident again, saying I can't win without siding and that my deck sucks, so I throw my sided cards back in the side and tell him "I'm gonna make you eat this **** hero kid you greasy f**ktard" waving my spare lucky copy of hero kid( it's a misprint, the kid is off colored and looks mexician Tongue). the store manager warns me and we begin. he opens into diva dropping the atlantian who gives an extra normal, and drops dragoons sets like 4 and ends....so the next 2 turns are him more or less assraping me down to like 600. not.****.good......thankfully by then I draw into heavy storm, and clear board(holy ****, no response to heavy with 4 backrow set....) then drop smoke signal getting elder, SSing elder, specialing striker(bainshing a spent lance) to R3 into soul of sulver mountian, I use soul to tie and die with dragoons(netting me a special'd hero kid, and him his damn search) and main pahase 2 I drop #96 on his ass, setting my 3 cards in hand( 1 MSF, 1 lance and 1 CEd).
he goes and works his way into gungir, but before he can do any damage I CEd him, which puts him at 2 card in hand (who I assume is megaloabyss or glacia and something worth playing/ saving) and nothing left on field. TIME TO TURN **** AROUND! I draw and topdeck grandsoil like a **** boss, using it to revive spell striker, and all of my monsters collide into him for 3500, chipping him down to 3400 from 6900.
he draws and summons diva into heavy arms dropping that mermail searcher( the 1500 one) he ranks up a GGG and uses the mermail searcher to run over striker.then sets a backrow(the **** could that be o.0??).
I then draw, and see a means to end this, but it requires some finesse. I shift grandsoil into DEF and swing #96 into he mermail, who is 1900 thanks to gachi, and apply his eff, this occurs and my #96 becomes 1050. he searches her effect putting abysslung in ATK.  I end leaving soil in DEf and #96 at 1050 to his 1900 abysslung.
He draws, hitting off aqua jet attempting to beat out grandsoil, I flip lance and make him eat 100 damage(  him 3200, me still 600) and frustrated he ends.
I draw, hitting off #96's effect as I slam into abysslung with 2000 ATK to his 950, so he takes 1000, (2200-600) and now I activate pot of A sending back the 2 hero kids and a few other things( spell striker, TG striker, and a commander) and draw 2 (now my hand is, 3 cards: e-tele, reinforced truth, and T.G. striker....) I set a backrow and pass.
he topdecks dark hole, pissing away a gachi piece and now forcing me to miss my next battle phase....and clearing my board, he goes to pass but I reinforce truth, right into torrential tribute (**** so thats what that set was....) ends.
I draw, now my hand is striker, e tele and emmersblade, sweet! I Ss tg, NS emmers synch for magic android, Tele-ing for psychic commander! I synch for SCRAP DRAGON! and flip myracle synchro fusion! dropping ultimate axon kicker! scrap dragon effect, on kick popping gachi, he laughs saying why did you do that then I tell him to read kicker.....he says thats bulls**t and it won't work and I more or less quote verbatim
"You can select a monster that cannot be destroyed by card effects - for example, "Ultimate Axon Kicker" - as a target for the effect of "Scrap Dragon". In this case, "Ultimate Axon Kicker" will not be destroyed, but the other targeted monster will be destroyed."

RULING CHECK: manager brings it up on screen, UAK, rulings, "mentions in other rulings" BAM! Evil laugh

Scrap dragon disarms gachi, kicker slams into gachi chipping him down to 900 giving me 400, making me 1000 and scrap dragon drops a load of "scrap lube" in his face for game.The MTGtards roar and boo and the manager says "fair is fair, give the kid his stuff back or get the **** off my property". the guys look around say you cant do that and he says "store policy, your making a scene...."   Police

Wolverene goes to put his **** away and I quickly pull my hero kid out of the yard and de-sleeve it. I tell him "eat this **** card, and don't ever pull that **** again, you know damn well not to duel me expecting to win if I am packing dragons" throwing the car and hitting him right in the nose. he spits at me and gets banned from the store. and the others leave almost right after him.

The kid thanks me and says he's gonna get into yugioh again cause he just seen proof that (his EXACT words )"you can duel like the show and still play like a pro" Woo!  Rockin'

The manager gives me $15 store credit for "doing the right thing and risking my cards to ensure someone else's stuff didn't get stolen." then my other buddies showed up and they asked why they saw wolverene speed off swearing and saw him kick his car door. Lol !

After they heard what happened they asked what I beat them with and I showed them that same card from before, on the bottom of the deck, "hero kid", but this time I wasn't the leas bit embarrassed. So yeah, I didn't get in a tourney today, but I did a good deed, got to make a rival of mine suck my big hairy ones, and used rulings to beat a rule-sharking mother f**ker.

Aside from not being able to buy any cards today ( his shipments of REDU, CBLZ and ABYR were out until thursday....damn....) I had a **** great day at the card shop, and now the "legend" of  "grandsoil kid" has been officially recognized in my tourney hall, and the dragon champion has proven that the "lineage of destruction" set forth by my shining dragon turbo has not been broken, just transformed into the warrior within.

So yeah, feelin' **** boss right now.   8)

Pros:
hero kid can and does beat mermail atlantian genex IF I draw right, it's not an auto loss like testing suggested.
ScraDra+ UAK=GG
got called a  "pro" for taking hero kid to a meta deck duel and winning.
free credit
rep at tourney hall, maintaining my moniker "lance the dragon champion" through skillful use and knowledge of scrap dragon.
A CONVERT!

cons: no new cards
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
Kingdiepie
Viper
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +22/-0

Dark World

Combination Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:59:22 pm Central Standard Time »

Nice!
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:04:36 pm Central Standard Time »

BSA, put in work. Also, on this extensive read. Nice one.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2