Dark World Society
March 28, 2024, 07:50:02 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Shonen Jump Los Angeles 2010: Official Thread

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
1 Guest, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shonen Jump Los Angeles 2010: Official Thread  (Read 123 times)
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:09:59 pm Central Standard Time »

Discuss this tournament before and after the event. What decks will top? Who will win?

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/news/news_091204-SJC-LA.html

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – December 4, 2009 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KDE) will unleash the world’s best-selling trading card game on the City of Angels (Los Angeles, CA) with the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) SHONEN JUMP Championship on January 9.  KDE is committed to starting off the 2010 Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG competitive season with a bang by hosting a premier event in the second largest metropolis in the United States.

KDE’s SHONEN JUMP Championship in Los Angeles takes place January 9-10 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The registration fee is $20, and each player will receive five Stardust Overdrive booster packs just for participating. The top three finalists from the SHONEN JUMP Championship will receive the highly sought-after “Dark End Dragon” SHONEN JUMP Championship Prize Card, as will two other finalists from bonus events held on Sunday.

“The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME has sold more than 22 billion cards worldwide and we fully expect that kind of excitement from Duelists to carry over to the SHONEN JUMP Championship in Los Angeles,” commented Yumi Hoashi, Vice President of Card Business for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.  “We designed the SHONEN JUMP Championships to be enjoyed by as many players as possible and they continue to be the most celebrated events we hold each year.”

Those who cannot make this SHONEN JUMP Championship will be able to follow round-by-round coverage online at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.

SHONEN JUMP Championship Los Angeles details:  The Los Angeles Convention Center SHONEN JUMP Championship will start promptly at 8:00 a.m. for registration with Round One beginning at 10:00 a.m.  The top 16 finalists for the SHONEN JUMP Championship, along with the top Duelists of the Sunday Regional Qualifiers, earn invites to participate in their respective countries’ 2010 National Championships.

The Los Angeles stop in the SHONEN JUMP Championship tour will offer exciting Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG side events for both Saturday and Sunday which include Win-A-Mat tournaments for all ages, and Dragon Duel tournaments for Duelists aged 12 and under.   There will also be 2010 Regional Qualifier tournaments on Sunday.

SHONEN JUMP Championship prizes:

* 1st place – A  “Dark End Dragon” SHONEN JUMP Championship Prize Card, Trophy, Paid travel and accommodations for the winner’s 2010 National Championship (if underage, travel and accommodations for the winner and a guardian), a SHONEN JUMP Championship Top 16 Game Mat, and a one year subscription to SHONEN JUMP magazine.

* 2nd place – A “Dark End Dragon”  SHONEN JUMP Championship Prize Card, 32 GB personal music player with docking station and speakers, a SHONEN JUMP Championship Top 16 Game Mat, and a one year subscription to SHONEN JUMP magazine.

* 3rd place – A “Dark End Dragon” SHONEN JUMP Championship Prize Card, videogame console with a copy of a Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Wheelie Breakers, a copy of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Tagforce 4 videogame, a SHONEN JUMP Championship Top 16 Game Mat, and a one year subscription to SHONEN JUMP magazine.

* 4th place – A videogame console with a copy of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Wheelie Breakers, a copy of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Tagforce 4 videogame, a SHONEN JUMP Championship Top 16  Game Mat, and a one year subscription to SHONEN JUMP magazine.

* 5th – 8th place – A personal videogame console with a copy of 2010 WCT game: YGO! 5D’s World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia, a SHONEN JUMP Championship Top 16 Game Mat, and a one year subscription to SHONEN JUMP magazine.

* 9th – 16th place – A copy of 2010 WCT game: YGO! 5D’s World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia, a SHONEN JUMP Championship Top 16 Game Mat, and a one year subscription to SHONEN JUMP magazine.

For more information on Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME or the SHONEN JUMP Championship series, please visit www.yugioh-card.com.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:26:43 pm Central Standard Time »

Come on! Discuss this. It was the largest recorded tournament in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG history! 1600+ people.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 04:39:38 pm Central Standard Time »

Here are the Top 16 deck lists.

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=1527
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:12:36 pm Central Standard Time »

wow only one blackwing deck and only one glad beast deck. ... no Dark world decks!

Like one or two Zombie Decks.

So this mixing of DAD and Dark monsters with Lightsworn monsters JD and prolly Chaos sorceror is that what all this twilight talk is about?

I wonder if you can make a DW, DAD, Lightsworn, JD Hybrid deck?
Seems impossible discard hand and from deck to Grave aahh!

Zombies seem to go better with that though. Damn. But here we go!

Monsters:25
Golddx3
Silvax3
DAD
Gorz
PSZ
Gale
JDx2
2 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
2 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
2 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1 Shire, Lightsworn Spirit
1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
2 Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
2 Honest

Spell:9
Card Des.
DW dealingsx2
Allure of Darkness
Charge of the light brigade
Solar charge
Monster reincarnation
Heavy
Gold Sarcophagus

Traps:6
Forces of Darknessx2
Beckoning lightx3
Deck DEV. Virus

Side:15
Morphing jar
Kycoox3
call of H
Mirror force
Torrential
Bottomlessx2
Solemn
Deck dev. virus -or- grandmole - idk
MST
Brain control
Lightning V
MBaaS

Off the top of my Head not bad what do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:22 pm Central Standard Time »

I don't know. It might be inconsistent. Dark World hasn't topped a SJC for a few years now. =[
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 08:41:16 pm Central Standard Time »

I just glanced over the Top 16. Nothing special at all since it's all the same, basically.  That GB must have got a whole lot of help from Rai-Oh.  General GB's aren't as good anymore.

Surprised to see no DHZ topping, but just regular Zombies, more OCG-like.  >_>; My friend said that the DH thing wasn't "consistent" enough, but it sure didn't seem true when I played him.  He might just be sayin' that due to the results of this SJC.

That makes me wanna make a Zombie Deck list.  I always wanted to run one.  But the prices are all jacked up now.

Eh, LS are just fine by themselves.  DW would be more dead than helpful imo.  DW is old and hasn't seen much support either...
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 08:54:09 pm Central Standard Time »

Yeah but so many cards are gonna be leaving the deck and hand i think it might flow but i want this to be tested on the game
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 09:01:59 pm Central Standard Time »

Idk... I think it's gonna be inconsistent.  DW & LS just have no synergy.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 12:45:57 am Central Standard Time »

Zombies are better than DHZ. Also, that Blackwing player siding in Wabokus doesn't help beat Gladiator Beasts. lol
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 03:00:44 pm Central Standard Time »

Iono, I guess.  Still strange how DHZ suddenly didn't top.
>_>; Maybe that's why he didn't Side them in for GB's.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:31:20 pm Central Standard Time »

I still don't like Waboku though. If it got popular people would just run Gladiator Beasts again.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 04:12:01 pm Central Standard Time »

Neither is happening.

Waboku's a decent Side Deck choice.  I would consider using them in mirror matches if I ran BW's.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 12:02:01 am Central Standard Time »

I see people maining both Book of Moon and Waboku.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 04:49:52 pm Central Standard Time »

I see people holding both a blunt and a drink.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 04:54:41 pm Central Standard Time »

I see people holding both a blunt and a drink.

Your family shouldn't be doing that stuff. Neither should your friends.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 05:07:29 pm Central Standard Time »

Neither of them do.

It's the people Maining both Book & Waboku. :/
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 08:27:18 pm Central Standard Time »

Neither of them do.

It's the people Maining both Book & Waboku. :/

Oh goodie.  ]

I guess so but meh...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 4
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1