Dark World Society
April 18, 2024, 11:14:08 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [Official Thread]

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
3 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [Official Thread]  (Read 252 times)
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2014, 11:13:05 pm Central Standard Time »

Such a childish way to become a villain.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 05:37:07 am Central Standard Time »

The more Marvel movies come out, the more I stop complaining they aren't exactly like the comic books. Certain things still bother me while others don't.
For example: Galactus in The Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer was a giant ball of gas. That's stupid, WTF. The Origin of Electros power, couldn't care less. The Mandarin NOT being the manderin basically lol, yeah I got a problem with that (granted not much of one till I actually looked up the Mandarin, dude was bad @ss). The Silver Samurai being a big silver robot, not a problem for me.
I guess for me it's more about the look and feel. If I feel the movie adaptation is equal or better than the comic book then I'm good. If it is even more stupid than the movie then I don't like it.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:48 pm Central Standard Time »

Technically Silver Samurai was an armored suit.  That was a bit iffy for me.  In Iron Man 2 it was said that other countries were decades from having armored suits; however that could be explained if one assumes that movie takes place at least 10 from Iron Man 2.  Not to mention that would provide a gap in which Days of Future Past could take place which would allow them to use the adamantium claws with no needed explanation.  Time will tell if that theory is accurate.

Mandarin was a major disappointment for me being an Iron Man fan.  Part of me wishes they called it quits with Mandarin in the first movie with the Ten Rings.  Galactus was no big deal for me.  I always thought of the giant planet eater as unpractical.  An amorphous cloud makes more sense scientifically.  However for those diehard Fantastic Four fans I would like to point out that there is the possibility that Galactus might not have been the cloud, but could have been in it.  Watch the scene where Silver Surfer flies into the cloud carefully.  I was going to post a video, but can't find one of decent quality.

My point is that going off story arc can sometimes work and definitely be used to work around certain holes in other movies.  But they have to be careful in doing so.  And lets all try to remember some origin stories occurred in the 60's if not earlier and reflect what was occurring at the time.  Iron Man for example was first published in 1963.  At that time we were at war with Vietnam and going with a stereotypical Asian themed super villain was acceptable.  But that conflict is over.  Could Marvel have gone with North Korea for Iron Man's origin?  Yes.  Would it have been more accurate?  Again yes.  But would it have been right?  No.  It would have been a publicity nightmare and viewed as insensitive by the public.  Instead they chose a non-existent Arab country, which again plays off on what was happening at the time.
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 04:47:26 pm Central Standard Time »

Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 09:00:54 am Central Standard Time »

Technically Silver Samurai was an armored suit.  That was a bit iffy for me.  In Iron Man 2 it was said that other countries were decades from having armored suits; however that could be explained if one assumes that movie takes place at least 10 from Iron Man 2.  Not to mention that would provide a gap in which Days of Future Past could take place which would allow them to use the adamantium claws with no needed explanation.  Time will tell if that theory is accurate.

Unfortunately Iron Man marvel doesn't coinside with X-Men marvel doesn't coinside with Spider-Man marvel. At least not yet. Different studios own parts of marvel goodies so Wolverine can't be in the Avengers unless they pay Fox a piece of the pie. Same with Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghostrider, etc. So they have never explicitely mentioned mutants in Spider-Man or Avengers yet. Here's a good article to read about this subject: http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/
I think this is starting to change though since they are putting Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the next Avengers movie. Maybe one day we can have a huge Marvel Ultimate alliance type movie with a sh!t ton of super heroes and villains. That would be nuts.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 11:10:35 am Central Standard Time »

nah, quicksilver and scarlet witch have shared rights, that is all that is.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 12:53:51 am Central Standard Time »

Good.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

ArkticDark

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 11:11:56 am Central Daylight Time »

So I saw this movie and it was pretty damn good.  Despite its ventures away from comic cannon it in return gave back in comic cannon that would not be expected. I liked it alot. This is probably on of the best Marvel Movies of all time. Top 3 for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 3
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3