Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 10:31:53 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

new monarch banishment

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new monarch banishment  (Read 146 times)
Sillva87
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

Badges: (View All)
Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Third Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Mobile User
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:43:38 pm Central Daylight Time »

Monsters:18

3 caius
3 d.d. scout plane
3 d.d. survivor
3 d.d. warrior lady
2 mobius
2 raiza
2 thestalos

spells:12
3 dimensional fissure
2 smashing ground
2 mst
book of moon
dark hole
heavy storm
reinforcement of the army
swords of revealing light

traps:8
3 macro cosmos
mirror force
torrential
solemn warning
solemn judgement
return from the different dimension

i'm missing 2 cards. any suggestions?
Report Spam   Logged
Kingdiepie
Viper
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +22/-0

Dark World

Combination Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:44:28 pm Central Daylight Time »

Vanities Fiend is cool. and End of Anubis if you lose macro and fissure.
Report Spam   Logged

Sillva87

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Third Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 05:30:26 pm Central Daylight Time »

thanks. i know that other ppl out there have a response as well. bigstinkinape, arkticdark, trainer, fever...
Report Spam   Logged
Kingdiepie
Viper

Dark World

Combination Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 06:06:12 pm Central Daylight Time »

Oh and Soul taker over smashing ground, trust me the 1000 life is worth being able to choice what you want to get rid of.
Report Spam   Logged

Sillva87

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 03:08:14 am Central Daylight Time »

yes this is my friends deck he passed away earlier this year so I'm modifying it and using it in sort of a tribute to him. he would have loved this website but he would have never had much time to be on it due to the fact that he was sick all the time. he used to run soul taker also
Report Spam   Logged
Kingdiepie
Viper

Dark World

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:11:26 am Central Daylight Time »

also forgot two staples for monarchs E-controller and soul exchange
Report Spam   Logged

Sillva87

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 04:05:30 am Central Daylight Time »

all of those cards target though. that's not good. what about me facing cards that can't be targeted? hmm.. i still say smashing is great.
Report Spam   Logged
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 04:25:10 pm Central Daylight Time »

It doesn't matter if they target because they steal the opp little monsters yo give you tribute fodder so they are staples in a deck with tribute monsters. It is a given.

Also I am thinking 9 monarchs is way too many especially for not running soul exchanges. Needs more fodder and less monarchs imo like use tomato to grab plane or run a sangan to grab plane.

and I doubt you need ROTA because all you can grab with it is DDWL and you really do not even need her. What you want is you ones that come come back for tribute fodder.

so you can easily drop rota and ddwl and a few monarchs no more than 7. And run sangan and tomato.

wait a minute... I haven't played or theory-oh'd in over a year so I think I forgot about something... tomato and sangan won't work if they are removed from grave... damn sorry I don't feel like erasing my paragraphs... lol. But still you still don't need those other cards. My other fixes still apply.

so now you need to speed this up with drawing or some other way to search for plane... hmm... how to do that? You know of any cards?

Grave Keeper Spy is good fodder because it works off a flip effect and not an effect that activates in the grave. Also good fodder is spirit reaper and You could add one more GK monster I remember being good to run with 3 Spy but cannot remember what that card was...

anyway you get my point, less monarchs and more fodder and find away to speed it up maybe if there is room.

Report Spam   Logged

Kingdiepie
Viper

Dark World

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 04:33:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

It doesn't matter if they target because they steal the opp little monsters yo give you tribute fodder so they are staples in a deck with tribute monsters. It is a given.

Also I am thinking 9 monarchs is way too many especially for not running soul exchanges. Needs more fodder and less monarchs imo like use tomato to grab plane or run a sangan to grab plane.

and I doubt you need ROTA because all you can grab with it is DDWL and you really do not even need her. What you want is you ones that come come back for tribute fodder.

so you can easily drop rota and ddwl and a few monarchs no more than 7. And run sangan and tomato.

wait a minute... I haven't played or theory-oh'd in over a year so I think I forgot about something... tomato and sangan won't work if they are removed from grave... damn sorry I don't feel like erasing my paragraphs... lol. But still you still don't need those other cards. My other fixes still apply.

so now you need to speed this up with drawing or some other way to search for plane... hmm... how to do that? You know of any cards?

Grave Keeper Spy is good fodder because it works off a flip effect and not an effect that activates in the grave. Also good fodder is spirit reaper and You could add one more GK monster I remember being good to run with 3 Spy but cannot remember what that card was...

anyway you get my point, less monarchs and more fodder and find away to speed it up maybe if there is room.

'

well guess what **** happaned genius, sangan is banned, and if anything he needs more monarchs the only thing i agree about that is the beginning and rota
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 04:01:04 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't play ygo anymore but I used to run monarchs and I know the ratio of monarchs in a deck is 6to7 monarchs. Because tribute decks are slow and he doesn't need a glogged hand.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 08:25:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

Sangan was the **** too.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Sillva87

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 08:36:22 am Central Daylight Time »

thanks for responding guys but i'll post the current monarch deck i'm using now. i also run dd survivor so i use rota for that also. i have two different versions of the deck. one runs dd assailant and dd warrior lady and dd survivor. both run monarchs. This is the latest post. funny that you mentioned gravekeepers, i actually have that in this deck.

monsters: 18
3 caius
3 gk spy
3 dd survivor
3 dd warrior lady
3 dd assailant
2 raiza
gk guard

spells:10
3 dimensional fissure
2 smashing ground
2 mst
dark hole
heavy
rota

traps:10
2 bottomless
2 macro cosmos
2 torrential
2 mirror force
solemn judgement
solemn warning

so you guys can make arrangements or edit in comments off this version. if i need to keep certain things from the previous verison of this deck just let me know. sorry for doing a run around.. smh. i know it might get confusing but yes i know sangan is banned. i can run scout planes but i'm tired of them getting smacked, i would have to know when to use them. i don't like soul exchange b/c i want to attack my opp as often as possible and bp is skipped when soul exchange is used. i'm also thinking about exchanging bottomless for ced.. idk. guess it depends on the situation also finally, i was thinking about teching thunder king rai oh.. then rota wouldn't be necessary i guess but i like to grab dd survivor when i can.

do you think 2 torrential and mirror force are too much? idk i'm just trying to make the deck really solid.. without clogged hands or too many mess ups.
Report Spam   Logged
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 10:35:28 am Central Daylight Time »

That actually looks really solid to me. Just hope you have a good side deck.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 01:28:31 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don' think you need Assailant or Lady in either build.

For a monster list I would think an optimized  list would look like this.

Cauis x3
Raiza x3
DD Survivor x3
DD Scout Plane x3
GK Spy x3
GK Guard x1
Grandmole x1
Spirit Reaper x1

18 monsters should be good. You want monsters to stay on the field for tribute so I think this is good unless you wanna add Thunder Kings instead of Grandmole and Reaper. But Grandmole is awesome.

only running 18 monsters lets you run more spells and traps and in fact you can drop reaper for a spell or trap if room is needed.

Report Spam   Logged

Sillva87

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 05:10:48 pm Central Daylight Time »

i'm still missing two cards either spells or traps. any suggestions? arktic i'll try out your monster list and see what result i get but i really still like the "dd concept" also.
Report Spam   Logged
ArkticDark

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 06:43:01 pm Central Daylight Time »

yea but concept doesn't = synergy. The synergy you are looking for here is proper fodder to tribute monster ratio. And Monsters that remove themselves counter act that synergy.
Report Spam   Logged

Kingdiepie
Viper

Dark World

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 08:06:38 pm Central Daylight Time »

yea but concept doesn't = synergy. The synergy you are looking for here is proper fodder to tribute monster ratio. And Monsters that remove themselves counter act that synergy.

But they come back lol. and banish build can be better because the meta doesn't like it.
Report Spam   Logged

Sillva87

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 08:14:35 pm Central Daylight Time »

Ok. Exactly kdp. Lol. I like banish because it's simple and annoying and to be honest it's the only deck that i really hate going up against. There are other annoying decks but once i see macro cosmos or df it's over lol. I need to.replace rota and bottomless. I live dark bribe except my opp draws a card. once again any suggestions?
Report Spam   Logged
Kingdiepie
Viper

Dark World

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 08:39:18 pm Central Daylight Time »

Evac is really goos this format, against dragon rulers in game one you need to win by making them use up all there dragons so the can recycle them. this wastes there dragons and causes them to wear down
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 08:42:59 am Central Daylight Time »

ok so how does DD warrior lady and DD Assailant come back? Because those are the cards I'm talking about him not needing. So what are yall talking about!
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 01:52:50 am Central Daylight Time »

Compulsory has been great ever since Xyzs came out.
Report Spam   Logged

Sillva87

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 02:35:23 am Central Daylight Time »

ok so ddwl and dda are not needed i get it but i always liked ddwl because she could take out monsters like marshmallon and reaper. that's why i like her. anything that stalls as a monster because easily removed, so i would need an alternative to that. ok so i take out bottomless for evac. no problem. i run 3 of those in my gkp deck. also i need some more ideas or spells and traps cause i think my options are limited being that i don't know what the most up to date spells and traps do. so please throw some in, make a list and i can look them up cause i play ygo online. they have everything up to date. so for rota i don't really need it, what should i put in to replace it?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:46:57 am Central Daylight Time by Sillva87 » Report Spam   Logged
Kingdiepie
Viper

Dark World

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 04:48:09 am Central Daylight Time »

ok so ddwl and dda are not needed i get it but i always liked ddwl because she could take out monsters like marshmallon and reaper. that's why i like her. anything that stalls as a monster because easily removed, so i would need an alternative to that. ok so i take out bottomless for evac. no problem. i run 3 of those in my gkp deck. also i need some more ideas or spells and traps cause i think my options are limited being that i don't know what the most up to date spells and traps do. so please throw some in, make a list and i can look them up cause i play ygo online. they have everything up to date. so for rota i don't really need it, what should i put in to replace it?

where do you play online?
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:48 am Central Daylight Time »

You don't need an alternative because you have 6 or 7 monarchs for that. And your deck would he optimized to get them out the quickest possible. And if you only run 18 monsters you can run an extra trap and spell for removal. 

Plus grandmole is a reusable resource.
Report Spam   Logged

Sillva87

Dark World Fortune +7/-0

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 11:23:22 am Central Daylight Time »

ok. i got it. i run mole. that's good but i still need to take out some stuff. ok my monster list is officially what arktic posted as a suggestion. so that's my new monster list now. i guess i could take out rota for bom? earlier in a post arktic you said i could drop reaper, but for what?

im saying that i don't know about the spells and traps that are out now so i wouldn't know what's best to put in. and i took out the bottomless for CED so that's my traps. smashing ground is still a good card because there are cards mostly monsters that can not be targeted with anything and smashing would solve that. monarchs target so that's dead, i'm not saying it's more than likely but it's definitely probable...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2