Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 02:21:05 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Top 5 Female Anime Characters (Or Guys)

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 Female Anime Characters (Or Guys)  (Read 316 times)
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Badges: (View All)
Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 01:17:48 pm Central Daylight Time »

For me:

1) Asuka Langley Soryu [Evangelion] - strong, hotheaded, capable.  bestgirl.  I love these qualities.
2) May [Pokemon] - strong & capable.  bestgirl in PkMn. With a Blaziken (& Venasaur), she's a strong trainer & is like a more peaceful but still competitive Asuka to me.
3) Bulma [Dragon Ball] - been too long since I've seen some good oool' Dragon Ball, man.

After her... I really do not favor any particular female characters.  That may change after I finish the beautifully animated Bakemonogatari.  Numerous friends say it's their fave anime + tons of feels.

Kou, from the new anime Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, is quickly becoming a character I love.  Quite a pleasant surprise for me!  She has the character design I've always looked for!

Just look at this:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:18:21 pm Central Daylight Time by PkMn Trainer » Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 04:16:47 pm Central Daylight Time »

lol an anime about swim club? That is like Tennis King
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2013, 05:28:20 pm Central Daylight Time »

Free! is way different.   It's more about the characters and how they interact than the sport, but the swimming scenes are animated beautifully.  The story & atmosphere vs the sport itself, which I believe is a great move for sports that have "the same" kind of action.*  It's a bright anime for enjoyment.   Haruka's love for water is just lol...

"Prince of Tennis" wasn't that interesting to me... The idea of makin' tennis "cooler" with all those effects was just ridiculous to me personally. Only this one guy who played tennis was kinda into it lol.

*Some sports are just better than others for actiony entertainment.  Like in basketball, all sorts of different plays that can lead to some big play & sweet dunk.  Football also has many plays & Eyeshield 21 took care of it well. The players' special abilities made all the charging & maneuvers awesome. 

Boxing... Well, that's fighting so boom, add some h0ep and power & it's mega awesome. But imo, because tennis is a constant exchange... it just comes down to 2 ppl runnin' & hitting a ball and that's doesn't make good entertainment w/o some over-the-top effects.  It's like, that is all they got.   I mean, you aren't gonna animate a tennis match with the same zoomed out camera angle like an actual match on TV.  You hafta do close-ups.  And that turns into the same ol', same ol' that NEEDS to be spiced up, and I think it's kinda ridiculous for actions that don't "go hard," like a vigorous rush or a body blow. Same thing for swimming - it's a bunch of strokes.  Like it's hard to present it as "awesome" in that typical shounen way. 

But, Free!'s crystal clear animation coupled with the idea of "being free" (what goes on in the swimmer's mind) + emphasis on some powerful kicks off the pool wall & pushes to keep up (but keeping these cuts short) & audience responses makes it exciting without the need for ridiculous exaggerations (that I just don't feel truly fit these kinda sports).

tl;dr It's hard to make a sports-based series that focuses on the sport's actions itself. Some are simply more dynamic and suitable for this kind of entertaining presentation.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Sir_404d
Scarr, Scout of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +10/-0

Looking For Something? 50 Posts Poll Starter Mobile User 10 Posts
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 07:39:33 pm Central Daylight Time »

Most of these I don't wish to explain much so here I go...

5: Kohta Hirano (HOTD) I like him for how easy it is to compare him to myself.
4: Shion (No. 6) A basic vanilla person because he stops bulls**t bees.
3: Seras Victoria (Hellsing) because we need a strong female protaganist from a shonen series.
2: Shiina (Angel Beats!) Because her cute is at 9000
1:Kurisu Mikase (Steins; Gate) #1 Waifu 4eva! #yoloswag420noscopeandotherbullsh*t
Report Spam   Logged
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 08:57:25 pm Central Daylight Time »

YES

^ Right here. +1 for being an AB! fan.
One question: dit u cri? ; n ;

I'll check out Steins; Gate one day, too.
;o
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:57:50 pm Central Daylight Time by PkMn Trainer » Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 08:09:39 am Central Daylight Time »

Wow, I leave for vacation and then they want to start listing... COOL!

Yoruichi from Bleach is awesome, I forgot about her (and I love cats, what's wrong with me?)
Teresa from Claymore, is that the one with the super fast sword? Yeah she is definately badass (if not, uh who is that again? lol).

Couple of peeps saying May from Pokemon, man I wish I could watch that anime. I just can't help hating on it as I watch it.
Me watching the first season of Pokemon: 'That's not possible you stupid f*cks! A Pikachu can't beat an Onix!!!'
My cousin: 'Well the anime is just more realistic, I mean if the Onix was soaked then the electricity would affect it then.'
Me: 'Realistic? REALISTIC? Ok, ok, no ok. Then Pikachu killed Ash and he is dead...
My Cousin: No, he
Me interupting: 'Who could live from 1000s of volts of electricity, multiple times in a day? PIKACHU KILLED ASH AND THE ANIME IS OVER. I'M DONE, THIS IS STUPID. *mumbles and walks away* I'm going to look at p0rn.

Asuka from Evangelion. You know I almost put her in my top 5 too. I had just finished reading the manga a couple of weeks ago. Man, she is a good character. I think the only reason I didn't put her as number 5, is that I didn't have room for her and Rei at number 6 lol. Out of repect for Rei I could not single out Asuka. I LOVE THEM BOTH! Oh and the ending to the manga is different than the anime and the movie. Pretty good ending.
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 08:25:23 am Central Daylight Time »

Most of these I don't wish to explain much so here I go...

5: Kohta Hirano (HOTD) I like him for how easy it is to compare him to myself.
4: Shion (No. 6) A basic vanilla person because he stops bull**** bees.
3: Seras Victoria (Hellsing) because we need a strong female protaganist from a shonen series.
1:Kurisu Mikase (Steins; Gate) #1 Waifu 4eva! #yoloswag420noscopeandotherbullsh*t
Guys and girls, you bi bro? Hey I ain't hatin, to each his own.

Shiina has a cuteness at 9000? Angel Beats, never heard of you, but I believe I need to check you out!
Yoloswag, I think you gave Fever an aneurysm lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 04:21:32 pm Central Daylight Time »

Lol alright then. Welcome back from vaycay.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 05:44:19 am Central Daylight Time »

Lol alright then. Welcome back from vaycay.
Good to be back... except I'm back at work... damnit.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 10:57:49 pm Central Daylight Time »

Well dammit Dracian, we can't have any sort of fantasy series ever if we always followed real life science.

Respect for considering Asuka.  An honorable mention is honorable.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 12:09:14 am Central Daylight Time »

Hell yea Theresa is badass!!! Most beautiful,  Strongest, Fastest Claymore!
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 06:42:21 am Central Daylight Time »

Well dammit Dracian, we can't have any sort of fantasy series ever if we always followed real life science.

Hey now I didn't say anything like realistic science BS. I'm totaly ok with the game of Pokemon. Everything is explained in a way that makes it easy to believe that it works in their world. What I don't like is when they change sh!t for the anime. I already have an understanding of the world of Pokemon from the game and don't want to have a seperate knowledge for the anime. I was saying how they try to be 'realistic' to explain how Ash somehow manages to win all the time even though HE HAS SH!TTY F*CKING POKEMON!!!! Pikachu is not strong, and if Ash's Pikachu is special THEN F*CK YOU POKEMON! If Ash's Pikachu is special then let me have special Pokemon too. I want a super strong Eevee with badass stats for all it's evolved forms too. I also want a very fast Empoleon. I also want Staraptor to be able to learn Strength.

...HOW THE F*CK DO I END UP TALKING ABOUT POKEMON IN EVERY DAMN THREAD!?!?
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2013, 08:14:16 am Central Daylight Time »

lol!
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2013, 02:52:04 am Central Daylight Time »

I'm just gonna let you know that the Pokemon anime is now nothing more than a tool the writers control to get kids absorbed in Pokemon so they will buy their games and other merch (cards & dolls/toys).  At first, Pokemon did have some meaning & great scenes, but it's nothin' more than a shallow kids show now.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 01:27:47 pm Central Daylight Time »

I'm just gonna let you know that the Pokemon anime is now nothing more than a tool the writers control to get kids absorbed in Pokemon so they will buy their games and other merch (cards & dolls/toys).  At first, Pokemon did have some meaning & great scenes, but it's nothin' more than a shallow kids show now.

Same for Zexal.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 03:19:25 pm Central Daylight Time »

It seems that way doesn't
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2013, 08:48:16 pm Central Daylight Time »

Realistically, Pokemon and YGO have always been that way.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2013, 11:26:18 pm Central Daylight Time »

Well I already told you guys. The writers said the show would end if Ash ever one, so they explicitly stated they're never making him win.

ZEXAL at least follows a plot. Not that I give a sh*t about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2013, 01:17:23 am Central Daylight Time »

I used to like the original shows but now I see that I was naive lol. Pokemon anime is quite frustrating to watch now.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 03:47:17 pm Central Daylight Time »

I used to like the original shows but now I see that I was naive lol. Pokemon anime is quite frustrating to watch now.

It was actually good though!  Remember when Ash got stuck in that snowstorm & his Pokemon came out of their Poke Balls to keep him warm? i cRy EvRy TiEm.  And of course those episodes where Charizard wanted to get stronger.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 04:13:44 pm Central Daylight Time »

I remember that. I just wish that Ash didn't lose all the time. Like that would be weird if Yugi lost all the time but got a second chance. It gets old. But it's like, "YUGI LOST??????"

You feel that.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2013, 04:38:31 pm Central Daylight Time »

I remember that. I just wish that Ash didn't lose all the time. Like that would be weird if Yugi lost all the time but got a second chance. It gets old. But it's like, "YUGI LOST??????"

You feel that.

Alvin trolled me by bringing up Raphael from that sh*tty non-canon arc.

Well like I said, Pokemon show is a tool.  A tool that has lost its shine now, too.

Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2013, 07:47:38 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't think I saw that.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2013, 11:37:47 pm Central Daylight Time »

I don't think I saw that.

It was in PM's. That basturd.
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2013, 12:58:22 pm Central Daylight Time »

He loses all the time and yet still manages to get all the badges. If they put Ash in the game, he would be just a random trainer on Victory Road lol. And he wouldn't be a challenge at all. Nothing but a high level Pikachu and 5 level 10-20 other Pokemon lol. Your talking about the good old days of Pokemon anime but May is only mid ways through the anime, so what about her is so good? Is she actually good? I guess she looks pretty cute, but I've never seen an episode to know what makes her so attractive to you guys.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2