Dark World Society
April 19, 2024, 06:37:58 am Central Daylight Time
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links [DWS Facebook] Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Pokémon Black and White

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 2
Comments (0)
By: Yubelservant12

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: Fever

Views: 12
Comments (1)
By: Fever
Members Currently Online!
2 Guests, 0 Users
+- The Dark World Society Top Posters
Fever
PkMn Trainer
ArkticDark
Dragon in the Shadows
XxReptarxX
Bakura_yami
BigStinkinApe
Meddling Mage
Kingdiepie
JackalKing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokémon Black and White  (Read 812 times)
Dragon in the Shadows
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Brron, Mad King of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +34/-0

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Wild Haunter used Mean Look.

Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2011, 02:59:57 pm Central Daylight Time »

The town graphics are the best of all the Pokemon games, there is even a large city that is pretty realistic.  You have two rivals from the start.  The gyms are cooler than ever, but easy to get around.  The new starters suck.  And there are a lot of what-the-f**k Pokemon.  Such as ice cream cones, gears, mummies, trash bags, snow flakes and candles.  But at least they added two decent Fighting types and two of the most awesome Electric types since the good ol' iconic voltic rat.  Oh, and you can battle with 3 Pokemon at the same time.  Which means if you can ask your friends if they want to have a 3-way...

Well, to get my mind out of the gutter, the new "evil" team wants to free Pokemon.  There is yet another Pokemon creation myth.  And the current champion has a sad past.

So I'ld say not as good as Platinum, but far greater than Ruby/Saphire/Emerald.
Report Spam   Logged

I think my head is coming loose...

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Hmm... maybe thinking of getting a kindle or maybe putting books on my pad.

I thought only girls use pads.

Proud supporter of DAM: Mother's Against Dyslexia
PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator
Latinum, Exarch of Dark World

Dark World Fortune +41/-0

Makunouchi's Dempsey Roll

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2011, 05:12:23 pm Central Daylight Time »

My friends like HG/SS more.  Hard to match the remake of the best installement imo, but this game still has a lot to do if you can control your face/palms at many of the Pokemon designs.  Black City is a great place to battle.  The Trainers there have lots of Stage 2 Pokemon from previous regions, such as Nidoking and Salamence.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Dark World Fortune +54/-0

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2011, 11:02:54 pm Central Daylight Time »

I like all of the games I have played. But I have missed seven games.
Report Spam   Logged

"I was meant to inspire good. Not madness. Not death."

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

Fifth Year Anniversary 15,000 Posts Fourth Year Anniversary Pro Card Trader Pro Card Trader
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2011, 01:29:41 pm Central Daylight Time »

Just catch the Johto remakes and you'll be fine.   Better not to see the brokeness that is now.
Report Spam   Logged

STRONGER            CHALLENGER          SPEED            ENDURANCE        JAB            COUPE DE GRACE              SUNDAY PUNCH             DEMPSEY ROLL              FOOTWORK            FEINT            STRAIGHT      
       POWER             COURAGE                VICTORY          SMASH             EVASION            UPPERCUT            BODY BLOW            MOMENTUM            FLICKER JAB                  CORKSCREW            WEAVE    
Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2011, 08:32:48 pm Central Daylight Time »

I want to. Last game I played was Emerald. I loved it mostly because it featured my favorite Pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2011, 09:13:35 pm Central Daylight Time »

Nah.  It's for dumbass kids this time.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

Location: Connecticut.  On a map it's to the west of Rhode Island and south of Massachusetts.

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Mobile User Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2011, 04:46:38 am Central Daylight Time »

Nah.  It's for dumbass kids this time.

You're just jealous of my 8 badges that you don't have.    
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2011, 02:01:14 pm Central Daylight Time »

You're too blind to see the filth slathered across the land.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark
I'm like a whole Nova Corps
Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World

How does it feel to be burned by the human rocket

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2011, 09:01:44 pm Central Daylight Time »

Fever, If you get a DS I recommend Heart gold and Platinum. I still have Fire red loaded in my GBA slot of my DS Lite. missing from the DSi.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2011, 02:39:46 pm Central Daylight Time »

I'm gonna get a DS now that I'm working. It will be either a DSi XL or a 3DS. Most likely a 3DS since I don't have a system at all. I've already gone 6 years without Nintendo.

Arktic, I loved FireRed and LeafGreen. Unfortunately, it's a GBA game so I couldn't play it on my new system. Only the DS Lite has a GBA slot. Here's a list of the Pokemon games I've missed so far.

Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold
SoulSilver
Black
White

I'll be getting HeartGold or SoulSilver without a doubt. The others I am unsure about. I will watch game play videos on You Tube after this. I'm excited though. In a few weeks I'll be back into Pokemon. It's been so many years.
Report Spam   Logged

Dragon in the Shadows

« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2011, 04:18:39 pm Central Daylight Time »

You're too blind to see the filth slathered across the land.

Perhaps your head is too far under ground to realize that the game is actually pretty good.  I mean just because you don't like the starters and a few of the Pokemon doesn't mean it's bad.  I didn't quit Yu-Gi-Oh when Elemental Heros came out...I just used them as toilet paper and turned my attention to the rest of the cards in the pack.

Wings of Retribution's one true Pokemon Trainer..................................................Make that Master.[/i][/b]
Report Spam   Logged

There's smart
And then there's
Kmart smart.

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2011, 05:14:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

The art and names of some of the Pokemon are horrible. But that's not a big deal since it's not all of them. I'm more interested in game play. I watched a game play video of White version and I was very impressed with the new animations and graphics. I'm glad to see that Pokemon isnt the same rehashed game like Tag Force 5 or DBZ. I can't wait for Mexican version.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary Looking For Something? Third Year Anniversary Putting In Effort
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2011, 09:25:29 am Central Daylight Time »

Yeah, that's what I was saying about the dsi models.
I have a ds lite model so I can still play fire red.

I recommend Platinum which was my favorite pkmn game so far.

I have pearl, Heart Gold and Platinum.
Ruby and Fire Red.
All playable together on the ds lite.

Will you be able to play ds games normaly on the 3ds?
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2011, 01:49:05 pm Central Daylight Time »

Wings of Retribution's one true Pokemon Trainer..................................................Make that Master.

Someone who has never played competitively should not talk.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2011, 04:21:17 pm Central Daylight Time »

Yeah I gotta look into Platinum. Yeah the 3DS plays DS games lol. 3DS games are the same thing except they are 3D compatible. Nintendo made things a mess with this whole DS series. You shouldn't have five upgraded models of the same system. Like the DSi and DSi XL shouldn't have been made. Anyway, I can't wait for Pokemon!
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2011, 07:08:27 pm Central Daylight Time »

The regular DS series ain't big no more.   It's not like we're buying them.

Tell me when you see Garbador.
Dx
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2011, 09:07:41 pm Central Daylight Time »

I guess this is a sweet spot for me then. I figure I'll get the 3DS only because I don't have a DS at all. So I might as well get the latest and greatest. If I already owned an older model I wouldn't upgrade.

Anyway, so I can trade Pokemon and battle wirelessly over Wi-Fi? What's the range? I probably couldn't battle Trainer.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2011, 10:49:19 pm Central Daylight Time »

I guess this is a sweet spot for me then. I figure I'll get the 3DS only because I don't have a DS at all. So I might as well get the latest and greatest. If I already owned an older model I wouldn't upgrade.

Anyway, so I can trade Pokemon and battle wirelessly over Wi-Fi? What's the range? I probably couldn't battle Trainer.

Exactly what I recommended.

Yes.  Simple local wireless connection has range of about 30 feet, if I remember correctly.  Wi-Fi is the internet.  It's limitless, Fever.

I'll only battle 4th Gen.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2011, 11:40:53 pm Central Daylight Time »

It seems the local wireless connection for the 3DS goes up to 98 feet from what I read but yeah. Now I know the difference between that and Wi-Fi. I figured the DS used Wi-Fi regardless of how close you are. I'll worry about battling your hacks later. I won't be ready for a while.

Trainer, have you even played Pokemon Black or White yet? I'm a critical person and I'll still try it before shooting it down. I'm sure you'd be doing the same thing if I felt that way about HeartGold.
Report Spam   Logged

ArkticDark

« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2011, 09:00:24 am Central Daylight Time »

I think my bro might get me the version opposite the one he wants to play. So i'm good.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2011, 12:04:10 pm Central Daylight Time »

It seems the local wireless connection for the 3DS goes up to 98 feet from what I read but yeah. Now I know the difference between that and Wi-Fi. I figured the DS used Wi-Fi regardless of how close you are. I'll worry about battling your hacks later. I won't be ready for a while.

Trainer, have you even played Pokemon Black or White yet? I'm a critical person and I'll still try it before shooting it down. I'm sure you'd be doing the same thing if I felt that way about HeartGold.

o_O''' Nyeh?  Guess it's all good now.

Pokemon's Pokemon, so it's still a decent adventure.  I personally can't stand the designs.  I really can't.  That's why I quit this.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2011, 10:57:48 pm Central Daylight Time »

I'll probably get white version. I wish it was a 3DS game. Apparently, the system makes DS games look bad because Nintendo improved the system that much.

Anyway, the triple battles don't look too good but who knows? It could be good. I like Black and White version's new and improved graphics and battle animations.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2011, 01:47:16 pm Central Daylight Time »

Triple battles can be fun.   Looots of thinking.
Report Spam   Logged

Fever
Gotham Needs You
Administrator

Why Do We Fall?

« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2011, 03:08:16 pm Central Daylight Time »

So from what I've read, lots of people say it's the best Pokemon games in the franchise. It gets a 4 out of 5 with the main complaint being the horrible Pokemon names and designs. I think it is still worth getting.
Report Spam   Logged

PkMn Trainer
League Champion
Super Moderator

« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2011, 03:34:29 pm Central Daylight Time »

The environments are well done and the level of connectivity is great, but Pokemon's about Pokemon, and these motherf**kers is bad.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

+- The Dark World Society Statistics
Members
Total Members: 140
Latest: raitomizumi
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 58444
Total Topics: 1844
Most Online Today: 2
Most Online Ever: 176
(November 14, 2012, 12:31:06 am Central Standard Time)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2