Dark World Society
April 18, 2024, 08:56:57 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread  (Read 606 times)
Dragon in the Shadows
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:02 am Central Standard Time »

I would just leave out Flareon - horrendously slow with a very shallow move pool that can't take advantage of its best stats.

Flareon's my favorite and the whole reason for team Eon...I'll keep what you said in mind.  I think I might do a bit of trial-and-error with the line-up and moves.
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2010, 03:02:55 pm Central Standard Time »

But it is really the worst of them all.

High Attack   No high-damaging physical moves

And it is way.  Too damn.  Slow... e_e'''
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2010, 07:25:44 pm Central Standard Time »

yeah that is true. but many cool looking pokemon fall into that dismal pool. good thing for AR!

Give it Extreme speed and Giga impact and FlareBlitz and Wood hammer or Volt tackle. lol

btw, umbreon is the worst one with both atk and speed at suck levels. who plays pokemon defensively anyway. It is as Bruce said, Speed, Power and Accuracy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:33:39 pm Central Standard Time by ArkticDark » Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2010, 03:03:35 pm Central Standard Time »

yeah that is true. but many cool looking pokemon fall into that dismal pool. good thing for AR!

Give it Extreme speed and Giga impact and FlareBlitz and Wood hammer or Volt tackle. lol

btw, umbreon is the worst one with both atk and speed at suck levels. who plays pokemon defensively anyway. It is as Bruce said, Speed, Power and Accuracy.

>_>; If you're going to hack, at least make your Pokemon legal...

What Bruce said applies to martial arts, which this is not.  Walls are important in Pokemon.  Having a bunch of sweepers really will fail you.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 10:02:54 pm Central Standard Time »

There can be good defensive tactics for Pokemon but they usually aren't things that happens during your turn.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2010, 04:10:50 pm Central Standard Time »

There can be good defensive tactics for Pokemon but they usually aren't things that happens during your turn.

o_o''' I'm unsure of what you mean by that.  Pokemon is turn-by-turn, so I don't see your point.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 05:30:12 pm Central Standard Time »

o_o''' I'm unsure of what you mean by that.  Pokemon is turn-by-turn, so I don't see your point.

I mean like specific DEF stats and hold items. Certain moves are defensive too.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 08:40:16 pm Central Standard Time »

I mean like specific DEF stats and hold items. Certain moves are defensive too.

o_O''' Then those defensive tactics do happen during your turn, at least a part of them.  That "during your turn" part of your previous statement confused me.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 09:52:29 pm Central Standard Time »

Sorta but not always.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 10:43:52 pm Central Standard Time »

Ok so if everyone is using top teir pokemon what type of wall strategy will be implemented with such big hitters?
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2010, 02:22:14 am Central Standard Time »

Ok so if everyone is using top teir pokemon what type of wall strategy will be implemented with such big hitters?

To be able to hit back harder. It's kinda sacky actually...
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2010, 03:19:46 pm Central Standard Time »

The purposes of walls are to sponge up damage to beat the opposition in the long run and threaten opposing Pokemon with super effective attacks, status afflictions, or even stat-boosting moves (like Curse on Snorlax).

Good examples of defensive walls include Skarmory, Gliscor, Bronzong, and "bulky Waters" (Suicune, Swampert, etc.).  Skarmory usually sets up things like Spikes and shuffles your opponent's Pokemon with Whirlwind.  Gliscor can turn into a sweeping tank with Swords Dance and its fairly high speed.  Bulky Waters can just be hard to beat... due to their bulk.

The best special walls include Blissey and Snorlax, for their high HP.  Blissey is really defensive - it can heal the status of your own members (and itself with its ability), inflict status conditions, or may even have Counter (guarantees a kill when used correctly due to Blissey's high HP and low physical defense).  Snorlax is one of those more offensive walls.  Its high Attack is quite nice.

If you're using your Pokemon correctly, there's really nothing "sacky" about walling.  Of course, there's always those critical hits which come at the worst time, or the 10% chance of a status condition happening, but don't count on those things to happen.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:21:38 pm Central Standard Time by PkMn Trainer » Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2010, 06:12:20 pm Central Standard Time »

Okay. 
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2010, 10:00:37 pm Central Standard Time »

And that's why they call you PkMn Trainer.

Walling isn't may bag of tricks. The only slow pokemon I would use are snorlax and hippowddon, mispelled prolly.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2010, 11:54:06 pm Central Standard Time »

Blissey is huge. It's pretty easy to tell what could have high defensive steps. If you know your types.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2010, 05:26:59 pm Central Standard Time »

;o Exactly, Arktic Dark.  I have support to back my claim.

Every good team needs at least 1 wall and/or a couple of fairly bulky Pokemon (high HP & with at least decent defensive stats) that can survive quite a few hits.  Metagross is a good example of a tank.  Tanks are just bulky Pokemon who can dish out some major damage.

Stats are the best determinant of a Pokemon's role.  Blissey can be a b*tch to kill. >_>;  Luckily, there's Salamence...

8D Which brings us up to the categories of attackers - physical, special, and mixed.  They're all pretty self-explanatory.  Mixed attackers need high stats in both Attack & Special Attack.  With a diverse move set, they can tear some holes in the enemy's team.   Salamence is my favorite mixed attacker.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2010, 07:21:53 pm Central Standard Time »

They are all different though. Bah...
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2010, 06:57:40 pm Central Standard Time »

Yes trainer, I have played pokemon for years. Since Blue. But I could never have fun with a slow PkMn. Salamence has the highest stats of any none Legendary and competes at the top level. I must say, I prefere Dragonite over him cause Dragonite is the OG. 
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2010, 08:31:45 pm Central Standard Time »

A lot of kids have also played Pokemon for years...

Dragonite's a slow Pokemon.  And OG in terms of Dragonite means "Old Gei".  I never liked Barney...

Salamence is faster, sleeker, and is all around stronger.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2010, 03:30:13 pm Central Standard Time »

Dragonite is wayyyyyy tough.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2010, 08:29:21 pm Central Standard Time »

Dragonite is wayyyyyy tough.

It can be.  Salamence and Kingdra are worse though...
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2010, 08:49:36 pm Central Standard Time »

Salamence? I don't know. That seems hard to believe.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2010, 08:32:14 pm Central Daylight Time »

its true. Salamence's stats rival Requaza's.

I dont play with legendary pkmn. I consider them cheating. And matches aren't as fun if everybody uses 6 Legendaries. 

Salamence's stats are are so high it is practically a legendary. So I dont use him.

that's why yugioh uses a band list. To use more strategy.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2010, 05:57:07 pm Central Daylight Time »

That's true but Pokemon doesn't have nearly as much strategy anyway. Legendaries are my favorite but that would be fun to have battles without them.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2010, 03:18:32 pm Central Daylight Time »

Most of the Legendaries are Uber, but there are still some of them that are acceptable in standard play.  Latias is one of them.   If only she could learn Flamethrower... That would be game-breaking.

:/  And I'm sure you've all noticed my inactivity.  If you haven't noticed... it makes sense 'cause I haven't been here much.   I'm gonna put YGO on hold.  It's all about Pokemon now.  I go on Battle Revolution for competitive, random battles.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 3
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1