Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 11:43:09 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

I guess I said I would post my midnightTCG articles here or something.....

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess I said I would post my midnightTCG articles here or something.....  (Read 107 times)
Kingdiepie
Viper
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +22/-0

Dark World

Badges: (View All)
Combination Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:28:09 am Central Daylight Time »

Hello MidnightTCG, We've made it to 10 Articles Already, Were Also About to finish The Hockey and NBA Seasons so what Will We be Doing When They finish? Why switch to Football of course! This Article Release Date Will Be Moved to Saturdays So Once the Season Starts We can review the last week before the next week starts. Hope you enjoy NBA and NHL before the seasons ends!

Orpik scores early in OT as Penguins eliminate Islanders with Game 6 win[/B]

Brooks Orpik's goal would have been memorable even if wasn't in overtime and didn't put the Pittsburgh Penguins into the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. When you are a defensive-minded defenceman with only 12 goals in nine NHL seasons, they all tend to stand out. Orpik fired a slap shot from the left point that hit the back of the net 7:49 into overtime Saturday night to give the Penguins a 4-3 victory over the New York Islanders that ended the Eastern Conference first-round series in six games. The top-seeded Penguins advanced to face the No. 7 Ottawa Senators despite being outshot 38-21 in the decisive win.
Orpik had never scored in 77 previous playoff games and didn't have one in the past 106 contests of any kind since his last goal, also against the Islanders, on Nov. 21, 2011.

"Felt great, of course, to score. I don't score too many," Orpik said. Evgeni Malkin moved the puck from behind the net to Tyler Kennedy, who fed it to Orpik. The drive might have clipped Islanders forward Brad Boyes on its way past goalie Evgeni Nabokov.

"I'm definitely not a goal-scorer, but he laid it right on a tee for me," Orpik said. "I wish I can say I was trying to go there, but I was just trying to put it on net, and found a hole." The Islanders were just 5:16 away from sending the series back to Pittsburgh for one more game when another defenceman, Paul Martin, got the Penguins even for the third time.

"It's great to finish it, I tell you that," goalie Tomas Vokoun said. "We got everything we could have handled. They played great and it was a tough series."
Evgeni Malkin assisted on the tying and winning goals. On Martin's goal, Malkin curled behind the New York net with the puck and sent a hard pass high in the zone to Martin, who ripped a drive through traffic in front. Michael Grabner had given the Islanders a 3-2 edge 2:21 into the third. He scored his second career NHL post-season goal off a feed from Keith Aucoin to give the Islanders their third lead—on their 30th shot—against the top-seeded Penguins. The goal left Vokoun sprawled on his stomach. The teams had alternated wins since the Penguins took the opener 5-0 at home. Pittsburgh got into position to advance to the second round for the first time since 2010 when it won 4-0 in Game 5 with Vokoun in goal instead of Marc-Andre Fleury.

"To be thrown into the middle of a series and play the way he did, that's huge," Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said. "Especially tonight. They carried the play and had a lot of great chances. He was sturdy and solid for us." Vokoun had trouble early matching the success he had all season against the Islanders, but still pulled out the win. The Penguins had lost all three previous post-season meetings with the Islanders—including two defeats in Game 7. John Tavares, Colin McDonald and Grabner gave New York leads in each period. Aucoin had two assists, and Nabokov made 17 saves. The Islanders got back into the playoffs this year after being out of the post-season since 2007. With a move to Brooklyn upcoming in the near future, the Islanders could be turning a corner back into hockey respectability.

"We really came together," said Tavares, an NHL MVP finalist. "I hope we can bring more next year. We found out what it takes to be successful. Great character in this room. I like where we are headed." Jarome Iginla tied it in the first, and Pascal Dupuis made it 2-2 in the second for Pittsburgh, which got 35 saves from Vokoun. Despite being outplayed for much of the game—as evident by the shot disparity of 28-13 through two periods—the Penguins entered the third in a 2-2 tie. Pittsburgh overcame a pair of New York power plays in the second—including one for too many men on the ice that had coach Dan Bylsma irate on the bench—and got even again when Dupuis scored his fifth of the series with 9:01 remaining. Joe Vitale raced along the right wing boards and flung the puck in front to Dupuis, who redirected it past Nabokov. Pittsburgh nearly took its first lead of the night in the final minute of the second when Crosby eluded Frans Nielsen behind the New York net and found Chris Kunitz at the right post for a quick one-timer that Nabokov blocked.

The Islanders showed no signs of nervousness or that the moment was too big for them, despite the lack of playoff experience throughout the roster.
New York forced the Penguins into an early icing violation that caused Bylsma to burn his lone timeout just 1:19 in in order to rest the tired players forced to stay on the ice. The Islanders kept the pressure on, and spent a large chunk of time in the Pittsburgh end—largely in the corners and behind the net—but it paid off with an early goal. Josh Bailey dug the puck out of the right corner and fed a perfect backhanded pass out to Tavares, who was left alone as he skated into the slot. Tavares grabbed the puck and snapped off a crisp wrist shot from the hashmarks that beat Vokoun at 5:36. As the Islanders celebrated, Tavares was showered with chants of "M-V-P, M-V-P" one day after he was announced as a finalist for the Hart Trophy.

The goal carried even more significance than the 1-0 lead it created as it was the Islanders' first against Vokoun in two games this series. Counting the regular season and his shutout win Thursday in Game 5, Vokoun entered with a 4-0 mark, an 0.69 goals-against average, and .977 save percentage this year in five games against the Islanders. But Crosby, also one of the three Hart finalists, created the tying goal with a strong, unimpeded drive on Nabokov. Crosby surged to the net and put a backhand on the goal. Nabokov made the stop, but couldn't grab the puck before Iginla came into the middle and poked the rebound in at 7:39. t appeared the game would remain tied until the intermission, however McDonald put the Islanders back in front 2-1 with 37 seconds left in the first. More hard work on the end boards led to the goal as Grabner fought off Martin and managed to shove the puck out front to Aucoin, who quickly sent a pass across the crease from the left post to the right, where McDonald was left unchecked. In one motion he steered the puck into the open side before Vokoun could recover.

Grand finale: Ducks get last chance to survive Red Wings in Game 7 on Sunday night

A theatrical playoff series gets an appropriately grand finale when Anaheim hosts Detroit in Game 7 on Sunday night.
Although the Ducks and Red Wings could be stressed by this test, most are treating it as an opportunity and a reward for nearly two weeks of exhausting work.
After all, somebody gets to be the hero.

"If you can't enjoy it, then you're in the wrong sport," Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf said Saturday. "These are situations that many of us have been in, but they're fun. You reach back on those things, and then just remember to embrace the moment and be ready to play."
After four overtime games, several clutch goals and plenty of wild momentum swings, the second-seeded Ducks have one last chance to finish off the resilient Red Wings, who have one final opportunity to nudge past the talented Pacific Division champions. Detroit has stayed in this series with three overtime victories, including Game 6 on Friday night, although Anaheim had to rally late just to force two of those overtimes. Every game has been in the balance in the third period, so both teams know what they'll face in the deciding game at a frenzied Honda Center.

"We were talking about that on the plane (after Game 6)," Anaheim's Corey Perry said. "When you're a kid, you go into the streets and you're playing Game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. That's the fun part of hockey. You dream about Game 7, and to be the guy to step up is special." Ducks defenceman Cam Fowler has learned a bit about playoff pressure in his first three NHL seasons, and he watched the Red Wings in countless big games while growing up in the Detroit suburbs. The 21-year-old is looking forward to his first taste of the toughest situation any team can face. "It's more exciting than anything," Fowler said. "We're familiar with them, and they know us, so it's about harnessing your emotions and playing. I'm looking forward to it. No butterflies, just excitement."

The teams have alternated wins throughout the series, with Anaheim taking a one-game lead three times, only to watch the Red Wings catch up.
The Ducks would be preparing for a tantalizing second-round matchup with Los Angeles this weekend if they hadn't allowed three overtime goals by the Red Wings, who will face Chicago in the second round if they hang on. The Ducks are playing the fifth Game 7 in the franchise's two-decade history, but just the second at home. Anaheim's most recent Game 7 was in 2009 at Detroit, where the Red Wings eliminated the eighth-seeded Ducks. Detroit is playing Game 7 for the 23rd time in its much longer franchise history, but nearly all of those decisive games were at home. The Wings are just 2-4 in a Game 7 on the road.

"I've been fortunate enough to win some Game 7's and lose some," said Detroit coach Mike Bab****, who coached the Ducks in their Game 7 loss to New Jersey in the 2003 Stanley Cup finals. "I've lost at home and on the road, and won that way, too. So it's just a big game. ... We're excited. We said all along, the shorter we could make the series, advantage us. You can't make it any shorter than this." Although Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau would rather be playing in a Game 7 than watching it from the bench, he hopes his players embrace their opportunity to create a post-season reputation that could last their lifetimes. Boudreau has already more than his share of Game 7 heartache in his NHL coaching career: His Washington Capitals went to a seventh game in each of his first four playoff series with the club, and the Caps lost three of them.

"It's a lot easier to play. You just play," Boudreau said. "Game 7 playing is a tremendous amount of fun. Game 7 coaching is not so much."
Boudreau's night could be much more comfortable if Perry emerges from his series-long goal drought. Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg finally got his first goals of the series in Game 6, pushing the Wings to the win—but the Ducks are still waiting for their first goal from Perry, the former Richard Trophy winner during his 50-goal season two years ago.

"I assume that at one point, Corey Perry is going to break out," Boudreau said Saturday. "He always has, and he always will. Let's just hope it's tomorrow."
Perry has been active and aggressive, but hasn't converted any chances into goals. Detroit has done solid work against the Ducks' top line, but few defences can contain Perry for such a significant length of time, and the former MVP is feeling urgency. "My job is to go out and score goals and do those offensive things, but it hasn't been coming," Perry said. "Hopefully you just try to do something different if things aren't going your way, but I'm not putting any more pressure on myself than anybody else is. I'm not going out there and squeezing my stick any tighter. I've had my chances, and I'm shooting the puck, I'm going to the net. One puck has got to go in—off me, off somebody. Something has got to break."

Boudreau believes stopping Pavel Datsyuk and Zetterberg are the Ducks' biggest challenges in the finale. Both veterans have ample experience in big playoff games, including four previous Game 7 appearances, while the Ducks have won just one playoff round since their Stanley Cup victory in 2007. The Red Wings aren't content with just pushing the higher-seeded Ducks to the brink in what was looking like a rebuilding season for a team with 22 straight playoff appearances. With one more pressure-packed win, Detroit can keep rolling into another series against a touted opponent.

"It just seems when our backs are against the wall, that's when we play our best," Detroit goalie Jimmy Howard said. "The urgency was there from the drop of the puck (in Game 6). There can't be any let up. We've got to have this right into Sunday night."

Pushing Back
Shorthanded from their first practice of training camp through the 104-94 Game 3 loss to the Miami Heat Friday night at United Center in their Eastern Conference semifinals series, the Chicago Bulls have remained stoic throughout — sphinx-like, even. At no point during a season defined as much by who hasn’t played as who has – no Derrick Rose at all, no Luol Deng or Kirk Hinrich for about half of this playoff run now – have they whined. No grousing, no feeling sorry for themselves, no covetous glances or comments about the relative health of their opponents. The Bulls have fallen in line behind their coach, Tom Thibodeau, who replays the same half dozen or so responses to any questions he fields about the team’s shortage of healthy players. More than enough to win. Do your job. Next man up. More than answers, they’re mantras and affirmations, repeated so often now that the fellows in Chicago’s dressing room truly believe.

Only it’s gone on too long now. The manpower disadvantage Chicago drags onto the court each game in this series against the NBA’s defending champions is starting to seize up on them. It’s frustrating, facing mighty Miami outnumbered and undermanned, and it’s starting to poke through not as woe-are-we grumbles about their injury plight but in a creeping sense of persecution. Maybe it’s not merely the unfairness of relying on the same seven or eight players night after night, the Bulls more than hinted after Friday’s defeat, while the Heat can draw a rotation from 10 or 12. Maybe it’s the impossibility of winning basketball games five-on-eight, when three on the other side have whistles. Yes, for the last few days, Thibodeau and the Bulls have gone there.

“We’re well aware of what’s going on,” the coach said after a game in which his backup center Nazr Mohammed got ejected for pushing Miami’s LeBron James in the second quarter and his starter Joakim Noah got called on what might have been an offensive rebound in the final minutes. The former, a stunning moment that saw the NBA’s Most Valuable Player toppling backwards (and looking for the best place to land as he fell), cost Chicago Mohammed’s services, which typically provide 10 or 15 minutes rest for Noah. The latter, with the Bulls down 88-83 with 3:15 to play, might have triggered a four- or five-point swing when Noah’s foul coughed up the ball and the Heat’s Chris Bosh sank two free throws.

“When you play this team, you have to have a lot of mental, physical and emotional toughness,” Thibodeau said. “And things aren’t going to go your way. We’re not going to get calls. That’s reality. We’ve still got to find a way to get it done. And we can.” That might read like typical Thibs-ese, but there are insinuations in it of a double standard at work. Thibodeau has dropped in comments about the Bulls “not getting calls” each day since their 115-78 meltdown in Game 2 Wednesday, when Chicago players were slapped with six technical fouls and both Noah and Taj Gibson were ejected. Fact is, the sense that Miami might try to muscle up in this series dates back to Chicago’s streak-busting victory on March 27. After that game, in which the Heat’s run of consecutive victories ended at 27, James complained publicly about the Bulls being overly aggressive – particularly two “not basketball plays” in which Hinrich tackled him and Gibson knocked him down awkwardly in the lane. James acted out his frustration that night, slamming into Bulls forward Carlos Boozer to earn his own flagrant foul. But the tone was set.

Game 1 flew below the radar, Miami searching for its game and its edge beneath some layoff rust and a lack of urgency dating back weeks. But Game 2 got snarly – in the tradition of Dwyane Wade pushing Rip Hamilton into the seats last season – and Game 3 wanted to go that way, too, if not for referee Joey Crawford, and his notoriously short fuse, working as the night’s top cop. Still, it didn’t stop Mohammed. After the backup center fouled James to prevent a fast break, the Miami star pushed back – harder – sending the bigger man to the floor. Mohammed got up and, without even realizing James had just earned a technical foul for that move, shoved back. James went reeling, lost his balance or folded in a little theatrics exaggerating the impact enough that Mohammed was a sure goner from the game. Easy ejection. The Bulls, however, didn’t see it that way.

“From my angle, I just saw a guy basically flop,” Thibodeau said. “And … I’m gonna leave it at that.”
Only he didn’t. Asked specifically about the refs’ decision to eject Mohammed, the Bulls coach said: “I didn’t think it warranted an ejection. I understand a flagrant foul. I understand that. But an ejection? No. No. Nope.” Mohammed said he never imagined he would get tossed, given James’ shove triggered his reaction. And that’s where the context of what had happened – the way the series has gone, the way most of the games between Chicago and Miami have gone the past three seasons – bubbled to the surface.

“I look at some plays that have happened through the series already,” Mohammed said. “Guys jumping on [Nate Robinson's] face. A Guy tackling Marco Belinelli out of bounds. Guy takes out Nate first play of the game. I mean, there have been a lot of plays that didn’t [get] ejections.
 “I’m disappointed in myself. I let my teammates down, I could have been out there to help. I’m disappointed in myself also because my son was probably watching the game. I don’t want him to see that type of behavior on the court. But I’m also disappointed it warranted an ejection for something like a push when I got pushed down first.” There also was a heated moment late in the first quarter when Miami’s Chris “Birdman” Anderson fell atop Robinson along the baseline and wasn’t getting off him fast enough to suit Noah. The Heat do seem to aim their falls so they land on opposing players, so Noah rushed over and shoved Andersen, as he was untangling from the Bulls guard. It was a sneak preview of the Mohammed-James altercation. Miami coach Erik Spoelstra brushed aside questions about the dust-ups, calling them “inconsequential” to the outcome. And, mostly, Spoelstra was right. Chicago could not get stops when it needed them down the stretch and the Heat got a big game from Bosh, unexpected help from backup guard Norris Cole and timely scoring late from James. But the Mohammed and Noah incidents did matter to Chicago, same as nudge foul by Jimmy Butler on James for a three-point play that made it 99-90. The series is one of attrition for the Bulls, so more than doling out free throws, any disparity in how fouls are assessed further shortens their bench and dictates which players Thibodeau can keep on the floor, for fear of maxing out with six. Miami can play with abandon, as the Bulls see it, because it has numbers on them. Its stars rarely veer into foul trouble – James had only three games this season of more than three fouls and never fouled out, while Wade had one disqualification and five more with more than three – and there is depth for everyone else.

“I’m watching how things are going,” Thibodeau said. “I see how things are going. I watch very closely. And what I’m seeing, we’ll adjust accordingly.”
Coming from a guy who’d rather sing the anthem pregame than make excuses or shift responsibility anywhere but within, it was telling. A sign, it seemed, that the toothache of missing players had pounded on too long. Also telling: Noah’s reaction when asked late Friday if that March 27 game and James’ gripes about it had bled into how Miami was playing and the refs were calling things now. “Nah, I don’t think so,” the Bulls center said. His words said one thing. His eye roll, broad enough for Broadway, said another.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:15:08 am Central Daylight Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:37:50 am Central Daylight Time »

Hello MidnightTCG Dark World Society

Learn to edit.
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:19:17 am Central Daylight Time »

fixed the title.

So you wrote this? You didn't just copy it from a sports article?

I had no idea you followed Hockey and basketball, I guess MidnightTCG has alot of sports fans huh?

BSA follows Hockey I think.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 10:09:19 am Central Daylight Time »

Learn to edit.

Lol exactly.

And BSA's Canadian. He must.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 02:11:10 pm Central Daylight Time »

So you wrote this? You didn't just copy it from a sports article?

This.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Kingdiepie
Viper
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +22/-0

Dark World

Combination Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 07:55:50 pm Central Daylight Time »

This.

Yes I wrote it, just kinda copied and pasted from MidnightTCG cause I was in a rush, and I hope your not being stereotypical Akrtic.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 08:00:30 pm Central Daylight Time »

I feel very...
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 08:00:55 pm Central Daylight Time »

pretty sure he said before that he is a fan.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2