Dark World Society
April 19, 2024, 02:38:38 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [Official Thread]

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [Official Thread]  (Read 254 times)
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:28:06 pm Central Standard Time »

Here's the first official trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Let's discuss.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:52:30 pm Central Standard Time by Fever » Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Dragon in the Shadows
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:36:29 pm Central Standard Time »

I saw Vulture's wings and Doctor Octopus's arms...Could this mean a possibility of an Amazing Spider-Man flick with the Sinister Six?
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:34:49 pm Central Standard Time »

sinister six would be cool but I only see 5 villians possibilities. Electro, A Goblin, kinda looks like maybe Hobgoblin, Doc Oc, Vulture and god damn that was probably a mecha suit for Rhino.

So this movie will basically say that Oz Corp is responsible for creating all 5 villians. That is a little wack. Especially the Mecha Rhino.

But besides that, it looks good. I am excited to see this movie.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:55:48 pm Central Standard Time »

Especially since they didn't really show Rhino it's **** lame. Three enemies is too much for one film. No way will this end in a non cliche dumb way. It's like Spider-Man 3 all over again. OzCorp be making all the enemies too. Mixed feelings on how the new Harry looks.

Stuff I like though, new suit is niiiice. Gwen gon die.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 08:00:04 pm Central Standard Time »

Agreed that Gwen will probably die.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 08:08:00 pm Central Standard Time »

Emma Stone just doesn't look good blonde. She must die!
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 05:49:54 am Central Standard Time »

I liked Spider-Man 3 BECAUSE of the multiple villains. I know a lot of people hate on S3 cuz of that, but I disagree with them. Only thing I didn't like about S3 was emo Peter. I think Amazing Spider-Man 2 is going to have 3 villains minimum.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 08:35:44 am Central Standard Time »

Probably.

Should be a good movie either way, they have a good team.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 02:43:06 pm Central Standard Time »

Emma Stone just doesn't look good blonde. She must die!

If they do kill off Gwen they better do it the traditional Amazing Spider-Man way.  Spidey goes to catch her, doesn't match her velocity and winds up snapping her neck.  Let me see if I can find a pic...

Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 12:14:05 am Central Standard Time »

it would be a big deal for them to kill Gwen. Man that would be quite the scene. Would they do it?
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 04:43:53 pm Central Standard Time »

I wonder. This would be interesting if they did. Set up for emo Spider-Man in 3.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 05:29:09 am Central Standard Time »

And turn the black suit into a Spider-Man 3 cliché?
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 10:03:28 am Central Standard Time »

Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 01:53:27 pm Central Standard Time »

No not emo black suit but something better. If they are doing Amazing Spiderman Story line then Venom is far off. Venom is in the days of Eddie Brock and Mary Jane. So if they do a secret wars movie then they can put Venom in Spiderman.

Latest rumors is that one of Peter Parkers professors in this movie is Miles Warren. Who happens to be the Jackal. And Jackal is the guy who clones Peter Parker and makes Ben Riley. So the next Spiderman movie will probably be About the Jackal and the Scarlet Spider.

Also, Jackal uses Gwen's dna to clone her which with her being dead, is basically a resurrection of Gwen Stacey.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 02:35:45 pm Central Standard Time »

I'm still not a fan of the reboot but hopefully the second movie wins me over. But good luck to them to do it in two and a half hours with 3 villains.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 07:24:47 pm Central Standard Time »

3 villains is really nothing at all if they do an opening scene like one of the cartoon episodes, where often it opens with a fight. Like that Rhino fight. If they start the movie with everyone's friendly neighborhood spiderman doing his regular duties of defeating villains, then opening with a fight scene with a simple villain like Rhino and not giving any setup to the fight would be absolutely acceptable. It would also get the 1st villain out of the way and an afterthought while the story focuses on building up to the other villains. With Goblin coming in probably half way through and They final battle being against Electro. It is completely managable. But of course Goblin probably won't get a full on fight scene with him defeated but he will probably pop in and out a few times while escaping without a fully committed battle.
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 06:29:10 am Central Standard Time »

I think Oz Corps is going to play a huge part in the story and is likely the link for all the vilains in the movie. Hell, I bet that's how Electro gets his powers. I doubt we will get a backstory for Vulture and Rhino. Probably only Electro and Harry (Goblin I'm sure) which will be linked somehow. Very doable, and like I said before, multiple villains is not a problem, JUST MORE HYPE!
I like how everyone was saying 'yeah they could kill Gwen that would be very interesting' and it ended with 'emo Spider-Man noooooooooo' lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 06:43:56 pm Central Standard Time »

Multiple villains is a problem. You have to tie in these characters with the story while having room for character development. Usually one or more characters get neglected or outshone by the others if it isn't done correctly. It's hard to pull off three villains without creating a cliche ending or bombing the movie altogether.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 07:04:37 pm Central Standard Time »

The whole 3 villain thing has only been done a few times.  Excluding the X-Men movies, which is team on team, it's only been done in Batman and Robin and Spider-Man 3 (at least those are the only two I know of).  In the case of Batman and Robin it was a big mistake.  Really the only reason they did it was to have a villain for each hero...And it sucked.  Now Spider-Man 3 handled it better, but it still didn't work out as they probably planned.  And in the end they had to turn Goblin into a good guy to even the odds.

What I'm getting at is the 3 villain plot is risky and I doubt they'll take that route.  50% chance of crap, 50% chance of decent.  Not good odds and the positive end doesn't necessarily lead to big profits at the box office.  They'll probably have Goblin as a lesser role, as he is Norman Osborn and you can't get rid of him if he's making the villains.  I do expect Goblin to fight obviously.  Perhaps early on to test Spider-Man's abilities before making Rhino.  Shocker's origin story involves a lab accident so I suspect that will occur during the construction of Rhino.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 07:16:26 pm Central Standard Time »

Spider-Man 3 is a prime example of why three villains is bad. I was hyped for it. I really was. But it was mushy and cliche all around. No way could Spider-Man defeat all three.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 06:02:30 pm Central Standard Time »

The whole 3 villain thing has only been done a few times.  Excluding the X-Men movies, which is team on team, it's only been done in Batman and Robin and Spider-Man 3 (at least those are the only two I know of).  In the case of Batman and Robin it was a big mistake.  Really the only reason they did it was to have a villain for each hero...And it sucked.  Now Spider-Man 3 handled it better, but it still didn't work out as they probably planned.  And in the end they had to turn Goblin into a good guy to even the odds.

What I'm getting at is the 3 villain plot is risky and I doubt they'll take that route.  50% chance of crap, 50% chance of decent.  Not good odds and the positive end doesn't necessarily lead to big profits at the box office.  They'll probably have Goblin as a lesser role, as he is Norman Osborn and you can't get rid of him if he's making the villains.  I do expect Goblin to fight obviously.  Perhaps early on to test Spider-Man's abilities before making Rhino.  Shocker's origin story involves a lab accident so I suspect that will occur during the construction of Rhino.

ok first, I believe from what the trailer shows that the Goblin will actually be Harry Osborn because the trailer shows him with his skin turned pale and and his hair turned red. Now when the trailer starts it shows Harry with a more healthy complexion and not red hair. Then at the small glimpse of Goblin they give us it is from the behind but at the side also and it showed him to have pale skin and red hair. So I believe that The Goblin will he Norman's son and not Norman himself just from the evidence. Although we know the Goblin is supposed to be Norman, they may have messed it up.

2nd, it is not the Shocker. It is Electro. And I believe that they are keeping Electro contained at Oz Corps. Because he was created when struck by lightning.

Spider-Man 3 is a prime example of why three villains is bad. I was hyped for it. I really was. But it was mushy and cliche all around. No way could Spider-Man defeat all three.

The point is that in the movie, Black Suit Spiderman can fight 2 villians. There isn't a 3rd villain the whole movie until Peter rejects the symbiote. Venom is one of the few villains Spiderman actually cannot hold back on. In actuality, Spiderman can fight 6 villians at once. He fights the Sinister six all the time. And Spiderman always always holds back against every villain. Proof is from when Doc Oc steals Peter Parker's body and becomes Spiderman, Scorpion attacks him and with just one punch he punches Scorpion in the face and blew his jaw off with only one punch and that is a foe who is very strong. All because Doc Oc didn't know to hold back.

Point being, Spiderman is strong enough to lift 10 tons so... he has super strength and if he really hit one of those villains at full strength or even just half strength, he could take down each of those 3 villains.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:07:23 pm Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 07:07:46 pm Central Standard Time »

My bad.  I meant Electro not Shocker.  I'm pretty burnt out with coping with budget cuts and looking for a new job.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 11:52:57 pm Central Standard Time »

Super Bowl trailer

Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 06:24:06 am Central Standard Time »

I'm not convinced the other villains will be full blown villains yet. I think Electro will be THE villain, while the others will just simply be present. I see Rhino and Vulture being minor villains that Spider-Man defeats BEFORE Electro gets his powers. I think Electro and Goblin may fight 'together' though. I'm really loving the digital sound to Electro's voice, it sounds so bad@ss.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 08:36:18 pm Central Standard Time »

I don't think Vulture will make an appearance this time.

Have I ranted about this Electro origin yet?

That is Ultimate Spiderman's Electro, origin and all being used in Amazing Spiderman... so wrong... but at least the ultimate universe has the cooler Electro.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 7
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1