Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 11:51:33 pm Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Whispers In The Dark

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whispers In The Dark  (Read 121 times)
DarkworldServant
Kahkki, Guerilla of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +8/-0

Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Third Year Anniversary Level 4 Combination Thread Starter
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:19:54 pm Central Daylight Time »

Ok here it is. This was the other story I was working on. I have seven chapters I have wrote that are edited but I have wrote all most the whole thing in a note book. Hope you like the first chapter.

Whispers In The Dark

Ch.1 The Whisper.         
“Mark.” This strange wind called out. “Mark.” It cried again.

Mark stood there in the middle of the woods. His dark brown hair and gray shirt fluttered in the breeze. Trees covered him on all sides.

“Mark.” The strange whisper in the wind called back out.

Mark took off running. Knocking down tree branches, Just to get out of the woods.

“Mark.” It sound like it was getting closer. Mark was running with all of his might. Then suddenly tripped on a tree branch, He fell and hit his knee. He held it in pain.

“Mark.” The voice sounded like it was right behind him. In the next moment he blacked out.

Mark set up straight in his bed. He was in a cold sweat. “What was that dream about?” He asked himself. Bu he was jarred awake by a throbbing pain in his knee.  Mark grabbed his knee and a question popped in his head. “Was it just a dream?” Five minutes latter he was able to go back to sleep.

The next morning Mark stumbled out of bed got a shower and put on a fresh pair of blue jeans and a tan shirt. “Mom!” He called out making his way down the stairs. He walked into the kitchen. Lying on the brown wooden table was a note.
                      “Took your sister to a Birthday party, you may go to Tony’s house I you want as long as you are home by 5pm when I get home.” Love mom.

Mark put the note down a grabbed a pop tart.

After he was done eating it he grabbed his cell phone and dialed Tony’s number.

“Hello” The voice on the other end answered.

“Hey Tony, What’s up?”  Mark asked.

“Nothing much, just watching TV.” Tony said.

“So do you mind if I come over?” Mark asked.

“Sure you can come over. Beside you owe me a rematch at Guitar Hero.” Tony Laughed.

“Ha.” Mark laughed. “I will be over in about 10 minutes.”

“Alright”

“Okay, bye.”  Mark closed is phone. He walked into the kitchen and out the back door. He grabbed his bike and headed off. 

Mark road down the road and made a right. After he made a right just a few feet latter he made a right. He passed by three houses and then turned into the driveway of this two storey white and brown brick house.

He parked his bike under one of the tall trees in the front yard. Mark knocked on the door. Knock Knock!!!!!!!

Tony answered the door. Tony is 5’9 with brown curly hair and glasses. He had on a plain red shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

Tony pushed up his glasses. “Come on in I have the game all ready set up.”

Mark walked on in. When you walk in to your left is a flight of stairs and over the stairs is a big glass slanderer.  And straight away was the living room.

“Ready?” Tony asked. Mark nodded.

They played for a couple of hours and collapsed on the couch with exhaustion. “Do you want something to drink?” Tony asked.

“Yea, do you have a sprite?” Mark asked. Tony nodded and got up. 

Mark closed his eyes. “Mark” It was the same voice as before. He shook his self awake. Tony was standing there with his arm out. “Here is your drink.”

“Thanks.”  Tony’s phone stared to ring.

“Hello” He answered. “I totally forgot. I will be there in a few minutes.” Tiny said hanging up the phone. 

“What is it?” Mark questioned.

“I told my brother I would come and watch his football game today.” Tony responded.

Mark took out his phone to see the time. “That’s cool. I have got to get home anyways.”
He chugged his sprite and ran out the door.

He picked up his bike and got on. “Mark.” The wind whispered. He started to pedal. “Help us.” He heard when he made a right turn.

“We need you.” Were the final words he heard before he was inside his house. He looked at the all clock and it read 4:40 pm. He knew that his mom and sister would be home in about 20 minutes.

Mark plopped on the couch and turned on the tv. Bu before he knew it he drifted off o sleep.

Mark saw this little dark haired girl standing by this sparking blue water. She looked about 7 or 8. She had on a yellow dress and a sun hat. The little girl smiled at mark and ran into the woods.

Mark ran after the girl. “Were did she go?” He wondered. 

“He is coming.” Were the final words he heard before he was jerked awake by his sister Sally.

Sally was this blond hair girl with a few freckles on her cheeks, and when she smiled you saw she had a couple of teeth missing. She is 7 years old.

“The party was great!” She said happily.

Mark opened his eyes.

Latter that night Sally, Mark, and there mother Kelly was sitting at the dinner table. “Mom may I have some more mashed potatoes?” Sally asked. Kelly passed the bowl to Mark who gave it to his sister.

“So did you and Tony have fun today?” There mom asked.

“We sure did. We played Guitar Hero all day.” Mark said.

“Mark, guess what?” Sally asked excitedly.  “What.”

“My friend that just turned 7 is coming over tomorrow.” Sally said.

“Cool.” Mark said getting up and putting his plate in the sink.

After dinner Mark went upstairs to his room. He turned on his lamp that was on a small dresser. The dresser was brown with two drawers. Mark picked up a picture.

In the picture was Mark just three years ago, when he was 11. Next to Mark was a tall man about 6;1 with long jet black hair that fell to his shoulders. He had on hunting clothes and boots. 

“Dad” Mark sighed. He turned the light out and went to sleep.

Mark woke up with the sunlight shining on his ace from the curtains of his window. “AAA” Mark yawed.

He got up got a shower and put on a blue shirt with a yellow lighting blot on it and a pair of pants and a tan ball cap. Mark grabbed his cell phone and saw that it had 1 new message. It was from Tony.
                        “Meet me at my house, Got something to show you.”

Mark ran out of his room and down the stairs. “Where are you going?” His mom called out. “I am on my way to Tony’s House.” Was Marks answer.     

“Well your sister wants you to meet her new friend.”

“Okay, well, where is she?” Sally walked out of the kitchen. By her side was this girl. She had dark hair with a yellow dress and a sun hat.

“Hello.” She said and smiled. 

Mark stared at the girl. He knew he had seen that girl before. “Huh, Hi My name is Mark. What is your name?”

“My name is Rebecca.”  She said.

“Nice to meet you” Mark said as he walked out the door.

Report Spam   Logged

The time as come for the Reign of The Dark worlds
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 08:18:40 pm Central Daylight Time »

**** wow. You should write books man. Talk to Dits. lol
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

DarkworldServant

Dark World Fortune +8/-0

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 09:49:50 am Central Daylight Time »

Ok since these two chapters are kinda short I posted the next two chapters. Plus I am not going to be here this weekend and I wanted you guys to have something to read.

Ch. 2 A Strange Note.

Mark rode his bike to Tony’s house. The whole way there he could not get the image of that girl out of his head. “Why did I see that girl in my dreams and then she shows up at my house? What is going on?” He thought.

He made it to Tony’s house and just like last time he parked his bike under the big tree in the yard. He walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. “About time you got here.” Tony said answering the door. 

Mark followed Tony upstairs to Tony’s room. Tony’s room had blue carpet, a computer desk and a book shelf lined with books. On the wall above his bed was a window. Next to the right of his bed was a closet.

“So you said you had something to show?” Mark spoke up. 

“Yeah, I got this weird note today.” Tony said fumbling threw his desk drawer. He pulled out his crumpled up piece of paper. He read it out loud.

“Please let your friend Mark know we need his help, from Rebecca.”

Mark froze. His eyes grew bigger. Tony tugged at his shirt. “What is it?”

Mark snapped out of it. “Oh nothing,” He whispered.  “May I take that with me?”

“Sure.” Tony said with a paralyzed looked.

“I will explain everything latter.” Mark said bolting out the door. He grabbed his back and started pedaling home. “Come help us” came the whisper again.

Mark could not believe that name on that note. Things got more and more confusing each and every day. “Could it be her?”

A few minutes latter he busted threw the front door of his house. There in the living room was Rebecca and Sally playing with dolls. 

“Rebecca do you know anyone named Tony?” Mark questioned.

She tapped her finger on her chin. “Not that I know of”

“Well how do you explain this?” Mark said reaching into his pocket and pulls out the note. 

Rebecca read the note and shrugged.

Mark stormed out of the living room and up the stairs. He shut his door to his from and proceeded to call Tony.   

“Hi man, you have got to come over. Weird things are going on and I am going out of my mind.”

“Okay, I am on my way.” Tony said.

They hung up the phone and Mark paced back and forth. About 5 minutes latter he saw Tony pulling up on his bike. “Come on up.” He called out.

A knock came from Marks door. “Come in.”

Tony shut the door behind him. “So what is up?”

“I do not even know were to begin.”  Mark responded. They sat down on the bed.

“When you came in did you see that girl playing with my sister?” Mark asked.

“Yeah so what”? Tony asked.

“Well her name is Rebecca.” Mark said. “The same name on that note you found.”

Tony looked at him with a blank look. Mark knew he needs to tell him what has been going on with him these last few days.  Mark spent the next few minutes telling Tony about the voices and Dreams he had been having.

Then he explained about how that girl was not here and now she shows up.

“What do you think this all means?” Tony asked.

“I do not know but I have a gut felling that I will know more when I go to sleep tonight.”

They sat there in silences for a few moments before Tony spoke up. “So do you want to get some pizza?”   

“Heck yeah” was Marks response. 

They left and headed down the stairs. “Mom me and Tony are going out to get something to eat be back latter.” Mark called out heading out the door.

They got on there bikes and headed off.

That night Mark had a hard time going to sleep. He was nervous and scared. He knew question might be answered, but did he really want to know?

He finally drifted off to sleep at 4:30am.

CH.3 The Dream

Mark stood there in the woods. “Save me.” came a voice.

Mark turned around, nothing, it was dark and quiet. The sound of rushing waters could be heard in the distance.

Mark followed the sound. It leads him to a river. The river was running straight across in front of him. The wood on the other side of the river was pitch-black, but the side he was on was bright and sunny.

“aaaaaa” Came a scream from the other side.

Mark looked around to see if there was a way across. To his right he saw a wooden bridge. He slowly walked across. A strong wind came on suddenly and shook the bridge. 

The bridge was about 16 feet long. When he made it over he could not see anything.

“Mark.” This voice called out. “Help us!”

This hand shot of the trees and grabbed mark.

Mark screamed. He struggled and broke free.

Next he took off running and ran across the bridge. Standing at the end of the bridge made Marks heart sink, it was Rebecca.

“Please save us.” She cried out. Finally everything went black around him.

Mark woke up at 11:45am. He got out of bed and walked down the stairs. His mom had left him another note.

“Tony’s mom and I went shopping. Sally and Rebecca are at Rebecca’s house. See you latter. Love You.”

Mark looked in the freezer and pulled out a Hungry man dinner. He popped it in the Microwave and pored him-self a glass of tea.

He spent the next 20 minutes eating and enjoying the rest of his Saturday.

Finally about 1:30pm he called Tony.

“Hello.” Tony said.

“Hi, I had a dream last night.” Mark said.

“Really what happened?” Tony asked.

Mark explained about the river and the bridge, then about the voices coming from the other side. Lastly he told him about Rebecca. 

“I am still as lost as I was last night.” Mark said.

Latter that night Sally and there mom came home. Mark had his head phones plugged into the computer listening to music.

“Guess what.” Sally said running up and shacking Marks arm.

Mark took his head phones off. “What is it?”

“Rebecca took me to this secret place.  She called it Light and Darkness woods.”

Mark listened and did not take his eyes of his sister.

“She said that the darkness needs to be brought into the light.” Sally ran of after saying that.

I need to talk to Rebecca.” Mark Mumbled.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 12:33:56 pm Central Daylight Time »

Alright thank you. Have a good weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkworldServant

Dark World Fortune +8/-0

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:37:26 pm Central Daylight Time »

Well I am back. I will be putting the next chapter up next week.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 05:12:56 pm Central Daylight Time »

Ah, welcome back. How was it? Alright cool.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkworldServant

Dark World Fortune +8/-0

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 05:15:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

It was good. I saw three movies. Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3d and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Spent the night at a couple of peoples house's and went out to eat.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 05:22:18 pm Central Daylight Time »

Oh wow. Those movies seem strange.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkworldServant

Dark World Fortune +8/-0

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 06:31:42 pm Central Daylight Time »

What do you mean? We took my little cuz's to see them.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 09:07:25 pm Central Daylight Time »

They are just weird movies. I just don't like animated movies too much.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkworldServant

Dark World Fortune +8/-0

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 11:54:56 am Central Standard Time »

Ok sorry I have not been posting my new chapters. But here is three more.

CH.4 The Meeting In The Woods.

Mark went to sleep, this time before midnight. This time he had a normal dream, nothing like the previous nights.

He woke up refreshed. “Finally, good nights sleep.” He said.  He looked at his clock and it was 8:45am. Mark took a shower and put on a gray shirt and blue jeans.

He walked down the stairs and in to the kitchen. When he walked in he froze.

Sitting at the table was Sally and Rebecca. “Honey I made some eggs. Do you want any?” His mother asked.

Mark sat down by Sally. “Sure mom thanks.”

“Me and Rebecca are going to play at her house today.” Sally said.

“Well my I come?” Mark asked.

“Yes we may need your help.” Rebecca said with a smile.

His mom came and sat a plate in front of him.

Sally and Rebecca got up and placed there plates in the sink and left the kitchen.

About an hour latter Kelly was driving Sally, Mark, and Rebecca to her house. She lived in this log cabin next to this lake of blue sparkling water. They stopped the car and everyone got out.

Mark scooped the place out. It was just like in his dream. Sally and Rebecca took off running behind the cabin and into the woods. Mark stayed close behind but not to close to be seen. A few feet in to the woods he heard a sound he had heard before.

“Rushing Water” Mark Whispered.

He walked deeper into the woods. And to his surprise there was a river. He ducked behind a tree because he saw Sally and Rebecca.

They were playing on the bridge. He saw Rebecca motion to Sally to follow her.

They made it across and then Mark could not see anything. So he decided to follow.

When he got to the other side it was pitch black. Mark pulled out his house key that had a small light on it.

The light barley made it any better. He walked a little bit but all he saw were trees.

A few minutes latter he heard laughing. He walked slowly. Then he heard a scream. Next he felt these cold hands grab him.

He tried to fight it off. “Help us” a cry came in the distance. Mark broke free and stared running. His flashlight died and then he tripped and hit his head and blacked out. “Never come back here.” were the final words he heard.

“Honey wake up.” His mom called out. Mark brought himself to. When he woke up he saw this log cabin next to this blue sparkling water. He wanted to go home then and there, but he knew his sister need his help.

But could he do?

CH. 5 Into The Woods.

Everybody got out of the car. Sally and Rebecca ran off behind the cabin and into the woods.

Mark, like in his dream, followed close behind.

Mark ducked behind a tree so he would not be seen. Sally and Rebecca skipped across the bridge. When they made it to the other side Mark heard a scream.

“Sally, Rebecca!” Mark screamed out.

He ran across the bridge and into the darkness. 

He felt these hands jut out of the trees and wrapped around his waist. Mark broke free. Before he went any further he stopped. There was a pair of glowing red eyes.

‘Do I run and leave?” He questioned. “But I need to save my sister and her friend.” All these questioned popped in his head.

He heard another scream. Then he knew what he had to do. He took off running.

About 20 feet in front of him stood this tall skinny figure. Its eyes glowed bright red. Then it spoke. The way it spoke sent chills down Marks spine.

“You don’t belong here.”

“What about my sister and Rebecca?”  Mark asked.

The figure held up this glowing ring. The ring gave off a light that lit up his bony hand. Next the ring flashed and Mark found his self on the other side of the bridge, alone.

Mark sat down and hung his head, in shame. “Sally.” Mark cried out.

This strange wind started to blow. It rustled threw the trees and threw Marks brown hair, it hit him in the face. Next out of nowhere this lighting bolt struck down in the dark woods and lit it up with a blue glow.

But the weird thing was, was that the woods continued to glow. 

Mark could see into the woods. What caught his eyes even more was this wooden box with a glow around it.

He slowly got up and proceeds across the bridge. Before he went any further he stopped and just started into the woods, took a deep breath, and continued to walk.

The box was about 50 feet away. He walked with caution. He finally made it.

The box was about 20 inches long and about 50 inches high.

“Open it.” Came a whisper.

Mark slowly opened it. In side was this leather bound book.

“Take it and go. Do not let it get into the wrong hands.”

Mark grabbed the book and ran not looking back.

As soon as he was out of the dark woods the glow faded. Mark made his way back to the car. He thought that would be a safe place to red the book.

Ch.6 Reading The Book.

He opened the book. The first page read……. 

“If you are reading this then, you must be our hero…………….”
The next word made Mark drop the book. The word was “Mark”.

He picked it backed up and started reading again.

“We need your help. This book will tell you a little something each day. If you can not get to the book then the book will find you. Warning never let this book out of your sight.” He flipped threw the book and all the pages were blank. Mark placed the book under his seat and got out the car and locked the doors.

He walked of to the lake, staring at the water and taking everything in. He picked up a rock and threw it into the water. He stopped throwing rocks because he heard foot steps behind him. He quickly turned around and what he saw made him stop breathing.

It was Sally and Rebecca.

“Were did you go?” Mark finally asked.

“We just went walking in the woods.” Sally said laughing.

“Yea” Rebecca said.

Sally smiled. Mark saw something strange; Sally had all of her teeth. Mark watched has they walked off and into the cabin.

“What’s going on?” He asked into the wind.

Back at Mark’s house, Mark stayed in his room and went over the days events. He placed the book on his bed and read and read the first page. Then it dawned on him what he had to do.

He reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone. “No, I can not call this late.” He thought as he scrolled to Tony’s name. It was 11:11pm. “I will call him in the morning.”

He placed the book into his top drawer of his night stand then he flicked his lamp off.

The next morning he woke up to the sound of chirping birds. It felt like a normal Monday. His mom had made Bacon and eggs. After he ate he went back up to his room to call Tony.

“What’s Up, Tony! How was your Sunday?” Mark asked.

“Nothing happened here just stayed at home and played on the computer.” Tony Responded.

“Oh, well mine was weird.”

“Why did you have another dream?” He asked excitedly.

“Yes but then it came true.”

Mark stayed on the phone for about 20 to25 minutes telling Tony all about his Sunday. “I would love to hear more but my dad is calling me. I will talk to you latter. ” Tony said.

“Ok, latter.” Mark hung up his phone.

He was about to leave his room when he saw his desk drawer glow. Mark went over and pulled the book out and once it was in his hands it stopped glowing. He opened it and saw another two pages had writing on them so he sat and read.

Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 06:11:41 pm Central Standard Time »

Unbelievable........
Report Spam   Logged

DarkworldServant

Dark World Fortune +8/-0

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 08:36:59 pm Central Standard Time »

So, is that a good thing? I hope so. I all so have the next chapter up on my other story. Just to let you know.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:38:25 pm Central Standard Time by DarkworldServant » Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 08:42:25 pm Central Standard Time »

Lol. It's fine.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2