Dark World Society
April 19, 2024, 11:10:45 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The moment you realize your stupidity

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
4 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The moment you realize your stupidity  (Read 105 times)
Dragon in the Shadows
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:53:34 am Central Standard Time »

Lets face it, we all have that moment when we realize we've been duped or made a fool of ourselves and all we want to do is either hide or bang our heads against the nearest wall and repeatedly say "Stupid, stupid, stupid".  Well, I recently had one of those moments.

Not too long ago I helped a new customer; got him the scooter and helped him find various departments.  And as I was leaving I told him if he ever need any help to feel free to come to me.  Well, yesterday I saw him pulling a flat bed with a 50 inch TV on it.  Naturally the warning bells started going off.  Why hadn't James called me over?  Why is he pulling a flat bed when they are for employee use only?  Why no page announcing that a TV was going out?

Sure enough he came up to me and asked if I would load it for him.  Not missing a beat I told him I had to take my break and it was scheduled.  He said he had to go to Layaway anyway.  At this point one of the service desk girls was about to get mad at me for making an excuse not to help the customer, but the front end manager thought it was an excellent move on my behalf.  I contacted LP and told them I would be outside and ready to assist.  10 minutes later I hear the flat bed in motion and get into position near the exit.  LP springs the trap and the guy starts to bolt and gives it up once he sees me.

So where is my stupidity?  Well, I showed him the electronics department and DIY which is where he got the wire cutters.  And I mean I showed him the exact aisle with the f**king wire cutters.

And I'm not the only one feeling the stupidity right now.  James was feeling it for abandoning electronics without having some one around to watch.  One of our softlines people saw him go into a stockroom, not sure if she saw him emerge with the flat bed.  And the service desk girl I mentioned earlier fell for the old receipt trick.  How she could think that a $700 50 inch TV could somehow ring up at $120 is beyond me.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my moment of Duh.  Feel free to share your own.
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:12:36 pm Central Standard Time »

Shop Your Way Rewards
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:49:45 pm Central Standard Time »

I bought ghosts a few weeks ago, but havent got to play it cause of a moment of stupidity.

I know my local walmart in and out, so much so I know there is roughly 10 mins where no one is guarding the game section that works in electronics. Anyways I went their to avoid the overly anal electronics guys cause frankly, their assholes, whom think deciding who can purchase what game(by stating it's been reserved) gives them power. They've **** with me before and I have reported them, and nothings come of it....cause they are assholes.

Anywho, I went during the 10 minute window got someone from jewelery to use THEIR key to the locked case to get ghosts, and ring it through at their desk. as I went to go pull out my $60 + in bills, I look at the register. it came up as $6 not SIXTY, SIX DOLLARS! So, that moment of clarity pops up where honest me says I should point out the mistake, and dishonest me points out I need to buy food and pay a phone bill soon, SO dishonest me wins that argument. I hand her a $20, get my recipt and game and 2 minutes later I'm out the door approximately 56 dollars richer then I expected to be with game in hand.

fast forward 3 days, after some double shifts and no sleep I FINALLY get to play my new game. I'm happy as a pig in ****, drop the disc in to the tray, watch it start to load, and then I get black screen....Okay, forward some more about 45 minutes more, after I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work, and it simply wont load. I panic realizing the disc is **** and now I have to cart it back to customer service and roll the die with the "$6 for COD ghosts" receipt.....then I consider how they did ring it through and I do have a receipt and it's less than 14 days AND I have wrappings, a disc, a case and besides a questionable total on a recipe, everything I need to demand the "if it's faulty we replace" clause on purchases over $50(regarding electronics). After that consideration I head back in triumphant, expecting this to end well.

"Im sorry sir, we cannot replace your faulty merchandise"

"why not, I have receipt, game, case wrappings and it's less than a week, let alone 14 days. Store policy dictates you MUST replace it."

"there is not 13 digit code on the receipt, meaning you either bought this somewhere else and forged the receipt, or you got someone besides the Eletronics department to ring this through cash..."

"Slander not withstanding, if the latter is true....what difference does it make. I've seen TV's and other games come through the front and side entrance cashiers no problem."

"While that is true sir, I would suspect that none of those items have ever been replaced successfully either, even when factory default is proven. "

"Because.....?"

"...Because the Register in the electronics department has a built in system to catch registry errors and double check pricing and cataloging of items. Case in point, your receipt states you purchased a $60 game for all of $6. while I cannot be certain, it is likely the code for the digital item cataloger for this game and some item in the Electronics department likely share all but 1 of 18 digits in their catalog code. The electronics department register would have scanned and picked up that 1 digit difference and rang up the actual total of the game, a different register in the store, even this one here at customer service,would not. It is for that reason we have signs up stating "it's better to pay for electronics purchases in the electronics section" throughout the store."

"So your telling me your system got the price wrong... your registers, which ALL-COULD-HAVE said error checking systems built in or coded into the mainframe, do not have the capability to pick this kind of a discrepancy up and despite me having proof a employee of YOUR STORE approved the purchase and allowed question of said product at register value ALONG with all components, contents, and casings and or warping so of said product I am being forced into returning cause of FACTORY DEFECT, you will not reimburse me OR replace my product....Why can someone NOT from that department open the display cases with keys n their lanyard if only Electronics can truly approve a proper purchase of a product?"

(and my moment of stupidity is right about here)

"Sir im sorry, but this all could have been solved if you returned from what ever register you purchased this in store first, the day you noticed the mistake in price, to Electronics and asked them to void the sale and paid the difference in price. In the future please purchase and pay for all electronics in the electronics section."

Like **** right off, I cant even catch a break.  I was totally willing to pay the price it was SUPPOSED TO COST at another section and had cash in hand to do it....I wasn't even expecting or hoping for the register failure....but go figure, not only is MY COPY mis-coded/rings up the wrong item in the catalog,but it's ALSO FAULTY! >.>

needless to say I'm taking this as a sign and just not buying into ghosts.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 07:57:51 am Central Daylight Time »

funny thread
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 7
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4