Dark World Society
April 20, 2024, 05:09:16 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice [Official Thread]

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice [Official Thread]  (Read 371 times)
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:37:18 pm Central Standard Time »

So with Ben Affleck cast as the next Batman, Wonder Woman was announced to join in on the film as well with a confirmed actress for the role. Gal Gadot. Best known from the Fast and Furious franchise. Do you think she is fit for the role? Let's discuss. This thread will be updated as more information comes in.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:52:56 pm Central Daylight Time by Fever » Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:38:05 pm Central Standard Time »

so is this a Man of Steal 2 thread? Or More Justice League oriented?

Also this chick is not a good fit for WW as she is too small and not fit enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:59:41 pm Central Standard Time »

so is this a Man of Steal 2 thread? Or More Justice League oriented?

Also this chick is not a good fit for WW as she is too small and not fit enough.

Not Justice League. Apparently, it is still a Superman movie but Batman and Wonder Woman are included. Movie title hasn't been announced yet. Hopefully they call it World's Finest.

Anyway, I agree. She's too thin and I am not confident that she can be a Wonder Woman. Appropriate training can change that though. I already fear for this film with Affleck behind Batman.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 08:07:07 pm Central Standard Time »

after seeing Runner Runner, I am not worried about Affleck. He will probably do fine.

also it all being a superman movie is lame. I guess that is how they wanna ease the market into a full fledged WW movie later on.

The title Batman and Superman deserves its own movie.

also it shouldn't be VS. Why would it be Batman vs Superman??? It should be AND. Batman and Superman.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 08:10:40 pm Central Standard Time »

after seeing Runner Runner, I am not worried about Affleck. He will probably do fine.

also it all being a superman movie is lame. I guess that is how they wanna ease the market into a full fledged WW movie later on.

The title Batman and Superman deserves its own movie.

also it shouldn't be VS. Why would it be Batman vs Superman??? It should be AND. Batman and Superman.

Runner Runner? I heard that movie was absolutely terrible. According to the reviews anyway, it ranked way too low. That doesn't help me feel better.

Man of Steel was a great movie. And it was solo Superman obviously.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 10:03:30 pm Central Standard Time »

reviews are reviews tho. If you haven't seen the movie then you actually don't know.

and I was talking about Affleck's role as a bad guy not the movie as a whole so.....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:03:54 pm Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 10:22:57 pm Central Standard Time »

No way will he be a better Batman. He couldn't top Val Kilmer if he tried. I think the film will be bad because of this but nothing will top Nolanverse Batman. I hate Afflecks voice.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 01:42:05 pm Central Standard Time »

Bale was a bad Batman. The only role Bale fit was Bruce Wayne.

That is the problem with most Batman Movies.

They should just use 2 separate actors in every batman movie to be Bruce and Batman.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 04:33:09 pm Central Standard Time »

Bad? Lol no.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 08:09:57 am Central Standard Time »

yes bad. His stupid, overly deep, throat voice for batman was laughable. And his fighting abilities are atrocious. All of Bale's fight scenes suck. And what parts make up Batman? Voice acting and Action scenes. Nuff said!

Bale however made a great Bruce Wayne. But when he put the suit on... it was a hokey performance that was saved by the movies themselves. Dark Knight Rises was just bad. It had the worst fight scenes of the trilogy and the worst voice acting of the trilogy and the worst plot holes of the trilogy. Bale's physical prowess was also lacking compared to the 1st two movies. The action sucked and it was a bad movie.

The Joker role saved the 2nd movie. And the trilogy only became huge because Heath died and left behind such a damn good performance. The 3rd movie only had one good acting scene and it belonged to Alfred.

Also the 1st movie Batman begins was good and popular because it was a new way for the mass media to portray batman for the masses. To the masses this was a new look for batman and it was intriguing.  The concept of the Dark Knight sold the 1st movie. Bale probably did his best batman acting in Batman Begins but lacks in the other 2 movies.

So the 1st two movies did well for other reason besides Bale and I stick to my opinion that Bale was a bad Batman but a good Bruce Wayne. He just didn't have the voice or the moves to pull it off well enough for me.
Report Spam   Logged

death0lover
Now a Dargin ruler player... Yay...
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +6/-0

Chocolate Giddy Uuuuuuuuuuuup!

One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Karma's A Bitch Dark World Fortune Unlocked Looking For Something?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 03:55:13 pm Central Standard Time »

Bale as batman sounds like he is gargling hot asphalt.

Or hot nut. lol.
Report Spam   Logged

When's Mahvel?

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 04:32:54 pm Central Standard Time »

yes bad. His stupid, overly deep, throat voice for batman was laughable. And his fighting abilities are atrocious. All of Bale's fight scenes suck. And what parts make up Batman? Voice acting and Action scenes. Nuff said!

Bale however made a great Bruce Wayne. But when he put the suit on... it was a hokey performance that was saved by the movies themselves. Dark Knight Rises was just bad. It had the worst fight scenes of the trilogy and the worst voice acting of the trilogy and the worst plot holes of the trilogy. Bale's physical prowess was also lacking compared to the 1st two movies. The action sucked and it was a bad movie.

The Joker role saved the 2nd movie. And the trilogy only became huge because Heath died and left behind such a damn good performance. The 3rd movie only had one good acting scene and it belonged to Alfred.

Also the 1st movie Batman begins was good and popular because it was a new way for the mass media to portray batman for the masses. To the masses this was a new look for batman and it was intriguing.  The concept of the Dark Knight sold the 1st movie. Bale probably did his best batman acting in Batman Begins but lacks in the other 2 movies.

So the 1st two movies did well for other reason besides Bale and I stick to my opinion that Bale was a bad Batman but a good Bruce Wayne. He just didn't have the voice or the moves to pull it off well enough for me.

LOL!
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 02:46:21 pm Central Standard Time »

nice sig Death, you play marvel now?
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 04:51:47 am Central Standard Time »

I just read this thread for the first time and I don't like what I'm hearing.  Affleck as Batman is a worse idea than Affleck as Dare Devil...And we all know how bad an idea that was.
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
ArkticDark

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 09:06:19 am Central Standard Time »

I am going to go ahead and give him a chance. He has come a long way acting wise since dare devil. I think it will be fine. Plus, we don't know era of batman they will be drawing influence from, it probably won't be of Dark Knight era influence. 
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:39 pm Central Standard Time »

He didn't get any better between Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dare Devil, so I doubt it.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 07:00:17 am Central Standard Time »

Daredevil was made 10 years ago. Have you seen Argo? At least look up reviews for Argo.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:02:42 am Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 06:42:24 pm Central Standard Time »

Nope, since Dare Devil if Ben Affleck is in it, I don't see it.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

RedRider
Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +4/-0

One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Mobile User Arcade High Score! Looking For Something?
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 04:08:38 pm Central Standard Time »

isnt dc comic well not that well like for example they make superman too overpower the faact he is indestuctible only weakness is krypton and dc movies like superman or batman movie wasnt that great because its too cartoon side blargh RedRider out see yas later
Report Spam   Logged
Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 06:14:49 pm Central Standard Time »

At least the weakened by Kryptonite thing is slightly possible.  The whole red sun thing confuses the s**t out of me.  I mean is he weakened by just red suns or can he be weakened by the much hotter red giants or red supergiants?  And what about the cooler and more common red dwarfs?  And what the f**k happens if the red sun is part of a binary system with a yellow sun which, as we all know, gives him his powers?
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 11:36:27 am Central Standard Time »

it has to do with the radiation of the color of the sun I think. His home world had a red sun and so he has no powers under a red sun. The red sun doesn't weaken him but it turns off his powers. It doesn't drop him to his knees in pain like kryptonite does. And also I never understood why kryptonite a piece of his home world would cause him pain. Because all the people standing on the ground of their planet were not in constant pain. Maybe it is because his body is filled with radiation from a yellow sun. Maybe kryptonite wouldn't hurt him under a red sun... idk time to google it.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 04:54:51 pm Central Standard Time »

Wouldn't "turning off his powers" be almost the exact same thing as weakening him?
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 12:28:57 pm Central Standard Time »

nah. Weakening as is causing pain and bringing him to his knees. I mean the red sun makes him back to normal as he was born. As in a lack of super powers.

if you say kryptonite weakens him then it isn't the same to say the red sun weakens him. Because the kryptonite harms him.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:29:44 pm Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2013, 02:19:05 pm Central Standard Time »

Yeah, well I say it's the same simply because while in a weakened state as a result of a red sun he loses his powers and thus can be injured by conventional means.  While we are on the topic of stupid Superman s**t, do you think he can get a sun burn from a red sun?
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

ArkticDark

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2013, 04:01:46 pm Central Standard Time »

I don't know because his body has photosynthesis
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 7
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2