Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 04:39:11 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread  (Read 560 times)
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: October 17, 2009, 11:27:47 pm Central Daylight Time »

Discuss any and all Pokemon video game material here. I'll add links and other material here as we go.

Guides
Walkthroughs
References
Future Releases
Cheats
Gameplay

- Dark World Overlord
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:42:32 pm Central Standard Time by Dark World Overlord » Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 01:16:06 pm Central Daylight Time »

I'll reveal my Gold Pokeblock recipe shortly...
And I'll help people build a competitive team for standard play.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 01:52:05 pm Central Daylight Time »

What's your team? You use Platinum right?
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 02:46:06 pm Central Daylight Time »

What's your team? You use Platinum right?

Because I only use one solid, set team, I never reveal it until I battle.  I occasionally change it up with some past members, but that's really just for testing, "Siding" for a rematch (same meaning as in YGO), or other small reasons.

I'm only using Diamond.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:16:51 pm Central Daylight Time »

Okay then... 
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 12:48:01 pm Central Daylight Time »

If you have a team that needs help, I'm always here. ]
If you don't want to reveal exactly which specific Pokemon you use, I can still give pointers on what a good team should include.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 01:05:45 pm Central Daylight Time »

In FireRed is there anyway to either catch a Pikachu with Volt Tackle or teach a Pikachu Volt Tackle?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:06:42 pm Central Daylight Time by Dragon in the Shadows » Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 01:09:00 pm Central Daylight Time »

In FireRed is there anyway to either catch a Pikachu with Volt Tackle or teach a Pikachu Volt Tackle?

That's not possible without the use of a hacking device.  You'll have to breed.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 07:58:57 pm Central Daylight Time »

Basically, get a hacking device. 
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 08:59:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

Basically, get a hacking device. 

Basically, just breed.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 09:21:31 pm Central Daylight Time »

Does the girl Pikachu have to know Volt Tackle or is that just something Pichu comes with?
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 06:48:41 am Central Standard Time »

As you guys know I just got Pearl and even though I can't play it yet ('cause my mom bought the DS lite as a Christmas present instead of her buying it and me paying her back as I wanted to do) I have begun to prepare.  Anywho I have some questions.  First of all, migrating Pokemon.  Do the Pokemon have to be in my party or in the PC?  Can I migrate as soon as I want or do I have to wait for an event to occur?  Yes, I am aware that you can only migrate once per 24 hour period.  I know TMs and mail won't migrate, but what about hold items?

In case you are wondering I have in my FireRed a Cyndaquil (got through trade, not sure if he used a cheat device), Charmander (breed from my FireRed Charizard), Torchic (from my friend's Ruby), Mudkip (from my friend's Ruby), and ofcourse a number of Eevees (three evolved to the the original evolutions and four ready for the new evolutions and time based evolutions).  Thinking about getting a Pikachu to send over too.  All are level 5 'cause I had to hatch a bunch of Eevees and I didn't trust the Cyndaquil.

The other question is regarding starters.  I have already decided to start with Chimchar.  If you haven't noticed yet I plan to have all the Fire starter in the same game.  Hopefully one day I'll have every starter in the same game, but that will have to wait.  Anywho, I want to know for future reference which one is the best to start with.

That's it for now.  Obviously any other questions aren't important at this point.  I have some questions about WiFi battling and trading.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 03:11:40 pm Central Standard Time »

@DWO:
The female Pikachu (mother) has to be holding a Light Ball.  You can only get a Pikachu with Light Ball from beating Battle Revolution for the Wii... and I totally do not recommend any of you to get it. >_>;  Unless you're really into Wi-Fi battles (it does have a random pairing system), it just sucks. :/  Pikachu's attack isn't very good either, so neither is Volt Tackle...

@Dits:

1.The Pokemon you migrate from the GBA need to be in the PC.  You need to beat the Elite Four first.  The Pal Park's around Route 221.  I think you can migrate hold items.

2. o_o''' I'd trust the Cyndaquil.  Even if it is hacked, there shouldn't be too much of a problem with it.  You can try to breed it with a Ditto or somethin'.

3. Piplup & Chimchar are good choices.  Both have great final forms.  Turtwig is poo.

You can ask me those other questions once you're ready.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 03:50:54 pm Central Standard Time »

WTF? How the **** would I get that off a Wii game onto the DS game?
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 03:55:37 pm Central Standard Time »

WTF? How the **** would I get that off a Wii game onto the DS game?

There's a function where you can transfer stuff from the Wii to the DS. o_o'''
You can (or rather, you must) use your DS Pokemon in the Wii game anyway.  The Wii game's rental Pokemon are crap.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 04:33:16 pm Central Standard Time »

Well, **** that ****. I already don't have either one.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 04:48:05 pm Central Standard Time »

Well, **** that ****. I already don't have either one.

Are you saying **** **** or **** ****?

Anyway, it doesn't matter too much.
This and the Volt Tackle thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 05:05:37 pm Central Standard Time »

2. o_o''' I'd trust the Cyndaquil.  Even if it is hacked, there shouldn't be too much of a problem with it.  You can try to breed it with a Ditto or somethin'.

3. Piplup & Chimchar are good choices.  Both have great final forms.  Turtwig is poo.
[/color]

I've already breed the Cyndaquil twice and released the original.  As for the starters, I figured as much.  The Grass type usually sucks.  Definitely going with Chimchar.  Now I just gotta think of a nickname...Thanks for the input.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 05:13:36 pm Central Standard Time »

I said **** that ****.

I always choose a Fire starter. Anything from Charmander to Chimchar.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 05:18:46 pm Central Standard Time »

Same here!  Fire kicks ass!
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 05:38:54 pm Central Standard Time »

Yeah it does. That's why back in Pokemon Yellow, I was ****ed.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 05:59:04 pm Central Standard Time »

Yeah it does. That's why back in Pokemon Yellow, I was ****ed.

LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:03 pm Central Standard Time »

Seriously. How the **** am I supposed to beat Onix with Pikachu? Then I have to waste 3 days of game play leveling it up along with at Pidgey and a Rattata. -_- **** Caterpie.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 04:17:05 am Central Standard Time »

You do realize that Nidoran learns Double Kick.
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 03:53:32 pm Central Standard Time »

You do realize that Nidoran learns Double Kick.

But DWO believes he is Ash Ketchum when he plays Pokemon Yellow.
Ash never got a Nidoran...

But in my Yellow, Nidoking's my strongest.   I taught it Bubblebeam. Lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2