Dark World Society
April 18, 2024, 12:10:16 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

New game mechanics coming summer 2014

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New game mechanics coming summer 2014  (Read 111 times)
Dragon in the Shadows
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:30:36 am Central Standard Time »

Looks like this summer will see the rise of Pendulum Summoning.  Little is known of it as it is still new in Japan, but it appears to have something to do with having two monsters on opposite sides of the field interacting with each other.  The new Pendulum monsters, for those who haven't been doing their research, are orange that fades to green with an additional text box which has a blue diamond on the left and a red diamond on the right with numbers under the diamonds.

Now my research might be wrong on this, but it appears that when you have two Pendulum monsters on the field you can Special Summon monsters whose level is between the red diamond of the monster on the right and the blue diamond of the monster on the left.  If this is the case then if the blue diamond is 2 and the red diamond is 8 you could Special Summon a monster with a level between 2 and 8.  Of course there is the possibility that it could be the difference between the two numbers instead, but the first is what I keep hearing from multiple sources.

Further known changes involve two new zone slots especially for Pendulum monsters.  Rumors include the possibility that two field spells will be able to be active at the same time.  As soon as I can get my hands on a translated rulebook I'll update with more information.

Quote from: Konami
You may have recently become aware to some changes in the basic rules of Dueling that are being adopted in Japan and other OCG territories. At this time, there are no changes to announce for all TCG territories. The next update to the rules will occur this summer when we’ll be introducing a brand new type of card to the game that blurs the line between monsters and spells! We hope you’ll look forward to this very exciting Dueling development!
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:01:15 pm Central Standard Time »

This is ridiculous. Utter bulls**t. Are they trying to kill off the game?
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Dragon in the Shadows

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 03:57:16 am Central Standard Time »

Nah, they are trying to keep it vibrant.  You have to remember other added game mechanics (Syncros, Xyz) have had people saying the same thing.  I myself made fun of Xyz saying the next new mechanic was going to be Abc.  I even pronounced it Ah-b-zees.  I do see a bit of a negative impact at first, but in the long run it should actually help the game to survive.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 10:39:00 pm Central Standard Time »

Nah, they are trying to keep it vibrant.  You have to remember other added game mechanics (Syncros, Xyz) have had people saying the same thing.  I myself made fun of Xyz saying the next new mechanic was going to be Abc.  I even pronounced it Ah-b-zees.  I do see a bit of a negative impact at first, but in the long run it should actually help the game to survive.
This game has changed. That much is clear, I'm not saying it as a "gen wunner" of sorts. It is fact, and while change can be good, you have to wonder what kind of game this becomes as these changes occur? Sure, it may attract new people, and may even sell to those people and some of the old people, but is it going to keep the game alive, or is this like many past changes since "the duelist genesis" just a stepping stone konami is using to convert us from a unique entity in the gaming world (non mana platform, minimalist hand size and board, opportunity for players to run numerous stratiges outside core set/archtypal theme and the biggest of all no set rotations!) to something that, by way of mechanics like synchros, XYZ and now pendulums, slowly whittle away at the players choices of cards till you effectively are forced into "only the last 2 years" worth of product being valid for play?

Call me crazy but this game is starting to look like were going to end up a bunch of wizards of the coast posers....the cards may have "yugioh!" stamped on them, but it's feeling less and less like a game I get or like playing, and more and more like the headache and "rubber stamp" styles of play I've seen in MTG and pokemon.....I'm worried they are distancing themselves TOO much from the games origins.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 08:08:01 am Central Daylight Time »

I have never gone to a Magic tournament before so I don't really get the animosity towards Magic guys from Yugioh guys. I always just play casually with a group of friends who are also casual players. I am not into the actual competitive scene of card games at all. I don't have drive or money for that
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 08:29:11 am Central Daylight Time »

I never really cared for the competitive scene.  Everyone just runs top tier decks with little variation.  Really rather boring when you think about it.  The whole Yu-gi-oh copying Magic never made sense to me, not that I care.  The fact is both have been around for a long time.  It's only natural that they would start to borrow from each other in some respects.  They both want to sell cards and trying to draw players from other games is a decent way to do it.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 3
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1