Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 04:02:48 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Kisara's Castle:Shrine-Rulers

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kisara's Castle:Shrine-Rulers  (Read 123 times)
BigStinkinApe
Master of the "spinny-rolly chair" style
Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +24/-0

"The only one who can walk in both worlds"

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:09:29 pm Central Daylight Time »

I recently came across a very interesting engine to be running in dragons, and it piqued my curiosity. without further adieu, the deck:

Meet "my take" on this idea of "blue-eyes rulers". More than that, this deck plusses like mad, and really does not get UN-managable hands(short of drawing like all level 8+offerings which I have yet to have). It might seem odd, especially with my ruler searches (particularly water and earth) but it runs quite well. 

I dunno how I did it, but I did it. This thing has advantage plays for days, decent to high consistency, and a MOUNTAIN of summon power. Traps make the power plays, spells draw dragons for days, and the monster line works in many different ways. It's actually quite cohesive, and in spite of it still being rough, I could see this being easier to side than most of my prior BEWD decks. The rulers all have at least 1 decent search target (I'll explain further on in detail), they all fuel the yard and allow me flex plays to yard blue eyes for the ultimate goal of getting off shining and forcing players to outmatch my unmatchable monster.

The real synergy of the rulers is thanks to their targets. It's very minimal line, very spartan, and may need additions/swap outs, but all in all the deck functions very well in spite of it's roughness. Each ruler has it's own innate bonuses, as well as the ability to rapidly flood my board with great synchro material or great XYZ fodder. Blaster in particular nets flamvell guard, whom is also a decent size and a vanilla and a tuner. Tidal nets dragon ice, who is actually my key to orient plays and is a decent sudden wall that has actually saved my butt a lot in testing;no one expects to out gun a 2200 wall when they make a 101 play, but fewer still plan for their dark hole into 2500> atk push to fail to the wonders of ice+ castle! Tempest is the "google" of the deck and personally nets red-eyes wyvern whom sets up REDMD, my ringleader to this summon spam circus. Lastly, redox has the most questionable, but highly lucrative play in the deck: Vanguard of dragon. I long hated this card for it's awkward restraint on how it gets a vanilla, but I now realize that when your yarded monsters are pluses a sudden 17-2600 OR BETTER beater is just evil. In fact, his effect is somewhat of a means to apply compound interest to a bad situation for the opponent (I send stone, get a card make a 2k swing over your 1800-2000 attack, next turn they opt to make a 2100 and push over when castle pumps him using that very stone, or a card to generate another +1 like an elemental dragon or eclipse wyvern and suddenly that 2k beater is 2700*!).

What's sick about this is the potential. Just picture the beauty of a late game Dragons mirror after they see shining long gone and blue eyes banished/yarded and no way to make ultimate: A +5 dragons mirror. YES, A PLUS FIVE OFF OF DRAGONS MIRROR. I said it, you read it! Four elemental dragons and eclipse wyvern, suddenly folds into a 5k summon with UP TO FIVE cards added to hand. flipping a top deck play to having your armada back online. a once dead top deck spell now can potentially go break even or plus on the summon of one of the largest threats in the game!

Some spells have a niche play or two, but they all are key. One offs like silvers can make truly damning plays, like reviving a shrine'd darkstorm only to Gemini and pick off your own castle to rip away a back-field while resurrecting a tyrannical titan from your banished zone. The traps only bolster the looping and cycling. Break turns dead cards into power plays, castle can be broken to trigger a platooning effect on the field, and incarnation like ALL of my back row is easily chained, and sets up plays thanks to banishment by card effects or just dumb luck with REDMD being a BTH magnet.

The twisted part is how easily seed can kick this hybrid into overdrive. Synergy is high in this build, very high, I've not played a deck packing so much anger and violence that can take field wipes so well in years. I did a test run in unrated vs someone elses 2014 build (looked like some hybrid of zombies and warriors and TG) and I walked into, and pushed through 2 whole excition knights, dark hole,torrential, AND black rose consecutively AND STILL won 5500-0. Boards of bosses can be lost and reforged on a dime.

The only things I want right now is to shoe-horn a monster reincarnation (really becoming a thing) or beckoning light into this to snatch back BLS and make more banish plays. Also, I'd kind of like to find space for something like debris/mythic wood dragon to make it easier to rank into emeral for the recursion of non-4 element, non-dragons or perhaps 1-2 skill prisoner (respect scoops to BESD are appreciated and happen, but for those who don't prisoner would be nice. prisoner is also becoming a thing). Thoughts?

(* dunno if vanguards boost is permanent or till turns end that he discarded in)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:18:21 pm Central Daylight Time by BigStinkinApe » Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

"I am beginning to think that it is all of you whom are blind."-Toph bei fong

"Where it all began, and where I shall begin...again"-
BigStinkinApe

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 08:16:58 pm Central Daylight Time »

No one interested in my super powered dragons.
Report Spam   Logged

"Disturb not the harmony of fire,ice and lightening...Lest these titans reek destruction upon the world in which they clash..."-

derpworld
Renge, Gatekeeper of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +8/-1

Vereor Nox...

Second Year Anniversary Signature Move One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Looking For Something?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 07:01:07 pm Central Daylight Time »

Dude great job now I'm going to build this in real life!!!!!
(Thumbs up)
Report Spam   Logged

Do you think our life is in a predetermined pattern, or is it a random sequence of events?- overheard from a citizen of Albion
derpworld

Dark World Fortune +8/-1

Vereor Nox...

Second Year Anniversary Signature Move One Year Anniversary The Right To Vote Looking For Something?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 07:04:59 pm Central Daylight Time »

Holy crap I tried these guys on dn. Not bad......not bad at all
Report Spam   Logged

Do you think our life is in a predetermined pattern, or is it a random sequence of events?- overheard from a citizen of Albion
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:40:30 pm Central Daylight Time »

Blue Eyes Cannons!
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

derpworld

Dark World Fortune +8/-1

Vereor Nox...

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 05:18:28 pm Central Daylight Time »

Blue Eyes Cannons!

Hehe.... cannon
Report Spam   Logged

BigStinkinApe

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 09:05:35 pm Central Standard Time »

this deck has long changed but it is quite fun to use and decently strong. how did it test for you derp?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1