Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 03:55:16 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Ideal Pokemon Party

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
3 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal Pokemon Party  (Read 536 times)
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Badges: (View All)
Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 08:25:19 pm Central Daylight Time »

Oh I went there. I still would not allow bodies of water in my Gym. In fact My gym battles would take place on a volcano.

Them B!tches better bring a Gord.

Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 10:20:19 pm Central Daylight Time »

Electric would actually be the deadliest.

This is exactly what I thought.  But for the sake of "Pokemon," I'm kinda imagining it like the manga.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 06:46:14 am Central Daylight Time »

Electric would actually be the deadliest.

In terms of how our reality is, yes. But your not having Pokemon come to our universe with the same laws of physics. You are going to the world of Pokemon where these things are equally powerful and physics works differently. Electricity is constantly shown in the anime as not being as powerful as it is in our world. Things get zapped all the time and they just flinch or get hurt. In our world they would be temporarily paralyzed for quite awhile, and that's just at low voltage (The move Thunderbolt would kill most things in our world). Don't think about how our world would be with Pokemon, it wouldn't work. You are going to their world where physics works slightly differently.
So in terms of the Pokemon world, I think you mean Rock and Ground would be your biggest weakness. Rock Pokemon don't get much love but they are very good actually. For example, Charizard would get 1 shoted by a single Rock Blast. It may not make sense for how things work in our world, but they do work in Pokemon world, whether it makes sense to us or not.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 07:35:34 pm Central Daylight Time »

There are some very stupid weaknesses like Bug weakening Psychic and Dark? I get that Bug may defensively resist those types but why have bug do better damage to them offensively? Dumb!

And why does Rock weaken Fire? I get Ground but Rock?
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 11:58:56 pm Central Daylight Time »

In terms of how our reality is, yes. But your not having Pokemon come to our universe with the same laws of physics. You are going to the world of Pokemon where these things are equally powerful and physics works differently.

THANK YOU.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 11:41:34 pm Central Daylight Time »

Yeah Arktic play by the rules!

There are some very stupid weaknesses like Bug weakening Psychic and Dark? I get that Bug may defensively resist those types but why have bug do better damage to them offensively? Dumb!

Dunno. Works really well as anti-meta.

Rocks crack in heat... Charizard "melts rocks" according to its Pokedex info... I dunno.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 09:47:46 am Central Daylight Time »

There are definately type match ups that don't really make sense, but again that is for our world. Maybe Bug's in the Pokemon world have a natural anti-Psychic/Dark field. Perhaps Rock type moves have anti-oxidizing effect that removes a small amount of oxygen from wherever they strike. I don't know how EXACTLY how things work in the Pokemon world, but I accept that they do.
If you brought in the original creators of Pokemon and asked them, 'how the hell does a bug beat a psychic?' they might not even give you a good answer. But these are the rules that they have set for us, so we will also abide by them.
Maybe you should start a thread about the problems you have with Pokemon. Or a thread about what changes to Pokemon you would make. Or maybe a thread about a brand new world that has similarities with Pokemon but is more logical in our sense (be careful, you will likely have a super type that beats all other types).
No point complaining in this thread about how your choices need caveats in order for you to want them lol. Fire Gym will still be a very powerful gym, regardless of how many weaknesses they have. Or sh*t, start a thread identical to this one but instead of us going there, Pokemon coming to our world, that would certainly change things.
Otherwise, in the immortal words of Justin Timberlake 'Cry me a river.'
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 11:13:20 am Central Daylight Time »

I'm not crying stooge!

I would still do things the same regardless.

So going into the world of pokemon as in TV show or as in Gameboy world?

Because it makes a difference in some things I think. Like flying on a Sparrow and such things. Like a Sandshrew swimming in a pool. The tv show is the Pokemon world and they have some realism involved there.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 12:16:02 pm Central Daylight Time »

I'm not crying stooge!

I would still do things the same regardless.

Because it makes a difference in some things I think. Like flying on a Sparrow and such things. Like a Sandshrew swimming in a pool. The tv show is the Pokemon world and they have some realism involved there.

Manga.  It's like a mix of both with some realism (i.e. battling is actually dangerous).
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 12:40:15 pm Central Daylight Time »

Which is why Pokemon and logic should be discussed lol. You shouldn't be able to Wing Attack a Ghost. But hey. If Ghost were unaffected by any physical attacks then they would be OP.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 01:35:31 pm Central Daylight Time »

Game + Manga, OK guys?

And Fever lol if Ghosts were like that, couldn't we also argue that they, being spirits, could not affect physical bodies at all? How would they conjure up physical energy being basically "nothingness?" 

I know the Gastly family is made of gases, but if Ghosts had the super supernatural ability to turn into a true Ghost form that would probably only be affected by Ghost-type attacks and some Dark moves like Dark Pulse... Holy-

But uh, good ol' "Pokemon" rules lol.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 01:37:06 pm Central Daylight Time »

lol yea ghost pokemon either wouldn't exist or would be the true dark type.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 03:36:33 pm Central Daylight Time »

F**k, we gotta go with 1st stage!?  Well, here's my list.

Chimchar
Pancham (for those who don't know it's evolution is Dark/Fighting)
Riolu
Meditite
Sawk
Elekid

Yup, all fighting team.  I would also keep a Tyrogue (with Thunder Punch and Ice Punch) in the box to swap out Sawk occasionally.  I would also like to do an all starter team.

Chimchar
Charmander
Piplup
Mudkip
Turtwig
Pikachu
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
ArkticDark

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 08:37:39 am Central Daylight Time »

Idk if Pikachu would count as a starter really. That was just a one off.

an all starter team?

Chimchar
Torchic
Charmander
Totodile
Treeko
Feiniken (however you spell that.)

Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 02:21:12 pm Central Daylight Time »

Idk if Pikachu would count as a starter really. That was just a one off.

an all starter team?

Chimchar
Torchic
Charmander
Totodile
Treeko
Feiniken (however you spell that.)

Double-post removed. ;o  Wonder if I shoulda actually quoted the double post lol. --anyway--

And it's "Fenniken"
Report Spam   Logged

RedRider
Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +4/-0

One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Mobile User Arcade High Score! Looking For Something?
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2013, 03:33:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

HMMM how abouts
 Charazard
 Feraligator (with ice punch and chomp)
 mewtwo
 alakzam
 salamander was it?
 kingdra
 haha
Report Spam   Logged
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2013, 09:29:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

What the hell's "chomp." Lol  Crunch?

No legendaries please.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2013, 09:47:49 pm Central Daylight Time »

HMMM how abouts
 Charazard
 mewtwo
 alakzam
 salamander was it?
 kingdra
 haha

read the first post please and follow the rules.
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 09:20:24 am Central Daylight Time »

F**k, we gotta go with 1st stage!?  Well, here's my list.
Yeah, the reasoning behind the decision is you are given these Pokemon by a Pokemon professor and have to train them yourself, and I don't think they would give you a fully evolved Pokemon of high level.

Yeah I never liked the show so when I made this thread I had only the game rules in mind. But you can go with either rules from the show or the games (since they are both 'Official'); your choice as you make the list.
HMMM how abouts
 Charazard
 mewtwo
 alakzam
 salamander was it?
 kingdra
 haha

Lol, he said 'f*ck the rules, I'm a rebel'.
So Red, your real list would have to be:
Charmander
Totodile
Abra
Horsea
(no substitute for Mewtwo so gotta think of something else)
(Slamander? describe the Pokemon your thinking of cuz there are a few that could fit that description, Whooper, Scraggy, Salamence (Bagon), etc.)
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 12:58:02 pm Central Daylight Time »

When's Fever gonna make his team?
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 01:16:51 pm Central Daylight Time »

When's Fever gonna make his team?

jim pls reed da ferst pg pls.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2013, 02:13:27 pm Central Daylight Time »

jim pls reed da ferst pg pls.

whens u gona make a good* teem ty.

lol jk. I fuhgot.
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2013, 07:39:39 am Central Daylight Time »

I like the Gym leader trend so I'm going for a second list and becoming the Ice Gym Leader.
1. Swinub-Mamoswine
2. Sneasel-Weavile
3. Smoochum-Jinx
4. Snorunt-Froslass
5. Spheal-Walrein
6. Snover-Abomasnow
I like snow and cold and didn't want to fight for the right to be the Dragon Gym Leader lol.
Just realized that all the first stage of these Pokemon start with S, creepy.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 08:43:11 am Central Daylight Time »

(no substitute for Mewtwo so gotta think of something else)

Here's a thought.  How about Mew?  Still a legendary so not eligible and technically not a pre-evolved form as Mew is the original and Mewtwo is a clone, but still...
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 09:21:21 am Central Daylight Time »

Well I'm thinking in game terms again, not anime. Mew is much weaker than Mewtwo in the game (Mewtwo is STILL one of the strongest Pokemon in the game). The best thing Mew is used for is as a HM slave lol. But yes still Legendary so not a substitute even for this thread.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3