Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 12:19:40 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ideal Pokemon Party

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal Pokemon Party  (Read 534 times)
Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Badges: (View All)
Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:59:21 am Central Daylight Time »

If you were transported to the world of Pokemon and were allowed to choose 6 Pokemon for your party as a Pokemon Trainer, what would they be?

Rules:
1. No Legenedaries.
2. You must pick the pre-evolved form.
3. Evolution restrictions aren't as heavy. Gameplay wise, it is interesting that Alakazam evloves from Kadabra, but only when traded. In reality, this wouldn't make much sense. So Alakazam can simply evolve at a certain level (levels don't make much sense in reality either but think of that as experience or age I guess). To evolve a Kingdra though, you will still need a Dragon Scale.
4. They will start out at the lowest level. (You can't pick a level 90 Eevee).
5. You can select any number of Egg Moves (they have to be able to learn obviously), but any TM or HM you want, you will have to buy or find through your travels (relearned moves must still be aquired through whatever means are possible based on the area, i.e. Heart Scales in Fallabor Town).

My Pokemon Party:
1. Chimchar, Egg Move - Fire Punch, Double Kick
2. Seedot, Egg Move - Bullet Seed, Foul Play
3. Magnemite
4. Swinub, Egg Move - Ancientpower, Icicle Spear, Avalanche
5. Ralts (in anticipation for the new Fairy type), Egg Move - Destiny Bond
6. Dratini, Egg Move - Dragon Pulse, Water Pulse
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:03:44 pm Central Daylight Time »

I actually spent a whooole day thinking about what team I would own if Pokemon were real a few weeks ago!
I think HM's are just something in the game. In real life you could just hop fences, climb/destroy trees, and no one needs to teach your Water-types to carry you.

Sneasel: Ice Shard, Brick Break, Ice Punch, Night Slash - He'd be like my "Pikachu" since I think Sneasel/Weavile fits my mischievous character pretty well. A small, quick on-foot PkMn suited for mid-close range combat (Shards & arm attacks) that's also great for taking down Dragons, tough Psychic-users and other small, fast PkMn without risking too much.
Charmander: Flamethrower, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse - essentially will become a fearsome Charizard that makes itself more powerful when it can create distance by soaring into high altitudes. Think of Ash's Charizard's performance against Iris's Dragonite, but this time able to go beyond its normal capabilities with Dragon Dance.
Gible: Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Draco Meteor - Just look at what Cynthia's Garchomp does in the anime
Scyther: Agility, X-Scissors, U-Turn, Double Team - Will drop DT for Bullet Punch as a Scizor, trading speed for power.  Basically uses Agility for instant close-in to X-Scissor slice or Bullet Punch critical points. Scyther will move like a Trans-AM Gundam Exia.  A well executed Agility-U-Turn can get Scyther back in and bring out a counter.
Eevee: Quick Attack, Heal Bell, Take Down, Bite.  It will eventually become...
Jolteon: Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam - deals with fast special attackers like Starmie & Gengar that can be trouble for the team.  Gyarados counter.  Volt Switch unites the team.
Staryu: Rapid Spin, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam - Using Rapid Spin turns Staryu into a difficult-to-hit moving target that pummels its enemies with ranged attacks.  All-around sweeper.

Once everyone evolves, this team is actually pretty balanced and powerful.  I feel like Gengars, Psychic-users (hard-to-hit Starmie, strong Alakazam) and resilient Dragons will be common in the world-level Pokemon League.  Gengars can just turn into shadows (though I imagine attacking the spot they are at will still hurt them - they're just evasive). Remember Mewtwo's Psychic in the movie?  There must be some tough Alakazams who could have a Psychic almost as powerful.  Gotta have a Pokemon that is either immune, or fast enough to strike first or even strong enough to resist/break the Psychic-user's concentration.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:06:00 pm Central Daylight Time by PkMn Trainer » Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 11:20:15 pm Central Daylight Time »

My favorite Pokemon is Alakazam. But Really I would be a fire type trainer and I would aspire to be a fire gym leader.

So If that was the case it would be:
Charmander: Ember, Scratch, Smokescreen, Dragon Rage.
Growlith: Ember, Flame Wheel, Bite, Takedown.
Magby: Ember, Fire Punch, Smoke Screen, Smog.
Houndour: Ember, Fire Fang, Bite, Smog.
Elekid: Thundershock, Thunder Punch, Rolling Kick, Karate Chop.
Abra: Barrier, Teleport, Confusion, Kinesis.

Although,  Pokemon irl wouldn't be restricted to knowing only 4 moves at a time. You could potentially teach a Pokemon to learn any maneuver it can physical and mentally do. Like Turning Ember into a firespin or flamewheel or firefang... they are all basically the same maneuver. Or a Electrabuzz doing a Karate chop is pretty much a Thunderpunch at the same time. So weaknesses will also work differently or just not work at all maybe. None effects like electric and ground might still work slightly.

My traveling companions would be Houndoom and Alakazam as they are my 2 favorite pokemon of all time. And traveling bareback across country at Extreme Speeds on my Arcanine while my Houndoom follows would be nutz.

I would probably start matches with a tag team of electrabuzz and magmar.

I also really like Golduck, he is my favorite water type.  And my second favorite type overall is fighting.

I actually, for years, have been making a list of the 36 pokemon I would have irl. If it was real. Most of them are fighting and fire types. So making a list of just 6 was very hard for me just now... I had to dig deep. I also love cubone and Marrowak... geeze...

I would carry 6 belts or straps with six pokeballs on each strap. Like across the chest and stuff. Maybe even gauntlets with pokeballs slots on the back of em. I seperated them into 6 teams with different purposes.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:32:10 pm Central Daylight Time »

If you were transported to the world of Pokemon and were allowed to choose 6 Pokemon for your party as a Pokemon Trainer, what would they be?

Rules:
1. No Legendaries.

****. I need more time to think.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 01:35:33 pm Central Daylight Time »

Arktic has it thought out.   Houndoom & Arcanine are awesome.  I also like Alakazam & Electabuzz.

Fever would get eaten by Rayquaza 100% of the time.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 01:56:01 pm Central Daylight Time »

I'd let Rayquaza eat me. If you know what I mean...
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 01:57:23 pm Central Daylight Time »

^ If you want to be part of a legendary so bad... be my guest.

Well we know Fever's into that serpentine bestiality now. Confirmed.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 01:58:43 pm Central Daylight Time »

It's Buu fusion for Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 02:07:14 pm Central Daylight Time »

: I If that's what you believe. You probably do dirty things (i.e. "fncked in the ass" to quote you) with Dittos.  I've already reported you to the Pokemon Police Department.  Your Trainer ID has been suspended and your Pokedex will no longer qualify you for any Trainer events.  Officer Jennys are tracking you down as we speak to take custody of what Pokemon you have. Probably sh!tty-ass Rattatas and Bellsprouts. Ha!
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:45 pm Central Daylight Time »

Ditto is Majin Buu.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 02:11:12 pm Central Daylight Time »

Ditto is Majin Buu.

Cross-species magical bullsh*t Fever you're high!!

dis is u, fgt:

Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 02:16:40 pm Central Daylight Time »

fak u jimmy.

How tha hell can you pick Jolteon anyway? Das agenst da rools.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 02:20:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

fak u jimmy.

How tha hell can you pick Jolteon anyway? Das agenst da rools.

lrn2rd I had Eevee listed.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 06:03:32 pm Central Daylight Time »

1) Charmander

Obviously. My favorite starter of all time.

2) Pikachu

That's right fgts. Pikachu is fun because its tough to train but pays off in game. I always go to catch one in Viridian Forest and train it to fight Misty and it f**ks Gary's Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pideot and Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise.

3) Horsea

Powerful hybrid that can turn into a beast.

4) Snorlax

Big f**ker. Would be fun to have around.

5) Dratini

Again. Hard as **** to raise but WORTH it.

6) Shelgon

huehuehuehuehue
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 07:36:22 pm Central Daylight Time »

Fever would have a Munchlax.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 07:40:33 pm Central Daylight Time »

Oh yea I found my list and I remember cutting it down to 30 instead. All I need is 30. But that would be all along the way to becoming legendary.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 08:23:59 pm Central Daylight Time »

Forgot about all that pre-evolutionary bulls**t. If they went back and made stage 1's, chances are that I don't like those Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 10:21:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

Dragonite's a faag.

4) Snorlax

Big ****er. Would be fun to have around. [/b]

You heard it right here, folks.  Fever admits it.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 12:35:44 am Central Daylight Time »

fak u. Dragonite would beat your ass.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 03:39:10 am Central Daylight Time »

Barney-ass motherfncker.  Only thing Dragonite beats is his dik. fgt
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 07:22:55 am Central Daylight Time »

So we like Dragonite, DEAL WITH IT! 
I like how different all the teams are, yet all are pretty similar too.
Seems everyone wants to be sure to have at least 1 fire, electric, and dragon (I'm counting Charizard as a dragon type Arktic) on the team.
I actually, for years, have been making a list of the 36 pokemon I would have irl. If it was real. Most of them are fighting and fire types. So making a list of just 6 was very hard for me just now... I had to dig deep. I also love cubone and Marrowak... geeze...
Yeah I found it very hard too. There are many great Pokemon I want but had to let go to get other ones. Houndoom, Arcanine, and Charizard are so **** great and cool looking, but in the end I had to pick my favorite Infernape. Also, I like the idea of riding a Mamoswine more than an Arcanine.
In the end I wasn't 100% satisfied with the line up, but the most important part of a team for me is vareity. So all my Pokemon have different types.
I wasn't thinking of becoming a Gym Leader (I thought you would go Fighting Gym over Fire Gym), I may make a second list while keeping that in mind...
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 08:55:07 am Central Daylight Time »

My list of 30 has a team for me being a Fire Gym leader and a Team for me being a duel gym leader in my fighting type team. And I have a few that I would use as an elite 4 member if I ever became that legendary. And I have my weaker team for wondering around and challenging young prodigys.

But for this exercise I went the fire trainer route.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:57:20 am Central Daylight Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 02:07:07 pm Central Daylight Time »

Fire gym would be pretty damn awesome. Hopefully, you have Fire types with other moves so they don't get swept by a Water Trainer.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 02:39:13 pm Central Daylight Time »

nah I don't think so. It would be under real life terms not virtual terms. Most water pokemon would not be able to fight out of water because they breath underwater. And if you hit a fish with a fire ball while it is flopping around on land that fish is lunch. And if you squirt a monkey or lizard or dog with water they will be ok. Water gives life to all creatures even fire breathing dragons so... like I said weakness will be pretty much gone.

And as for land walking water types like golduck, blastoise, feraligator? I won't have any bodies of water in my gym so those pokemon's water reserves will run out quick. Water types are doomed in my fire gym.

Electric would actually be the deadliest.

Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 07:23:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

This is Pokemon. We can't discuss realism here lol. I'm not gonna go there.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 1
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1