Dark World Society
April 18, 2024, 03:50:54 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Final Fantasy 13 BS

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 13 BS  (Read 83 times)
Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Badges: (View All)
Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:01:12 am Central Standard Time »

I just watched the ending to Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns and I have to vent right now. There are likely spoilers in this so if you want to kill your self and play this game yourself then you probably shouldn't read this.

When Final Fantasy 13 was announced I was super excited. When it came out I had a lot of fun with it. It had a great story, great characters, and good battle system. The ending was touching but solid, it gave closure to the world and it should have ended there.

Then they announced FF13-2. I thought: 'Why are they making a sequal? Are they going to bring back Vanille and Fang somehow?' I wasn't super hyped for it, but I got it anyways cuz it's Final Fantasy. I really enjoyed it. They improved the battle system and made it even more fun. The story got a little wonky cuz of time travel, but then that always makes a story a little wonky. Without spoiling too much for those who have yet to play it (DON'T PLAY IT!), the whole tone of the game I would say is hope. Hope for finding Lightning, hope for fixing the time lines, hope for helping Yuel, hope for making everyone happy. And as you progress you do in fact help people, fix timelines, and start making the world peaceful again. Then I beat the game............. Again, I won't spoil it if you want to be dumbfounded yourself. Basically, the ending of Final Fantasy 13-2 invalidates everything you did in the game up to that point. Oh you fixed those timelines? Not really b!tch, HAHA! Oh you liked those alternate timeline endings? Those are completely meaningless stupid, HAHA! You thought you helped everyone including the main character? MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT SUCKER!
... until today, it was the worst ending I've ever witnessed. (I've heard Mass Effect 3 ending is the worst of all time, but I've never played it.)

But hey, at least it doesn't invalidate the entire series and make everything seem like a big fat joke right? *cough* Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns ending *cough*.
To be fair, I haven't played through the game, so I don't have the context or tone of the game up to that point. But the ending is so stupid, I don't think playing it could make it any better lol.
SPOILERS!!!
In the ending of FF13:LR Lightning kills God, creates the big bang and with it our world, and all the souls of their world are reborn to inhabit this new planet that looks identical to Earth. AKA, Lightning is so awesome she created our world.
This ending is so stupid, I think I have to feign ignorance, drink myself stupid until I forget about this, and just believe with all my heart that FF13-2 and FF13:LR are an alternate universe not connected to FF13 in any way. Yeah, YEAH, that's what I'll do. The true cannon ending is FF13. These other games aren't related. FF13-2 is just a dream Serah had one night. And FF13:LR is just a dream Lightning had one night.
Sigh... I used to love Final Fantasy. Maybe, juuuuuuuuuust maybe, FF15 will be better. But I'm not going to buy it until someone tells me it's great. I'm tired of this. My head hurts. I'm upset.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:24:52 pm Central Standard Time »

lmfao!!! No way!!! Wow!!! 15 should be way better. More along the lines of FF7ish.
Report Spam   Logged

Dracian
uses Eruption!
Gren, Tactician of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +9/-0

Dark World Fortune Unlocked Doing Your Job Arcade High Score! 50 Posts Signature Move
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 07:13:35 am Central Standard Time »

I'm not even hopeful for it. I'm going to assume it's garbage. That way I'm not disappointed if it is bad, but I'll be plesently surprised if it's good.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 09:50:39 pm Central Standard Time »

Wondering if I should read this... Well then again, I'm not gonna play these games.   Maybe I'll read a plot overview first.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 01:24:00 pm Central Standard Time »

I'm not even hopeful for it. I'm going to assume it's garbage. That way I'm not disappointed if it is bad, but I'll be plesently surprised if it's good.

Ha! I think like this often now.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 3
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2